Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see him filling Manu's role off the bench in a few years. Play creator and clutch.

He strikes me as someone whos gonna be clutch

I could see a lineup like Danny Green - Beli/Leonard - Slowmo- Diaw/Duncan/Leonard - Splitter having insane defense and good offense

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid 4/10 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should start my "Can kyle anderson replace tony parker?" thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, people can't wait until they see him actually play a regular season game before they start making threads like this? It wasn't long ago when De Culo was drafted and was being called the next Manu and looked how terrible he turned out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think anyone will ever fully replace Manu tbh. A player of his caliber coming off the bench is practically unheard of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but if there was an "Anti-Manu," KA could easily replace that guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a unique player. Bill Simmons once said there will be 100 Dwayne Wades before there's another Manu.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, people can't wait until they see him actually play a regular season game before they start making threads like this? It wasn't long ago when De Culo was drafted and was being called the next Manu and looked how terrible he turned out to be.
    I think those observations faded soon after Nando hit that pre-season game winner. Comparing a guy who fell to 30 to a guy who was picked 53rd and didn't play his first NBA game until two years later is a bit lame, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Marco Belinelli was the manu replacement.... woops.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is irreplaceable IMHO.
    ONE OF A KIND

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, Anderson won't last more than two years on the Spurs roster. Dude is a scrub.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, Anderson won't last more than two years on the Spurs roster. Dude is a scrub.
    That's par for the course with #30 picks. At least he'll probably have a better career than that guy the Thunder drafted to be cheap. Just be glad you're not an OKC fan with two years left until the franchise implodes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a unique player. Bill Simmons once said there will be 100 Dwayne Wades before there's another Manu.
    What does that even mean? I never liked BS or his opinion and now like him less. Manu rules but Wades bad ass too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think those observations faded soon after Nando hit that pre-season game winner. Comparing a guy who fell to 30 to a guy who was picked 53rd and didn't play his first NBA game until two years later is a bit lame, tbh.
    No comparing a guy who "fell" to 30 and hasn't proven a damn thing to a future HOF is a bit lame, tbh. Anderson hasn't proven anymore than de culo has, that's for sure and they're both slow-footed dude's who happen to be good passers. Of course I hope Anderson proves to be legit but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 08-19-2014 at 01:22 AM.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that even mean? I never liked BS or his opinion and now like him less. Manu rules but Wades bad ass too.
    It means Wade's skillset is nothing special, he's the prototypical shooting guard, just with a lot more talent than average. Manu's skillset is unique, nobody can replicate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see him filling Manu's role off the bench in a few years. Play creator and clutch.

He strikes me as someone whos gonna be clutch

I could see a lineup like Danny Green - Beli/Leonard - Slowmo- Diaw/Duncan/Leonard - Splitter having insane defense and good offense
    No.
    I can't even begin to think of a player than can replace Manu and the uniqueness he brings. To say that it is replaceable is insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

here's a good video that has a lot of highlights from Manu when he was in his prime. I know OP is trolling, but I do think a big portion of ST tends to forget just how ing good he was. Those drives into the lane against the Pistons...............

We give TD a lot of credit for adjusting his body and game to the times, as he deserves. I don't think Manu gets enough credit for his adjustments though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think OP meant harm but no. I do hope that these are one of those threads that will get bumped a few years from now when KA does something special for the Spurs you know maybe the 7th championship or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's wait to see the guy play some actual NBA basketball before we start asking these questions, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is this thread controversial? It's just a fact that someone will have to replace Manu in a couple of years. Tim and Tony as well. It's completely valid to wonder whether Anderson can fill Manu's role well enough for the Spurs' bench to remain elite.

Now, on topic, I don't know if Anderson can handle the speed of the pro game yet. I also am not sure if he can play the two effectively, and that's the position that would make the most sense for him to play from a lineup standpoint. Until he has more time under his belt, he can't be projected for anything meaningful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then James Harden appeared

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is this thread controversial? It's just a fact that someone will have to replace Manu in a couple of years. Tim and Tony as well. It's completely valid to wonder whether Anderson can fill Manu's role well enough for the Spurs' bench to remain elite.

Now, on topic, I don't know if Anderson can handle the speed of the pro game yet. I also am not sure if he can play the two effectively, and that's the position that would make the most sense for him to play from a lineup standpoint. Until he has more time under his belt, he can't be projected for anything meaningful.

I don't envision him as a 2, more a 3 but filling the same role as Manu just as a 3.

Thread Information