Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On what do you base to say such egocentric , tbh?
    It's b/c they teach us manifest destiny when we are kids. It's ingrained. But I've been to Argentina. They also think they have the best country. In Paraguay they joke that a great way to make money is to buy an Argentine for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. You could say the same for the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHat CP3 debacle? The contracts definitely look like , but good luck ting on him as a coach. IDGAF about the reported tension with Kawhi, but if you're going to on him for that you better give him a load of praise for fixing the LMA situation.

My point is that you're not giving him credit for , but going to far as to on him for you don't even know is true.
    Reports at the time of the trade were that CP3 to the Rockets was a forgone conclusion and that the Spurs never had a chance of getting him. Doesn't sound like PATFO did their diligence and we got Pau's awful contract as a result.

Your question was: is Pop doing a good job. Giving out those contracts is part of his job. As is managing the relationship with his A#1 player. I don't know why you don't give a about reported tension with Kawhi - that's the one player who you can't afford to lose.

I'm happy to give him credit for things he's done well, i.e., LMA. But to me that's far outweighed by the ups. My point is that you're giving way too much credit to meaningless records like 50 wins and seeing the writing on the wall. He's been at the helm for 20+ years. It's only natural that he'd eventually fall off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's b/c they teach us manifest destiny when we are kids. It's ingrained. But I've been to Argentina. They also think they have the best country. In Paraguay they joke that a great way to make money is to buy an Argentine for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. You could say the same for the U.S.
    Funny thing is that those same re s that think Argentina is the best country in the World are the same idiots that say Argentina is a ty country when they are mad. They are just that: re s that think that a thing such as "the best country in the World" exists.

At least, down here that isn't ins utionalized as it is in the US. Folks on TV and movies just sput that thing around: "we are the best country in the World" like it wasn't a ing moronic thing to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, racist is a charged word. I don't know what it even means anymore. The US is the most diverse country in the world. Because there are people from everywhere in the world, it stands to reason that there would be and will always be some level of racism. I used to live in Dallas and the city, which I think is unintentional, appeared to be split into different sections depending on the language you spoke. There was a part where mostly people from India lived; a part where different divisions of Asian people lived; a place where African Americans lived; a place where WASPs lived; and a place where Hispanics lived. No one divided up the town; it's just that people went where they were comfortable, and race plays a big part of where you feel comfortable.

People come here with their own biases and develop new biases. The idea that someday that won't exist on some level is a fool's paradise. But we mostly get along despite the racial biases we all have here. I get Pop's need to call attention to improve those relations, but he should also acknowledge the great amount of assimulation that happens here as well. Seems like he's just an old man that just wants to complain.
    Racism or racist agendas usually are depicted in policies/laws; prejudices are personal in my opinion. I’m ok with those individuals that have different opinions from me ( gives me a chance to grow and be a better person ) but those who incite division & hate are purveyors of discord. Put yourself in another persons shoes...... easy to sit on the sideline. Not one Oncology patient I was privileged to help treat could remotely care on this trivial stuff while fighting for their life! Don’t let real life have to happen before you check yourself. Health and Time has a way humbling all!
    Last edited by Atl Spur; 02-13-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is that those same re s that think Argentina is the best country in the World are the same idiots that say Argentina is a ty country when they are mad. They are just that: re s that think that a thing such as "the best country in the World" exists.

At least, down here that isn't ins utionalized as it is in the US. Folks on TV and movies just sput that thing around: "we are the best country in the World" like it wasn't a ing moronic thing to say.
    What's interesting is that the people who immigrate here from other countries often adopt the "America is the best country in the world" mantra too. Not all, but most do. My dad is a legal immigrant and has been here for some 45+ years and he'll tell you that America is the greatest country in the world, though he loves his country of origin too. But at the end of the day, it's all opinion and based on patriotism. The people that you call morons are mostly keenly aware that while they think America is the greatest country in the world, they recognize that others don't feel the same way. The idea that everyone walks around here talking about how great our country is...is really a stereotype from the rest of the world. Most people extolling how great the country is change their opinions depending on what political party is in the White House. And that's true for both Republicans and Democrats.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he hired Becky to prove he's not sexist. He's got all his bases covered.
    She's been sitting behind the bench for 2 years. Doesn't even get to come on the court and participate in any of the discussions. Basically a cheerleader. If anything, it's more a slap in the face instead of having a base covered. Liberal media won't touch it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On what do you base to say such egocentric , tbh?
    There is a lot to base it off of. USA being the greatest does not make other countries bad. There are many things that other countries do that are better than what USA does.

