Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many open 3s with the game on the line does Mills need to miss for the front office to realize he's a scrub.

He's been doing this for years and the dumb re s resigned him.

I'm ing sick of this scrub being in the game during crunch time, getting an open three and clanging it.

Worst ing mistake the front office has ever made.

Dejounte gets an open 3 and drills it, even though he isn't a great shooter he still made it. Props to Dejounte.

Mills. ing worthless scrub. You never, ever sign a scrub for leadership.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many open 3s with the game on the line does Mills need to miss for the front office to realize he's a scrub.

I'm ing sick of this scrub being in the game during crunch time, getting an open three and clanging it.

Dejounte gets an open 3 and drills it, even though he isn't a great shooter he still made it. Props to Dejounte.

Murray is worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He leads the team in minutes (35 mpg) over the last 3 games.

I really think Spurs are playing the long game and trying to increase his value as much as possible heading into the summer. No other reason I can think of to justify the minutes he's getting.

37 minutes tonight? What in the ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills was doing this before Murray was even on the team. 2014, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life in the OKC series. He had a few good games in the finals after the Spurs built big leads, but apart from that, his shooting was putrid in the 2014 playoffs. 2016, again against OKC he clanged open shots, one with the game on the line was an airball, which if he had hit, could have changed the series. 2017, again, he went ice cold down the stretch of game 1 after Kawhi went out missing critical shots that could have at least won us game 1.

Why did the front office decide to play and then pay this clown is beyond me. Leadership doesn't cost that much, especially if you're a scrub. You don't ever pay that much for leadership from a scrub.

The Spurs needed to win these three home games as they've got three in a row on the road that look like certain losses (@ Goldenstate, @ OKC, @ Houston).

This game is the one where the season and playoffs could be lost. Absolutely pathetic for Pop to also get himself ejected. Pop and Mills should just leave together.

Bottom line, Mills shouldn't be out there with the game on the line anymore. He's a huge liability on defense and he's also become a pretty big liability on offense.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-28-2018 at 11:27 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What pisses me off is you can see him tensing up on these high pressure shots. Just relax and do your ing stroke and let come what may. He's doing the shooting equivalent of playing not to lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What pisses me off is you can see him tensing up on these high pressure shots. Just relax and do your ing stroke and let come what may. He's doing the shooting equivalent of playing not to lose.
    He's a choker. Nothing you can do about that expect not play him with the game on the line.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a choker. Nothing you can do about that expect not play him with the game on the line.
    What's the alternative? Rec League Parker? No D Forbes? This ain't your slightly older brother's Spurs. They don't have an embarrassment of riches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a choker. Can't believe I defended this guy last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills was doing this before Murray was even on the team. 2014, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life in the OKC series. He had a few good games in the finals after the Spurs built big leads, but apart from that, his shooting was putrid in the 2014 playoffs. 2016, again against OKC he clanged open shots, one with the game on the line was an airball, which if he had hit, could have changed the series. 2017, again, he went ice cold down the stretch of game 1 after Kawhi went out missing critical shots that could have at least won us game 1.

Why did the front office decide to play and then pay this clown is beyond me. Leadership doesn't cost that much, especially if you're a scrub. You don't ever pay that much for leadership from a scrub.

The Spurs needed to win these three home games as they've got three in a row on the road that look like certain losses (@ Goldenstate, @ OKC, @ Houston).

This game is the one where the season and playoffs could be lost. Absolutely pathetic for Pop to also get himself ejected. Pop and Mills should just leave together.

Bottom line, Mills shouldn't be out there with the game on the line anymore. He's a huge liability on defense and he's also become a pretty big liability on offense.
    Dont disagree that mills sucks, but murray is worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont disagree that mills sucks, but murray is worse
    Murray at least has a chance to make a defensive play or grab a rebound, and as he showed tonight, can hit a high pressure open 3. Even if he didn't hit that shot, he at least showed that he's not scared.

Mills is a worthless pussy with the game on the line. Like someone else pointed out, it's like he tenses up and rushes shot at the end of games. If that is the case, then he shouldn't be anywhere near the court with the game on that line with that kind of mental makeup.

Play TP if you have to or go Danny Green, Manu and Murray. There's no need for Mills to be out there at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Play TP if you have to or go Danny Green, Manu and Murray. There's no need for Mills to be out there at all.
    TP washed up. But for the life of me I didn't understand why Green wasn't one of our five for those last few minutes (except at the very end) IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe they will - but it won't happen until 50Mills' contract is up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP washed up. But for the life of me I didn't understand why Green wasn't one of our five for those last few minutes (except at the very end) IIRC.
    That's fine if you don't want to play TP. In that case, go with Green, Manu and Murray, or Green, Manu, Gay at SF, or Green, Murray, Gay. Whatever you do, don't go with Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a choker. Can't believe I defended this guy last season.
    You defended this guy last season? I don't recall that.

