My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det resignation tho

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year a bill comes up in CA's legislature to treat High Deductible/HSA (Health Savings Account) insurance policies the way the Fed government does (tax-free if used for medical/dental expenses) and every year it gets beaten down - CA taxes not just the amount going into the HSA (both employer and employee contributions) but the EARNINGS that it makes.

Here in FL, home schoolers are allowed to take 2 public school classes (free and part time) each semester/year. Every public, private or home school child is allowed to take free online classes on Florida Virtual School - so you can advance, remediate, take class just for interest or driver's ed or PE/whatever. In CA, you either totally homeschool or go to public school - no mixture, no part time classes, no virtual/online classes.

They have little interest in the needs of their residents - just whatever advances their agenda.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det resignation tho

California really is a hole. The economical indicators and stats just don't sync up with the actuality of life here and the California state government is the biggest cause for it.

A minimum of 250k lost jobs in the last 3+ years. Just moved just east of this state because of the minimum wage increases being so absurd, this doesn't count the businesses that just flat out closed.

A huge meth epidemic that is being overshadowed by the heroin epidemic because this issue is just older.

A massive homeless explosion, worse than during the recession and with the unemployment rate down from then. Why? Meth epidemic and people simply being priced out of the cost of living and high tax rates here and can't afford to leave this hole.

A state legislature that gives themselves 3-5% pay increases every year the last 5 years with zero votes or input from their cons uents.

A Governor passing legislation to boost his pockets in such a brazen manner. People are shocked and appalled at Trump's audacity to pass a bill to fund infrastructure. It's because state legislatures like California's aren't doing it with their state taxes. Brown then has the audacity to hike an unwarranted, unwanted, no-vote $52.5 billion gas tax for road repairs and is diverting 30% to fund his go-nowhere train that he was told no about last year. He really HATES tax payers having any say in what is done with their tax money, let alone how much they should be taxed.

The water issue. Holy , this is beyond disgusting. The state is in the midst of a record drought and the agriculture center of the Western states is dying every day. LA and the elitist millionaires want plush lawns. Record drought. Food supply. What do you do? Try and pass a law where Gov Brown brokers a deal to sell agriculture supply to a city level municipality for a tidy broker fee.

California gets the rainfall and gets a small surplus of water. What do you do? Sacrifice the food supply and the well being of the people so you can send that water out to "flush" the near ocean water, polluted beyond control the last 40 years with no thought process and putting the fresh water supply back to where it was during the record drought.

This state's a joke and it's because of the people in charge this century. Those numbers people stick to so they can defend these clowns aren't telling of the awful job these crooks have done in tanking this once wonderful and powerful state. Glad to be getting the out of here by year's end. Glad to have given 30 jobs to another state and my pity to those that want out but can't afford out because they can't afford "in".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cali still better than 90% other US holes tbqh

Average californian probably wouldnt move to San Antonio or Alabama or some hole like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California really is a hole. The economical indicators and stats just don't sync up with the actuality of life here and the California state government is the biggest cause for it.

A minimum of 250k lost jobs in the last 3+ years. Just moved just east of this state because of the minimum wage increases being so absurd, this doesn't count the businesses that just flat out closed.

A huge meth epidemic that is being overshadowed by the heroin epidemic because this issue is just older.

A massive homeless explosion, worse than during the recession and with the unemployment rate down from then. Why? Meth epidemic and people simply being priced out of the cost of living and high tax rates here and can't afford to leave this hole.

A state legislature that gives themselves 3-5% pay increases every year the last 5 years with zero votes or input from their cons uents.

A Governor passing legislation to boost his pockets in such a brazen manner. People are shocked and appalled at Trump's audacity to pass a bill to fund infrastructure. It's because state legislatures like California's aren't doing it with their state taxes. Brown then has the audacity to hike an unwarranted, unwanted, no-vote $52.5 billion gas tax for road repairs and is diverting 30% to fund his go-nowhere train that he was told no about last year. He really HATES tax payers having any say in what is done with their tax money, let alone how much they should be taxed.

The water issue. Holy , this is beyond disgusting. The state is in the midst of a record drought and the agriculture center of the Western states is dying every day. LA and the elitist millionaires want plush lawns. Record drought. Food supply. What do you do? Try and pass a law where Gov Brown brokers a deal to sell agriculture supply to a city level municipality for a tidy broker fee.

California gets the rainfall and gets a small surplus of water. What do you do? Sacrifice the food supply and the well being of the people so you can send that water out to "flush" the near ocean water, polluted beyond control the last 40 years with no thought process and putting the fresh water supply back to where it was during the record drought.

