Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA can continue being a playoff team forever I would sign up for that right now

We have teams that drop confetti for just getting to 50 wins. You know how rare that is?
    Agreed. Outside of the Spurs I follow the Hornets who are my home team. The last time they won 50 games was back in '98 which was 20 years ago. Spurs fans are spoiled they don't know how hard it is to get 50 wins in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people know the Spurs are damn good if Kawhi is back. That won’t change the fact that Pau/Mills probably were not worth the money for the amount they will actually contribute to the winning
    If Kawhi and Gay both come back and this roster somehow rings, it will be in spite of trash like Mills and Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope I am wrong, but this badly flawed and hurt team will not win between 46-48 wins games with the upcoming schedule, will be passed by several teams in the WC, it will get a low seed, and will be swept (or win at most one game) in the playoffs.
    Most here were wrong with the election also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be worse, you could be a Bulls fan or a Nets fan

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Could be worse, you could be a Bulls fan or a Nets fan

Could be worse, you could be 4th in the west es!

3rd in the west but only 4 GB of the ninth seeded Clippers.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 02-11-2018 at 05:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be worse, you could be 4th in the west es!
    Timberwolves stacked roster fully healthy

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do these 4'8 fluffers know we're 4 losses away from the 9th seeded Clippers? man I can't wait to bump some posts a month from now

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Timberwolves stacked roster fully healthy
    true Dat.. . However, the Spurs are only 4 GB of the 9th seeded Clippers with the leagues toughest schedule still to come so they're not out of the woods yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do these 4'8 fluffers know we're 4 losses away from the 9th seeded Clippers? man I can't wait to bump some posts a month from now
    So where is Minny and OKC compared to the 9th seed Clippers? Why have they not been able to catch SA with their teams being pretty much fully healthy the vast majority of the year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So where is Minny and OKC compared to the 9th seed Clippers? Why have they not been able to catch SA with their teams being pretty much fully healthy the vast majority of the year?
    Having tougher schedules. They lost to mediocre teams just like the Spurs, but they've had to play more playoff teams than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having tougher schedules. They lost to mediocre teams just like the Spurs, but they've had to play more playoff teams than the Spurs.
    Please. The difference statistically over the course of a season with SRS is usually accounted for in 2-3 wins mathematically. So when you factor in not having Kawhi??? That is a way bigger statistical impact than SRS.

Not to mention that SOS has started to even out between OKC/Minny/SA
    Last edited by DPG21920; 02-11-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup OP. How's the wife?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly enough:

In 2014-15 we were 34-23, one game worse then we are now.

In 2009-10 (worst year in duncan era) we were 33-24, two games worse then we are now.

I seriously don't know how we have the record that we have, it feels like were a lottery team. But we're not and were 3rd seed. Well see how this season plays out.

I believe well still reach 50 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. The difference statistically over the course of a season with SRS is usually accounted for in 2-3 wins mathematically. So when you factor in not having Kawhi??? That is a way bigger statistical impact than SRS.

Not to mention that SOS has started to even out between OKC/Minny/SA
    I agree that if Kawhi comes back relatively soon the Spurs will be fine in the standings (don't think they beat OKC in a series), but without Kawhi I'm not sure how you can argue for the Spurs staying at the three seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly enough:

In 2014-15 we were 34-23, one game worse then we are now.

In 2009-10 (worst year in duncan era) we were 33-24, two games worse then we are now.

I seriously don't know how we have the record that we have, it feels like were a lottery team. But we're not and were 3rd seed. Well see how this season plays out.

I believe well still reach 50 wins.
    I believe the spurs can play .500 ball for the rest of the year but to get to 50 they will have to have at least a 5-6 game win streak which is something I'm not sure if this team is capable of doing right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that if Kawhi comes back relatively soon the Spurs will be fine in the standings (don't think they beat OKC in a series), but without Kawhi I'm not sure how you can argue for the Spurs staying at the three seed.
    I’m not arguing that. I’m arguing how people can drool over OKC and the Wolves and knock the Spurs using silly things like SOS when OKC/Minny have been fully healthy and can’t catch SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not arguing that. I’m arguing how people can drool over OKC and the Wolves and knock the Spurs using silly things like SOS when OKC/Minny have been fully healthy and can’t catch SA.
    To be fair, they had to integrate a lot of new significant pieces early on which impacted their records. Not sure what's up with them now but I really think it's likely they leapfrog the Spurs between now and the end of the season if Kawhi doesn't return. You can dismiss the schedule all you want but it's daunting as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, they had to integrate a lot of new significant pieces early on which impacted their records. Not sure what's up with them now but I really think it's likely they leapfrog the Spurs between now and the end of the season if Kawhi doesn't return. You can dismiss the schedule all you want but it's daunting as .
    Well cool. A fully healthy team for the Wolves SHOULD leapfrog SA without Kawhi. I don’t see how that is a revelation.