I was never a Mills bandwagoner, though I understand the critcism was mostly aimed at Tony.... it didn't matter to me bc neither guy was the answer. I wanted them to move on and get someone better in FA. I am now in Murray's wagon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You defended this guy last season? I don't recall that.

I was never a Mills bandwagoner, though I understand the critcism was mostly aimed at Tony.... it didn't matter to me bc neither guy was the answer. I wanted them to move on and get someone better in FA. I am now in Murray's wagon.
    Tony was struggling early last season, and I was one of the few in favor of starting Mills over him. It wasn't until he the bed in the playoffs for a second year in a row that he finally soured on me and I didn't want him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst guards in the league

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mills shot is broke. on defense he might as well not exist bc the player he is “guarding” just acts like he is not there.

but ... he does hit free throws

(devil told me to)
    His shot has always been very streaky and hovered between 37-42%. His game has always had the warts we are seeing now with his terrible defense, terrible decisions off the dribble, how he can't create a shot for himself, ect. He looked decent because Tony has been pretty bad for a large chunk of the past 3 years.

Now that the young guys have showed more, and now that Patty has a 50 million dollar deal now -- the warts are finally exposed. The same warts that have always been there.

But hey, the Patty defenders will always point to 2014 -- when in reality he just hit shots to pad huge leads vs. the lopsided Heat series that would have been decided without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony was struggling early last season, and I was one of the few in favor of starting Mills over him. It wasn't until he the bed in the playoffs for a second year in a row that he finally soured on me and I didn't want him back.
    Got cha. I was amazed the Spurs paid him a premium to come back after he was nullified in the playoffs playing the point. He is a good bench energy player and was good in a microwave role. If you want to expand that role + minutes recipe for disaster.

In his prior deal he was ok, now he’s massively overpriced too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he is seriously horrible, cost us the game but ST posters would say the opposite because he made some points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have nights like this with Manu, Parker and LMAO(until the injury) and Gay making good shots you cant lose, except scrubs like Murray and Patty decided to clank a song.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His shot has always been very streaky and hovered between 37-42%. His game has always had the warts we are seeing now with his terrible defense, terrible decisions off the dribble, how he can't create a shot for himself, ect. He looked decent because Tony has been pretty bad for a large chunk of the past 3 years.

Now that the young guys have showed more, and now that Patty has a 50 million dollar deal now -- the warts are finally exposed. The same warts that have always been there.

But hey, the Patty defenders will always point to 2014 -- when in reality he just hit shots to pad huge leads vs. the lopsided Heat series that would have been decided without him.
    Another thing is in 2014 he hovered between 8-9th in minutes played in the playoffs. His role was small, playing off better players than himself and if he wasn’t hitting he wasn’t playing many minutes. This team relies on him a lot more and he’s playing heavier minutes with bigger ball handling roles and a bigger responsibility. Of course the team doesn’t have Kiwi but even then is that an excuse for him sucking? I don’t see how that’s an excuse for anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He leads the team in minutes (35 mpg) over the last 3 games.

I really think Spurs are playing the long game and trying to increase his value as much as possible heading into the summer. No other reason I can think of to justify the minutes he's getting.

37 minutes tonight? What in the ?
    I have no idea what’s going on. I am not as optimistic as you that they are trying to trade him in the summer... maybe I am just in a pessimistic mood but I think he’s going to be back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing is in 2014 he hovered between 8-9th in minutes played in the playoffs. His role was small, playing off better players than himself and if he wasn’t hitting he wasn’t playing many minutes. This team relies on him a lot more and he’s playing heavier minutes with bigger ball handling roles and a bigger responsibility. Of course the team doesn’t have Kiwi but even then is that an excuse for him sucking? I don’t see how that’s an excuse for anyone else.
    He only averages 3-4 PnR ball handler possessions a game. So that excuse that his poor play is because of a bigger role is bull . He's averaging nearly the same amount of minutes as he did in previous seasons and shooting the same amount of shots (7.9 attempts).

The past 3 games have been confusing because his minutes have sky rocketed when his play has not warranted the promotion. Even with the increase of minutes, he's still not being utilized like a lead guard.

After that Denver game where he got hot, he has regressed right back to what he is the past 2 games. That's what Mills does though and that's who he has been his whole career -- he'll have a great shooting night and then go ghost on offense for 3-4 games. All while being a complete negative on D every game he plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You cannot hit more shots with more effort. They go or they don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He brings energy with the towel waving though. He's like a great roadside assistance driver... he'll always show up for a blowout.

Thread Information