This state's a joke and it's because of the people in charge this century. Those numbers people stick to so they can defend these clowns aren't telling of the awful job these crooks have done in tanking this once wonderful and powerful state. Glad to be getting the out of here by year's end. Glad to have given 30 jobs to another state and my pity to those that want out but can't afford out because they can't afford "in".
    Doesn't help when Nestle is pumping water out of the ground with zero s given. New California is a real possibility at this point, and that is absolutely insane to me.

Nancy Pelosi - what a perfect representation of the mess that state is in. A state so rife with resources and responsible for so many booms in our economic history being mismanaged is a real shame.

The state is flooded with heroin and meth like you mentioned, and offers sanctuary for illegal citizens. Trump is thinking about withdrawing federal immigration enforcement and border patrol from California. You want to see MS-13 have a field day?

Get out now while you can, it's only going to get worse as long as the backlash against POTUS is being propagated by Hollywood and like-minded California Democrats. People like Pelosi are going to stuff their pockets and tell them to mow their lawns while they are being pillaged to kingdom come.

Like I said in another thread, people are selling their houses in California and buying land here in Texas cheap and sitting on a small nest egg. It's going to be a mass exodus once Trump starts pressing the red buttons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Average californian probably wouldnt move to San Antonio or Alabama or some hole like that
    Comparing San Antonio to Alabama is like comparing Denzel Washington to Jamie Foxx and saying they are equal since they both won Oscars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing San Antonio to Alabama is like comparing Denzel Washington to Jamie Foxx and saying they are equal since they both won Oscars.
    Not comparing but they are both holes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not comparing but they are both holes.
    San Antonio is a great city and I travel all over the world so I get some perspective. I like it better than Austin but it's a taste thing. But yeah, stay out in California, it's a hole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio has really grown into it's size as a top ten sized city. I left in late 09 when they were adding the two other lanes to 410 and every time I come home it's absolutely amazing how much it grows/has grown.

From what I hear from friends and fam, the cost of living is starting to catch up to a city of its size and growth. Before I left, I was living in a gated town house community off Thousand Oaks on the golf course. It was two stories, 1700 sq ft with a loft. We paid $695. Have a buddy who lives there still, smaller unit, rent is $1195. Rent for apartments in the Central Valley, in the ghetto of the ghettos is around that much for what is basically the equivalent of San Antonio's Elizan Courts but worse.

My old man is in that period of his life where he is most excited about all the bargains he gets. When he came to visit recently I figured every reaction to the cost of everything here would be "God damn, that's expensive." Turns out he wouldn't shut up about the cheaper beer here and the local meat markets having such clean, quality meat. Go figure.

Love San Antonio. It's my hometown but I'll never go back. The weather is just too , it's gotten too big and aside from my family, no real reason to go back. I am looking forward to relocating to Boise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is a great city and I travel all over the world so I get some perspective. I like it better than Austin but it's a taste thing. But yeah, stay out in California, it's a hole.
    We will have to disagree. San Antonio might not be one of the worst but it is a hole.

I never heard someone say I want to move to San Antonio or even vacation there. I still hear and see ppl wanting and moving to cali and most definitely vacation

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They are are piling in here and especially Austin.
    Good call yet again. Cost of living fool.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never heard anything bad about San Antonio on any forum besides hater right now.

Yes no city is perfect, but I don't think people come here and complain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will have to disagree. San Antonio might not be one of the worst but it is a hole.

I never heard someone say I want to move to San Antonio or even vacation there. I still hear and see ppl wanting and moving to cali and most definitely vacation
    Of course you have never heard.
    This is why the city is busting at the seams with move in's , no one wants to live here.
    Where specifically have you been in San Antonio and tell us where you live and why?

Our Airport has a dearth of direct flights, which is a problem for people who travel. And a problem for bigger businesses. But you can go live in Dallas or Houston, I'll stay right here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My brother lives in Santa Barbara.
    Incredible. Has a boat in their incredible city marina. We fish and lobster in the Pacific.
    You can run outside every damn day.

But for the $... No.

Nope. I got my coastline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When's the last time you've been to California? If you're not in the top 3-5%, this place is a giant hole too. San Francisco and LA are giant holes. Most of LA looks like the west side of San Antonio threw up all over a filthy, smoggy wasteland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

def a hole... ugh but we have to make the most of this city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cali isn't a city.

Never heard anyone say they wanted to move to Compton or vacation there, or Modesto, or a lot of other holes in California.

Thread Information