And I’m not dismissing schedule. I’m giving you context to what SOS means. Not only is that evening out now (not a huge difference any more in SOS between OKC/Minny/SA) but it’s been shown to have a 2-3 game impact over the course of season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather us get a lottery pick and tank. This season is over, everybody knows it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Well cool. A fully healthy team for the Wolves SHOULD leapfrog SA without Kawhi. I don’t see how that is a revelation.

And I’m not dismissing schedule. I’m giving you context to what SOS means. Not only is that evening out now (not a huge difference any more in SOS between OKC/Minny/SA) but it’s been shown to have a 2-3 game impact over the course of season.
    Posters keep mentioning Kawhi but forget that they still have all star Aldridge and Kyle Anderson on the roster. What would it say about their legacies if the Spurs somehow miss the playoffs and it's plausible given the fact that they sit just 4 games back of the 9th seeded Clippers in the loss column and they still have the NBA's toughest schedule ahead of them? They only play 5 non playoff teams the rest of the way and one of those is an April showdown against the Clippers on the road.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 02-11-2018 at 06:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather us get a lottery pick and tank. This season is over, everybody knows it.
    Too late for that. This The Lost Season - for many reasons. Question: Do you think that Pop would actually tank? Legit question. I can't make up my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posters keep mentioning Kawhi but forget that they still have all star Aldridge and Kyle Anderson on the roster. What would it say about their legacies if the Spurs somehow miss the playoffs and it's plausible given the fact that they sit just 4 games back of the Clippers in the loss column and they still have the NBA's toughest schedule ahead of them? They only play 5 non playoff teams the rest of the way and one of those is an April showdown against the Clippers on the road.
    Bruh, one all-star is not a lot. OKC has 2 and they are behind SA and closer to Clippers than SA is. Wolves added a ton of big name players and they are closer to LAC.

They SHOULD be ahead of SA and the fact that they have not yet caught them with only 25 games is not a reason to knock SA or find a way to break them down. It’s a testimony to how well they have played.

It should not last and should not be an I told you so. Everyone knows SA without Kawhi is worse than fully healthy teams in the West that are damn good teams.

Im not sure why this is is so difficult to comprehend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too late for that. This The Lost Season - for many reasons. Question: Do you think that Pop would actually tank? Legit question. I can't make up my mind.
    I wish he would - in fact, he might be doing it involuntarily by us losing all these hard games at the end of the season. We're only 7 games away from missing the playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Bruh, one all-star is not a lot. OKC has 2 and they are behind SA and closer to Clippers than SA is. Wolves added a ton of big name players and they are closer to LAC.

THOULD be ahead of SA and the fact that they have not yet caught them with only 25 games is not a reason to knock SA or find a way to break them down. It’s a testimony to how well they have played.

It should not last and should not be an I told you so. Everyone knows SA without Kawhi is worse than fully healthy teams in the West that are damn good teams.

Im not sure why this is is so difficult to comprehend
    They're only 5-4 with Kawhi and that includes embarrassing losses to Dallas and a severely depleted Detroit team. Why is it so hard to admit this team was poorly constructed and that's the real reason they're struggling? 13-4 the last two seasons without Leonard and a double digit PD. This year, every win is like pulling teeth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're only 5-4 with Kawhi and that includes embarrassing losses to Dallas and a severely depleted Detroit team. Why is it so hard to admit this team was poorly constructed and that's the real reason they're struggling? 13-4 the last two seasons without Leonard and a double digit PD. This year, every win is like pulling teeth.

They are struggling? They are 5th in the league in point differential, have led by double digits in nearly 60% of their games, have one of the best home records and are third in the West.

Thread Information