AD got hands compared to TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same guy that deserved more playing time than Manu and Kawhi iirc

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    No doubt Spurs will try pretty hard to get Anthony Davis if when an oppurtunity presents itself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His game is different than Duncan's game. He's more like David Robinson.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see too many similarities. Tim's leadership is almost criminally underrated, the media never covered that angle because he was so reserved around them but Tim was a fantastic teammate. Kawhi doesn't seem to fit this bill nearly as well, he is very reserved around not just the media but his teammates/coaches as well.

I will admit to not knowing much about AD's leadership skills but his complete lack of success in the playoffs doesn't speak well. Even though his coaches aren't anywhere close to Pop's level, AD should have still at least dragged the organization to the second round if he was anywhere near Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To much weed is making this clown an embarrasment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he think he is important to society his thoughts matter like james

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see too many similarities. Tim's leadership is almost criminally underrated, the media never covered that angle because he was so reserved around them but Tim was a fantastic teammate. Kawhi doesn't seem to fit this bill nearly as well, he is very reserved around not just the media but his teammates/coaches as well.

I will admit to not knowing much about AD's leadership skills but his complete lack of success in the playoffs doesn't speak well. Even though his coaches aren't anywhere close to Pop's level, AD should have still at least dragged the organization to the second round if he was anywhere near Duncan.
    Another thing the media criminally underrates about Tim is his physicality. A lot of people forget that Tim was a very physical player when he entered the league. He was a traditional big that liked to play back to the basket and could literally push guys underneath the basket and score at will. Tim was more than willing to battle inside the paint and take a lot of hits. I remember once hearing a story from Barkley in which he stated during Duncan's rookie year that he thought Tim was soft and he could physically push him around. As Barkley recounted in his first game against Tim he tried to post him up and couldn't do it and was shocked at how strong Tim was.

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing the media criminally underrates about Tim is his physicality. A lot of people forget that Tim was a very physical player when he entered the league. He was a traditional big that liked to play back to the basket and could literally push guys underneath the basket and score at will. Tim was more than willing to battle inside the paint and take a lot of hits. I remember once hearing a story from Barkley in which he stated during Duncan's rookie year that he thought Tim was soft and he could physically push him around. As Barkley recounted in his first game against Tim he tried to post him up and couldn't do it and was shocked at how strong Tim was.

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the
    defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.
    +1

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    sjax with the bads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stak5's word is golden on this site so i expect everyone to agree with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To much weed is making this clown an embarrasment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis IS more athletic than Tim Duncan...

right now

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A much better comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tier David Robinson who has never improved.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree also would say physically a weaker David Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more like David Robinson. People underrate Duncan's compe ive drive to win. I'm not sure Davis has it, but we'll see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's more like David Robinson. People underrate Duncan's compe ive drive to win. I'm not sure Davis has it, but we'll see.
    I agree Duncan is the only player in the top 10 that gets a lot of disrespect legacy wise. You have idiots on other forums that claim he was only a winner because he had Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a slap in the face to the great Tim Duncan. Unibrow doesn't really compare to anyone - he's a freak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can tell he wasn’t talking about leadership. But first of all if you’ve followed basketball in general you’d know that the pelicans have had like the worse injury history the whole time he has been there. They have had to put G level talent on the court plenty of times just to fill the roster spots. He hasn’t played with anyone. And when they did make it they played the Warriors and challenged them pretty well with bad talent even though they got swept.

Im not saying he is as great as Duncan but damn no one ever wants to give anyone any credit. And why does everyone think you can just will bums to playoff wins? Jordan couldn’t even do that. So especially someone young who plays with terrible players can’t do it. Them being 5 seed after losing Cousins is showing at least something because I fully expected them to drop out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D robinson was multiple times better than davis. Its not even close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he make the ASG as a rookie? Did he win ROY? Did he win 2 les, 2 league MVPs and 2 finals MVPs by age 26? 3 les by 28? 4 les by 30?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D robinson was multiple times better than davis. Its not even close
    There’s no such thing. I hate when people say. “He’s way better” or “He’s 10x as good” or some stupid like that. You know why? Because that would make that person a super human that doesn’t exist.

Multiple times better than the worse NBA player is super human too. And idc if it’s considered hyperbole. It just doesn’t make sense.

Thread Information