Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Raptors are a good team. They might also get swept by LBJ. Both can be true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs / Celtics
    Rockets / Golden gots

Cavs over Golden gots in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EC: Cavs over Raptors in 7.
    WC: Warriors over Rockets in 6.

Finals: Warriors over Cavs in 5.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Aight, there should be rules to this thread. Any that picks Toronto to even make it to the conference finals has lost all said credibility.
    You really think Boston's better than Toronto? If you do then you have no credibility. Besides, the Raptors have a good shot at getting the number one seed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is Rocketsfan dismissing the Raptors? the irony, tbh..

I keep seeing Rockets fans all over Twitter and RealGm talking about their team like they're the Warriors..didn't the Rockets just lose to a Kawhi-less Spurs in the playoffs? Isn't Harden the same superstar that got embarrassed by Danny Green in OT of game 5 and completely destroyed by 9th man Jonathon Simmons in a game 6 at home?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I keep seeing Rockets fans all over Twitter and RealGm talking about their team like they're the Warriors..didn't the Rockets just lose to a Kawhi-less Spurs in the playoffs? Isn't Harden the same superstar that got embarrassed by Danny Green in OT of game 5 and completely destroyed by 9th man Jonathon Simmons in a game 6 at home?
    Don't forget being shut down in the clutch by a balding, 40 year old Argentinean man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Cavs management can continue the Purge by taking another step and get rid of JR Smith I up their chances a few more % points.

Seems like he and other Cavs (Kardashian) added to the slacker at ude both on and off the court.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Cavs management can continue the Purge by taking another step and get rid of JR Smith I up their chances a few more % points.

Seems like he and other Cavs (Kardashian) added to the slacker at ude both on and off the court.
    son I see you cavs in the ecf so you must be some kind of casual fan tbh. Jr and kardashian are both plus players in the playoffs .. role players with the ability to take over the game are extremely rare. They'll also be rested. Koby know what he's doing tbh ... as always

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You really think Boston's better than Toronto? If you do then you have no credibility. Besides, the Raptors have a good shot at getting the number one seed.
    i debated bsck and forth but gave eddge to Boston based on coaching (Toronto is good but Stevens is a top 2-3 coach)
    And a proven closer and clutch shot maker in Kyrie

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i debated bsck and forth but gave eddge to Boston based on coaching (Toronto is good but Stevens is a top 2-3 coach)
    And a proven closer and clutch shot maker in Kyrie
    son I disagree. stevens is indeed a GREAT coach but:
    - you shut kylie down you shut down their offense. isoball doesn't work in the playoffs unless you are lebron/kd or you have MASSIVE spacing on offense (celtics don't). Kyrie thinks he has lebron level offense but he doesn't, he is just a short chucker .. he has even regressed from last year statistically, that should tell you all you need to know.
    - celtics are too young .. smh 2 rookies playing key start roles is just asking for trouble in the playoffs.
    - can't out-rebound bigger teams. Al horford is a weak big man for a contender. Greg Monroe can't play in the playoffs without being abused per possession. The cavs and raptors are gonna be in key all game long.
    - no rim protection whatsoever.
    - who is guarding the big time scorers? Lebron? Defrozen?
    - they just got demolished on home court by lebron + random quality role players with 2 days of team chemistry .. that just doesn't happen.
    - they have ZERO leadership on the floor.
    - they're what 18-12? since that hot start. Teams figured out that if they harass kyrie that offense is dead.
    - they're playing defense now but in the playoffs others that are right now slacking will play too.

son that's WAY too many holes for the ECF.

EDIT: any of raptors, bucks, washington, detroit will give them trouble. We're talking having trouble in round 1. even the nets with old ass dwight would give them a good run.
    Last edited by dfens; 02-13-2018 at 03:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i mean at some point Hayward's injury was going to catch up to them, as he would have been the guy taking a lot of pressure off of Kyrie

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yeah i mean at some point Hayward's injury was going to catch up to them, as he would have been the guy taking a lot of pressure off of Kyrie
    even with hayward they are suspect imo. still doesn't solve rebounding/rim protection/leadership/inexperience issues... lotta holes tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even with hayward they are suspect imo. still doesn't solve rebounding/rim protection/leadership/inexperience issues... lotta holes tbh.
    they dont play a twin towers defense bent on clogging the paint. they follow the lebron-era heat model of defense. lineup of athletic players who can swarm the ball and switch most matchups. miami had an elite defense with chris bosh as their only big, primarily due to his mobility and pick and roll defense, not because of his rim protection

hayward would fit into that mold as well. he's not a great defender. he's decent, but he's versatile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs over Warriors in 4
    Cavs over Celtics in 7

Spurs over Cavs in 4

SPAM

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And don't forget: CP0 is the same "superstar" who just quit in a home Game 7 against an injured Jazz team.

