Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are only 4 games away from the 8th seed and tough schedule ahead. Would it be a blessing to get a lottery pick? If Kawhi truly isn't happy we could also trade him for another lottery pick or player and start the rebuilding process? I don't want to lose Kawhi but the Stars could be lining up for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring a Manu injury (not unlikely), we'll make the playoffs, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't missing the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Trust me, there are no players outside of the top 5-10 you could build your team around in this year's draft. And that's being generous bc it looks like a really good draft...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it'll be something new, something less gut wrenching than a loss to a gimmick de Antoni team, either warriors sweep, or gritty loss to a 6-8 seed on the first round who comes in hot. I could root for another team. I think we got our chance last year and I don't see anything that would make me interested in seeing the same team as last year try again.

That said, it'd be sweet if Kawhi came back and willed us to victory, but he may just not be that guy

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't missing the playoffs

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i would be... if the spurs had traded la. i was for blowing it up in preparation for next year.

been having doubts kawhi even plays again this season... 26 games left... the spurs are really gonna put an nba playoffs workload on someone who has been out for so long? would they risk him getting reinjured vs having him healthy to start next season?

POs don't start until april so there's time. but is it wishful thinking to just assume he will come back this season? he's out indefinitely...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Even if it's worse for them in the long run. Still want to see them get in. Never know what's going to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Even if it's worse for them in the long run. Still want to see them get in. Never know what's going to happen.
    I wouldn't want to miss the playoffs if Kawhi is close to 100% and healthy going into them, but if he's not, or if he's not playing, what's the point? Wouldn't you rather a higher pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missing the playoffs usually isn't a one-year thing (1997 season aside).

It usually becomes a trend -- just ask the Lakers.

Tanking when you're already out of the playoffs is one thing. But missing the playoffs is never a good thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to miss the playoffs if Kawhi is close to 100% and healthy going into them, but if he's not, or if he's not playing, what's the point? Wouldn't you rather a higher pick?
    I don't know. Maybe. It's just hard for me to want them to miss the playoffs. Regardless of the fact that they might get routed and that in the long term, they'd get a better pick.

I suppose that if Leonard was out, I'd be ambivalent about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Leonard is not even going to play down the stretch or in the playoffs, yes I would be fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would be... if the spurs had traded la. i was for blowing it up in preparation for next year.

been having doubts kawhi even plays again this season... 26 games left... the spurs are really gonna put an nba playoffs workload on someone who has been out for so long? would they risk him getting reinjured vs having him healthy to start next season?

POs don't start until april so there's time. but is it wishful thinking to just assume he will come back this season? he's out indefinitely...
    I share this sentiment... There's time, but at the same time it is getting late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 teams will play playoffs this year as i know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be pissed. Not at the team; they’ve been fighting hard. Making the po is a big deal. Especially without kawhi. 8th seed would be money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the 15 pick we got a guy to develop in Leonard, imagine with a better pick, if Kawhi can not go back 100% this season I would really like that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the 15 pick we got a guy to develop in Leonard, imagine with a better pick, if Kawhi can not go back 100% this season I would really like that
    PATFO is more likely to pick the next Valenciunas than the next Kawhi.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes...would rather have the pick than get swept in the first round...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO is more likely to pick the next Valenciunas than the next Kawhi.
    If memory serves, the Spurs have only had four top 15 picks in the last 30 years -- David Robinson, Sean Eliot, Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard.

Edit -- actually five, add Willie Anderson in 1988.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If memory serves, the Spurs have only had four top 15 picks in the last 30 years -- David Robinson, Sean Eliot, Tim Duncan and Kawhi Leonard.

Edit -- actually five, add Willie Anderson in 1988.
    If only Willie could stay away from the strip clubs and cocaine. He could have had a great career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way in . You have to realize that there are better teams and they cannot win it every year. I want my team to be consistent, with the threat of being there every year. And that's what they do. There is massive change going on right now and they still win. Most organizations give up way too much to try and win now now now and pay the price. If the youth matures and we get another piece I'll take another 10 years with 3-4 les.

All this talk of Klay leaving GSW makes me go wtf? Why would you ever want that if you truly love winning? That team is set for years. And it will be tough to beat them. Teams like Houston and OKC have a short window right now and took some gambles on older vets. Maybe it pays off we will see. But if they don't win this year, odds are it's not happening next year. While Houston is good time will tell....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be happy or pissed.

I'd be happy in the offseason though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know what to do in town in May.

Thread Information