However, there is a reason why you see not only Americans with this mindset, but why so many people around the world work so hard to get to America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's interesting is that the people who immigrate here from other countries often adopt the "America is the best country in the world" mantra too. Not all, but most do. My dad is a legal immigrant and has been here for some 45+ years and he'll tell you that America is the greatest country in the world, though he loves his country of origin too. But at the end of the day, it's all opinion and based on patriotism. The people that you call morons are mostly keenly aware that while they think America is the greatest country in the world, they recognize that others don't feel the same way. the idea that everyone walks around here talking about how great our country is...is really a stereotype from the rest of the world. Most people extolling how great the country is change their opinions depending on what political party is in the White House. And that's true for both Republicans and Democrats.
    Maybe, but you have to recognise that this about being "the greatest country in the World" is a lot more evidente on the US than in any other place. You won't ever hear acamedic people like journalists or politicians say that so freely on TV, like it happens in the US, without being laughed at.

Even artists and journalists that I respect a lot have said that at least one time on their lives and you can't help but cringe when you hear it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [/b]There is a lot to base it off of.[/b] USA being the greatest does not make other countries bad. There are many things that other countries do that are better than what USA does.

However, there is a reason why you see not only Americans with this mindset, but why so many people around the world work so hard to get to America.
    Such as?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should get coach of the year consideration for his work this season. So much adversity, moving parts all year, having the courage to speak out against the most powerful man on the planet... it's all incredible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but you have to recognise that this about being "the greatest country in the World" is a lot more evidente on the US than in any other place. You won't ever hear acamedic people like journalists or politicians say that so freely on TV, like it happens in the US, without being laughed at.

Even artists and journalists that I respect a lot have said that at least one time on their lives and you can't help but cringe when you hear it.
    Eh, I don't begrudge people's patriotism. It never bothers me, I guess, whether it comes from America or elsewhere. I'm more annoyed by people that always rip on the countries of others. I don't get it. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in South America, and particularly Paraguay, the poorest or 2nd poorest country in S.A. But they love their country and I'm all for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean saying that the greatest is actually some small European country that u can only enter if you're rich wouldn't go well on TV tbh. ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are those that want to normalize racism and those that suddenly feel emboldened by seeing this. Strangely this is what it will take to energize people to stand up against this backward behavior. I agree with Pop, as usual. A good and decent man.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should get coach of the year consideration for his work this season. So much adversity, moving parts all year, having the courage to speak out against the most powerful man on the planet... it's all incredible.
    Suck it easy clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Timmy gone, I can’t wait for poop to retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when is standing up to your opponent when they're clowning you on the court "celebrating their hood mentality". Simmons and Dedmon were both banished last playoffs when they stood up to the Rockets being es in a blowout. You could see it coming as soon as it happened.

Same thing for Buckets. Guy is upset about having to sit behind others not performing, so off he goes while scrubs like Mills get $50 million because they keep their mouths shut and suck up to Pop.
    I agree with everything in your response. I was simply stating (from your prior post) it has nothing to do with being from ghetto. Pop is making a political statement about racism in America- he should be making a statement about why Kawhi is being a about playing thru thigh pain.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with everything in your response. I was simply stating (from your prior post) it has nothing to do with being from ghetto. Pop is making a political statement about racism in America- he should be making a statement about why Kawhi is being a about playing thru thigh pain.
    Yep. Deflection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is a great country - picturesque (outside a lot of the cities), the people are generally very friendly (despite the rhetoric), music, sport, the arts, etc, but with a terrible society IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see ppl from Spain, France, Norway, Singapore, Canada, etc clamoring to get the the US... They are good where they're at... Matter of fact, all those countries rank higher on the happiness index... Have better Healthcare, etc... This America is the greatest country stuff is propaganda so the masses don't ask for change from the status quo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are those that want to normalize racism and those that suddenly feel emboldened by seeing this. Strangely this is what it will take to energize people to stand up against this backward behavior. I agree with Pop, as usual. A good and decent man.
    Pop needs to be worrying about figuring out Kawhi / LMA. 3 years in and it still looks like day one.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. We have the best missiles
    2. not sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Big guns
    2. Overpopulation of fake ties.
    3. Not a monarchy.
    4. Not a theocracy.
    5. All of the above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Big guns
    2. Overpopulation of fake ties.
    3. Not a monarchy.
    4. Not a theocracy.
    5. All of the above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has lost the plot, full stop.
    Like anyone cares what a ing basketball coach thinks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has lost the plot, full stop.
    Like anyone cares what a ing basketball coach thinks.
    This. As someone with money, no responsibility, or stress, its pretty easy to be smug and point out the ills of the minority of the country

Thread Information