Frauden and CP0 are DeRozan/Lowry West.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    they dont play a twin towers defense bent on clogging the paint. they follow the lebron-era heat model of defense. lineup of athletic players who can swarm the ball and switch most matchups. miami had an elite defense with chris bosh as their only big, primarily due to his mobility and pick and roll defense, not because of his rim protection

hayward would fit into that mold as well. he's not a great defender. he's decent, but he's versatile.
    son indiana was busting them inside something fierce... roy ing hibbert got a max contract because he ed all over bosh inside. They were also ULTRA athletic with peak lebron (switch 1-5), peak bosh (switch 2-5), prime wade (switch 1-3), birdman .. That elite defense was exposed by bigs and post play, and they had some of the GOAT pieces to play that style. Boston lacks the athleticism, skill, discipline, experience, talent, length, and strength to do that. lebron right now is a better rebounder and rim protector than anything boston has...

also lol @bosh lacking rim protection, he was excellent, mobile and also positionally .. a level of defensive iq untouched by anybody but stevens in boston.
    you don;t need twin towers to beat boston, you need a couple of good rebounders and all that defensive work they do on the wing is nil because they can't control the glass.

come on son this is 101 basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son indiana was busting them inside something fierce... roy ing hibbert got a max contract because he ed all over bosh inside. They were also ULTRA athletic with peak lebron (switch 1-5), peak bosh (switch 2-5), prime wade (switch 1-3), birdman .. That elite defense was exposed by bigs and post play, and they had some of the GOAT pieces to play that style. Boston lacks the athleticism, skill, discipline, experience, talent, length, and strength to do that. lebron right now is a better rebounder and rim protector than anything boston has...

also lol @bosh lacking rim protection, he was excellent, mobile and also positionally .. a level of defensive iq untouched by anybody but stevens in boston.
    you don;t need twin towers to beat boston, you need a couple of good rebounders and all that defensive work they do on the wing is nil because they can't control the glass.

come on son this is 101 basketball.
    and indiana never beat them in a playoff series.

boston has the #1 defense in the NBA right now tbh... and they're the #1 defensive rebounding team in the nba (per 100 possessions)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    and indiana never beat them in a playoff series.

boston has the #1 defense in the NBA right now tbh... and they're the #1 defensive rebounding team in the nba (per 100 possessions)
    miami struggled with OVERWHELMING talent superiority just because they were undersized. they won DESPITE being majorly beaten inside.

and lol @your argument with boston #1 rebounding per possession. can't rebound an offensive rebounded putback and it doesn't show up in that stat. Also #1 defense per possession doesn't really tell the story of s playing volleyball inside with their tiny fragile bigs .. smh, looking at stats and not even being able to read them son ffs all you have these days in this chucker league is to defend the 3 and voila you're #1 in defense and defensive rebounding, just like golden state the past few years. And just like golden state these stats don't translate in the playoffs where tristan thompson was getting 5 ing orpg on their ass.

also these #1 rebounding and # defense don't tell you the lack of rim protection which against lebron/derzoan/wall/griffin will be dearly felt. a traditional #1 defense won't fold like they did vs a random team like the cavs or slump like they do, it would get them consistent stops to create fastbreak points (with their good atheltes) but where are these.. boston is #25th in that.

smh y'all boys really just watch stats and don't know about basketball if you think these bums have any hope.

y'all s need to stop box score watching tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and lol @your argument with boston #1 rebounding per possession. can't rebound an offensive rebounded putback and it doesn't show up in that stat.
    of course it shows up, dip . thats a possession where they didn't get a rebound. hence rebounds per possession

son you're just understandably upset because you've been on this rant regarding boston's paint presence and defensive rebounding only to be shown they're an elite defensive rebounding team

if you spent a quarter of the time you do trying to come up with troll material on looking up basic statistics. you wouldn't have your foot in your mouth right now. as you can see on page 1 of this thread, i dont think they're beating cleveland. but not because i'm on some crusade against their imaginary defensive rebounding deficiency. in cleveland's win against boston the other day, the celtics outrebounded them and only gave up 5 offensive boards . just stop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its also amusing hearing you jerking off chris bosh's and birdman's paint presence and rim protection while simultaneously ting on miami's defensive paint presence

to borrow a phrase DMC likes to use, you don't know whether to or go blind

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

They might get home court for the playoffs

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Celtics win a lot of regular season games simply because of coaching, tbh.. Stevens > Pop

Having said that, it takes talent to win in the playoffs & Boston doesn't have enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Spurs Spurs and San Antonio

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No hate, I just don't trust CP0. OKC is also starting to look dangerous.
    Six games over .500.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yes I do.

Thread Information