Every time someone shoots in the NBA.

Pretty annoying after awhile tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    "And 1!" ...or "aaargh!"

Couldn't stand whenever David West constantly did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Kobe practically invented it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol and Kobe practically invented it
    It was more like : "hoheyheywawei ! "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond yells that all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about every big with any skill being a unicorn?
    Porzingis - Ralph Sampson
    Greek Freak - David Robinson
    Anthony Davis - broke mans Duncan
    Boogie - Ewing
    Jokic - sabonis

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about every big with any skill being a unicorn?
    Porzingis - Ralph Sampson
    Greek Freak - David Robinson
    Anthony Davis - broke mans Duncan
    Boogie - Ewing
    Jokic - sabonis
    None of them shot threes, though. Even Sabonis' range extended only to around 19-20 feet and only took a three if at the end of the shot clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol jokic is like 6'10 250 while sabonis was closer to 7'4 290.

you cant just ignore 5-6 inches, 40 pounds. thats what made sabonis special

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol jokic is like 6'10 250 while sabonis was closer to 7'4 290.

you cant just ignore 5-6 inches, 40 pounds. thats what made sabonis special
    That's what's ignored nowadays. Back in the 90s (80s too?) the best centers were real 7 footers (7'1"-7'4"). Now the best centers are like midgets by comparison at 6'8" (Draymond) - 6'10" (AD). The only guy who is great at center stuff + shooting 3s AND super tall is Porzingod at 7'4" or whatever he is. That used to be the PF spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i mean embiid looks WAY bigger than most centers right now, but he's 7'0 260.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Players don’t foul anymore.

A guy can clearly deliver a hard foul, put a guy down to the floor, guy can be bleeding from the nose and mouth, laying unconscious, and the guy who “didn’t” commit the foul will still put his hands up, have a shocked look on his face, and still scream at and ask the refs what he did wrong.

There are are quite a few guys in the league who will argue a call no matter what. When they argue obvious foul calls, it’s pretty absurd. Those Golden State es are known for it. Draymond still hasn’t committed a foul his entire NBA career, go ahead, ask him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A guy can clearly deliver a hard foul, put a guy down to the floor, guy can be bleeding from the nose and mouth, laying unconscious, and the guy who “didn’t” commit the foul will still put his hands up, have a shocked look on his face, and still scream at and ask the refs what he did wrong.

There are are quite a few guys in the league who will argue a call no matter what. When they argue obvious foul calls, it’s pretty absurd. Those Golden State es are known for it. Draymond still hasn’t committed a foul his entire NBA career, go ahead, ask him.
    I believe it's strategic in sense that these guys know if they and yell at the refs enough times that the refs will eventually stop calling fouls against them or call the fouls in their favor just to stop them from yelling at them. Unfortunately from what I have seen in it does work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of them shot threes, though. Even Sabonis' range extended only to around 19-20 feet and only took a three if at the end of the shot clock.
    That’s the problem players are shooting threes because of the times and the eRa and they play and not because of skill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the problem players are shooting threes because of the times and the eRa and they play and not because of skill
    The problem with analytics is, while yes three is better than two, even a wide open three isn't better than a layup, even when adjusted for the reward being multiplied by a scale factor of 1.5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with analytics is, while yes three is better than two, even a wide open three isn't better than a layup, even when adjusted for the reward being multiplied by a scale factor of 1.5.
    NBA is also a product, and fans like to see exciting long range bombing from wayyyy downtown, not layups like they're watching the LA Sparks. Just ask the Suns owner who has sworn by this brand of ball for 20+ years. It puts butts in seats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe it's strategic in sense that these guys know if they and yell at the refs enough times that the refs will eventually stop calling fouls against them or call the fouls in their favor just to stop them from yelling at them. Unfortunately from what I have seen in it does work.
    Yup, and also strategic is guys like Kobe/Gasol screaming every time they put the ball up. Sometimes they'll get the call when there was no foul, and that's what makes it worth it. It's just not aesthetically pleasing as a fan. Kawhi even did it a ton last year and I noticed it/found it pretty annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is also a product, and fans like to see exciting long range bombing from wayyyy downtown, not layups like they're watching the LA Sparks. Just ask the Suns owner who has sworn by this brand of ball for 20+ years. It puts butts in seats
    as a longtime fan, and a fan back in the early post Jordan era where there was a lot more defense and less chucking.... threes are like alcohol, too much can be too much honestly.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    as a longtime fan, and a fan back in the early post Jordan era where there was a lot more defense and less chucking.... threes are like alcohol, too much can be too much honestly.
    Did you really just claim there was less chucking in the early post-MJ era?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He meant 3 pt chucking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016-2017: 85.4 fga/team/game. 45.7% shooting
    1990-1991: 87.2fga/team/game. 47.4% shooting.

Less missed shots. Less chucking.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "And 1!" ...or "aaargh!"

How about flashing three fingers to the side after every made three?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Refs at Silverstein's direction have been told to be the players' friends rather than the officials who are supposed to T 'em up and basically tell them to shut up and play ball.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    2016-2017: 85.4 fga/team/game. 45.7% shooting
    1990-1991: 87.2fga/team/game. 47.4% shooting.

Less missed shots. Less chucking.
    1990-1991 is not the early post-MJ era.

Thread Information