Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this certainly sucks. Holt's not worth nearly what the team is so you gotta think a sale is inevitable. Damn as much as I loved Angelo Drossos, Peter Holt is the greatest owner this team has ever had.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Seattle will like the Spurs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It would have to be the deal of the century for the Spurs to leave in the next 15 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Spurs are having a mediocre season, but that seems a little harsh Julianna.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are now worth $1.6 Billion wtf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old news. I wrote about this a year ago. I was even called something. It was obvious when Peter was with some young blonde in NY when the Knicks were hosting the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this certainly sucks. Holt's not worth nearly what the team is so you gotta think a sale is inevitable. Damn as much as I loved Angelo Drossos, Peter Holt is the greatest owner this team has ever had.
    Peter was never really the owner. He wasn’t/isn’t the one with the money. She is. The Spurs won’t be sold. He hasn’t been involved with the Spurs for some time now. Remember like a year ago or so there was an announcement that he wouldn’t be so much involved with the organization anymore? I think the Express also wrote something. I’ll try to find it later.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have to be the deal of the century for the Spurs to leave in the next 15 years.
    How so? The Spurs are losing money yearly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is false. The only team to lose money was CLE. Every other team not only turned a profit but grew the value of their franchise. Been that way for a while now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Except they aren't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team isn’t gonna be sold. Peter wasn’t really the “owner.” His ex is the one with the money. Always has been.
    Last edited by MoSpur02; 02-12-2018 at 07:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is false. The only team to lose money was CLE. Every other team not only turned a profit but grew the value of their franchise. Been that way for a while now.
    14 teams lost money last year...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/19/1...ts-why-matters

But, it is more complicated than that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs did technically lose money after revenue sharing...

As reported, the teams that were listed as being in the red are: Atlanta, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, and Washington.

The league’s revenue sharing model is complicated, based on teams coming ahead or behind revenue expectations. After revenue sharing, seven teams still reported an operating loss, while two more were added due to their contributions to the revenue share: the Cavaliers and the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job exposing this troll. It seems like most of these trolls have only 2 shticks which is "Kawhi will leave and I hope he does leave. RC and Pop." and the second one is "The Spurs are going to move to Seattle."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the Spurs did technically lose money after revenue sharing...

As reported, the teams that were listed as being in the red are: Atlanta, Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, and Washington.

The league’s revenue sharing model is complicated, based on teams coming ahead or behind revenue expectations. After revenue sharing, seven teams still reported an operating loss, while two more were added due to their contributions to the revenue share: the Cavaliers and the Spurs.
    From those I have seen, the Forbes valuations are the ones that are widely accepted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Forbes valuations reflect what we already know:

If the Lakers can make money even in the worst cir stances, then penalties like the luxury tax shouldn’t hurt them. The luxury tax is supposed to prevent teams from spending over the cap to acquire talent, but Los Angeles can do that much more freely than a team like Memphis or New Orleans.

There’s already an inherent advantage to be a large market team, especially in extremely marketable cities like Los Angeles or New York. If market size remains the biggest factor in a team’s profitability — not team success or smart business decisions — then small market teams will constantly remain handicapped in attempts to add talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Holts, one or the other, have been the Managing partner of the consortium that own the Spurs. That could change, even if there is no sale. Say they own 35%, the largest share. Post divorce, they would each own 17.5%. If some owned 20%, they would become the managing partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From those I have seen, the Forbes valuations are the ones that are widely accepted.
    Well, they're two different things. You have certain value, whether you make money or not. Assets, outlook, etc.

They technically lost money last year, but the outlook for owning an NBA franchise is still good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team relocating is so rare I have no idea why people would legitimately be worried about this if anything someone else may buy the majority stake in the spurs. But I doubt the spurs will be leaving SA any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Franchises moving cities and changing names is easily the worst thing about US sports. If you tried that on soccer teams down here, would go down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team relocating is so rare I have no idea why people would legitimately be worried about this if anything someone else may buy the majority stake in the spurs. But I doubt the spurs will be leaving SA any time soon.
    If the Spurs relocated it would be a huge black eye for league and pretty demoralizing for all small market teams. A small market team that has won 5 championships in 20 years with a lot of history suddenly moves would send a message that no matter how much you win there is no way you can be a successful franchise in a small market. It would have terrible repercussions for the league. I have a hard time believing the league would allow the Spurs to move from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information