Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Can't confirm, still posted because it confirms your su ions/wishes.

For future reference, the reasonable thing to do is not post something you can't confirm from an unreliable source, but you don't care about reason.

lol antifa
    can’t confirm this either it’s said he’s in this picture scrubbed from JROTC Page

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...g?downsize=715

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    can’t confirm this either it’s said he’s in this picture scrubbed from JROTC Page

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...g?downsize=715
    https://www.ar15.com/media/mediafile...742-452201.JPG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buzzfeed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then we’ll know what he looks like, no one claimed it would be useful.
    The only use is so someone can "score" stupid political points because "he was a right winger!" or "he was a left winger!" as if that somehow makes the situation better or gives us any useful information to prevent the next one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol go right to "it must have been drugs"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great. what has this guy ever supported to help identify and treat mental health in any way that would potentially prevent attacks like today's?

none. its the most transparent talking point in politics today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great. what has this guy ever supported to help identify and treat mental health in any way that would potentially prevent attacks like today's?

none. its the most transparent talking point in politics today
    Every child getting diagnosed with ADD for being a kid and legal prescription drugs that have devastating side effects. Definitely no reason to point the finger there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every child getting diagnosed with ADD for being a kid and legal prescription drugs that have devastating side effects. Definitely no reason to point the finger there.
    can you point to any study that links ADD drug prescription with a tendency to commit mass shootings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look the confiscation strawman. hadn't seen that one for a good 3 minutes

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The only use is so someone can "score" stupid political points because "he was a right winger!" or "he was a left winger!" as if that somehow makes the situation better or gives us any useful information to prevent the next one.
    Or some people just want to know what the sick looks like

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another best practice when deciding whether what you're about to post is real is to check and see if it's also being posted by a bunch of MAGA bots on Twitter.

Unless, you know, you're happy to contribute to the disinformation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    next step is for TSA to discuss the specific jargon of the weapon used. was it military style? was it semi automatic? was it an AR15? were there magazines?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or some people just want to know what the sick looks like
    No, I don't buy that for a second. You want to know if he's a lefty for political points. It's par for the course. His physical appearance is meaningless. You just want to be ahead with your spin control to pin it on antifa/liberals so we can discuss that instead of gun violence.

But you don't care about stopping gun violence, you've already told me that mass shootings are just part and parcel of living in the U.S.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you point to any study that links ADD drug prescription with a tendency to commit mass shootings?
    It's not just ritalin, but that certainly is a gateway. I was pointing to it as underlying problem. If you want specific drug cases there are lots of links that point to drugs as the number one problem with mass shooters. This is common knowledge...

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns
    https://www.naturalnews.com/039752_m...pressants.html

SSRI Antidepressants: The Gateway Drug to Mass Murder
    https://www.cchrint.org/2014/04/24/s...o-mass-murder/

36 School shooters/school related violence committed by those under the influence of psychiatric drugs
    https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/

Just a handful of articles, there are hundreds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just ritalin, but that certainly is a gateway. I was pointing to it as underlying problem. If you want specific drug cases there are lots of links that point to drugs as the number one problem with mass shooters. This is common knowledge...

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns

SSRI Antidepressants: The Gateway Drug to Mass Murder
    https://www.cchrint.org/2014/04/24/s...o-mass-murder/

36 School shooters/school related violence committed by those under the influence of psychiatric drugs
    https://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/

Just a handful of articles, there are hundreds.
    none of those are studies. naturalnews offers nothing of constructive value. all they do is spew anti-vax and gmo propaganda.

and those cchr articles aren't studies. its just a blog that routinely cites to its own previous blog entries. i keep clicking their links to some other "fact" which always takes me to another blog entry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at that le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris is absolutely correct that the state of mental healthcare in this country is deplorable. My cousin at 18 had a schizophrenic breakdown a few years ago that had him believing he was a sniper in the Navy Seals (sounds absurd, I know). My aunt and her daughter, fearing for their safety, called the police MULTIPLE TIMES in the hopes to have him committed and treated. Nope. Can't hold an adult person in any type of mental health facility/hospital against their will for more than 72 hours, no matter how bat crazy they're behaving. This went on for weeks, and at one point, after being released from the facility, he was out wandering the streets for a few days. The situation eventually culminated in him trying to break into my late uncle's gun safe (he was in law enforcement and thus had a reasonably sized gun collection). After that, my uncles went over there and removed the safe and all other weapons from the house. Once again, called the authorities. Can't hold him for than 72 hours (he hadn't broken any laws, mind you). Previously, the so-called mental health "professionals" diagnosed him with Bi-Polar, which to anyone with even a cursory understanding of psychology would know was incorrect. He finally got the right diagnosis and medication, and there hasn't been an incident since.

That said, the ironic thing is you won't find a less sympathetic group towards mental health care in this country than conservatives. That 72 hours provision was introduced by St. Ronnie Reagan in the 80s, and since then, not only has the quality of mental health care declined, but the homelessness situation has reached epidemic levels (conservatives handwave away homeless people as lazy drug addicts unwilling to "buck up" and get their lives together). Conservatives stupidly believe that severe mental health issues can be overcome by "pulling yerself up by yer bootstraps and dealing with it." So I laugh when conservative pundits deflect to the state of mental health care after yet another mass shooting. It would be easier to get blood from a stone that to get your typical conservative to put one tax dollar toward mental health care reform.

About gun control. Despite my lashing of conservatives, I am sympathetic toward their resistance toward over bearing gun control (i.e. outright banning). I'm vehemently against punishing responsible people for the actions of a relatively rare minority, but on the other hand, no first world, civilized society should ever experience something like a mass shooting at a in' elementary school. My solution would be if you want to own a gun, you have to go through a strict licensing procedure not unlike the one needed to have the privilege to drive a car. Minimum age: 21. And after that, routine mental health checkups every 6 months to prevent the now clichéd, "oh, I never would've thought he would do it. He was so ordinary and nice." You want the privilege to own an efficient killing machine, you need to prove you can be trusted to own one. No banning. Simply additional vetting, like Furor Trump wants for Middle Eastern immigrants. If conservatives are consistent in their outlook, they should have no problem with it.

But of course, there won't be enough "tax dollars" to fund and enforce such a thing, even though there's plenty enough tax dollars to fund 600 bases around the world that do nothing to help Americans at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words, mass shootings do not all involve guns.

Saved me a click, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris is absolutely correct that the state of mental healthcare in this country is deplorable. My cousin at 18 had a schizophrenic breakdown a few years ago that had him believing he was a sniper in the Navy Seals (sounds absurd, I know). My aunt and her daughter, fearing for their safety, called the police MULTIPLE TIMES in the hopes to have him committed and treated. Nope. Can't hold an adult person in any type of mental health facility/hospital against their will for more than 72 hours, no matter how bat crazy they're behaving. This went on for weeks, and at one point, after being released from the facility, he was out wandering the streets for a few days. The situation eventually culminated in him trying to break into my late uncle's gun safe (he was in law enforcement and thus had a reasonably sized gun collection). After that, my uncles went over there and removed the safe and all other weapons from the house. Once again, called the authorities. Can't hold him for than 72 hours (he hadn't broken any laws, mind you). Previously, the so-called mental health "professionals" diagnosed him with Bi-Polar, which to anyone with even a cursory understanding of psychology would know was incorrect. He finally got the right diagnosis and medication, and there hasn't been an incident since.

That said, the ironic thing is you won't find a less sympathetic group towards mental health care in this country than conservatives. That 72 hours provision was introduced by St. Ronnie Reagan in the 80s, and since then, not only has the quality of mental health care declined, but the homelessness situation has reached epidemic levels (conservatives handwave away homeless people as lazy drug addicts unwilling to "buck up" and get their lives together). Conservatives stupidly believe that severe mental health issues can be overcome by "pulling yerself up by yer bootstraps and dealing with it." So I laugh when conservative pundits deflect to the state of mental health care after yet another mass shooting. It would be easier to get blood from a stone that to get your typical conservative to put one tax dollar toward mental health care reform.

About gun control. Despite my lashing of conservatives, I am sympathetic toward their resistance toward over bearing gun control (i.e. outright banning). I'm vehemently against punishing responsible people for the actions of a relatively rare minority, but on the other hand, no first world, civilized society should ever experience something like a mass shooting at a in' elementary school. My solution would be if you want to own a gun, you have to go through a strict licensing procedure not unlike the one needed to have the privilege to drive a car. Minimum age: 21. And after that, routine mental health checkups every 6 months to prevent the now clichéd, "oh, I never would've thought he would do it. He was so ordinary and nice." You want the privilege to own an efficient killing machine, you need to prove you can be trusted to own one. No banning. Simply additional vetting, like Furor Trump wants for Middle Eastern immigrants. If conservatives are consistent in their outlook, they should have no problem with it.

But of course, there won't be enough "tax dollars" to fund and enforce such a thing, even though there's plenty enough tax dollars to fund 600 bases around the world that do nothing to help Americans at home.
    of course. that's my entire point. conservatives here just throw their hands up and say "mental health!" and yet support virtually nothing that would actually help get a handle on national mental health issues. thats why i just call it a transparent talking point. i'm all for a 2-pronged approach to gun violence. the right wants to pin it on one prong, and then do nothing to address that one prong. its maddening

instead lets gut funding that would give people access to mental health treatment, and gut funding to things like the national ins ute of health and the CDC

not to mention the whole "we will resist any outright ban on guns" is a ty strawman, as i dont know of any serious proposal that has ever gotten traction on that front

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was Democrats who led the way on the deins utionalization movement in favor of the current failed community health treatment approach so I don't understand how you are blaming conservatives for the current state of mental health treatment in this country.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its official

its political.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Students said they had pegged him to be a potential school shooter. Also wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack when he attended. Don’t know how the he got on to the campus knowing this.
    Yeah, should have already thrown him in the gulag because the kids said so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably chuchus relative

Thread Information