Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2345
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Selective defense/criticism of the police depending on how it fits your political views

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Announces Support For Arming Teachers, Backpedals On Gun Purchase Age

proposals generally fall in line with what the National Rifle Association supports

president is establishing a federal commission on school safety, to be

chaired by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos,

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__031218

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why doesn't he just reverse his Executive Order that makes it easier for mentally ill people to get guns?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Price of Freedom in hole USA

Parkland's teen hero, shot five times protecting his classmates, fights on

Anthony Borges, the 15-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High student and

immigrant teen

who has been credited with saving the lives of several of his classmates,

suffered a health setback last Wednesday when he was returned to the ICU for emergency surgery.

“Shot five times, he was among the most seriously wounded of the survivors”:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From slave state racist hole SC

Governor says students protesting gun violence are being manipulated by ‘left-wing group’

He urged students to participate in prayer instead of protest.

https://thinkprogress.org/governor-s...-ce56e3ef4265/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did any TX kids walk out?

Are they all on spring break?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably half the walkouts left to get high or pregnant or both. Only the nerds marched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't he just reverse his Executive Order that makes it easier for mentally ill people to get guns?
    Be more specific. You mean this one?

The efforts to roll back this unjustified and legally unauthorized rule were predictably met with a withering barrage of negative and fake reporting from the anti-gun media, with supposed “news” outlets issuing such ludicrous headlines as “Senate, House hand guns to seriously mentally ill.” All these reports completely ignored the fact that existing restrictions on persons who had been involuntarily committed or adjudicated mentally incompetent remained fully intact. By acting to block the rule, Congress simply disapproved the Obama administration’s attempt to create a new class of prohibited persons by “reinterpreting” a federal gun control statute passed in 1968.

Interesting that Obama waited until the end of his 2nd term to do this as well. Just because someone needs someone else to oversee their payments doesn't mean they are mentally ill.

But your narrative schtick presses on... Trump gave guns to raving lunatics.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Be more specific. You mean this one?

The efforts to roll back this unjustified and legally unauthorized rule were predictably met with a withering barrage of negative and fake reporting from the anti-gun media, with supposed “news” outlets issuing such ludicrous headlines as “Senate, House hand guns to seriously mentally ill.” All these reports completely ignored the fact that existing restrictions on persons who had been involuntarily committed or adjudicated mentally incompetent remained fully intact. By acting to block the rule, Congress simply disapproved the Obama administration’s attempt to create a new class of prohibited persons by “reinterpreting” a federal gun control statute passed in 1968.

Interesting that Obama waited until the end of his 2nd term to do this as well. Just because someone needs someone else to oversee their payments doesn't mean they are mentally ill.

But your narrative schtick presses on... Trump gave guns to raving lunatics.
    I'm not sure that's the one.

Maybe you could just post a picture of the Executive Order Trump signed so we can straighten this all out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure that's the one.

Maybe you could just post a picture of the Executive Order Trump signed so we can straighten this all out.
    That's what I thought. More chicken from the forum hole.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's what I thought. More chicken from the forum hole.
    I asked you to produce something, snowflake.

So sensitive....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Majority of One: NC Student is the only one in his school to walk out.

When the clock struck 10am, 16-year old Justin Blackman joined the hundreds of thousands of students across the country in the National School Walkout To End Gun Violence.

He told his Spanish teacher at Wilson Preparatory Academy in Wilson NC what he was doing and the teacher let him go.

None of his 700 classmates joined him.

For the next 17 minutes Justin stood in the parking lot — a lone presence, but far from alone.

As of this writing,

his post has garnered over 150,000 likes and

Justin Blackman now has over 6000 Twitter followers.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ol-to-walk-out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are the kids in your schools walking out? Here - mostly the ones who want to get out of class.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three Arkansas teens face ‘corporal punishment’ for participating in gun control walkout

Students at a “rural, very conservative” public school in Arkansas will face corporal punishment after participating in a national school walkout Wednesday, according to the mother of one of the teens.

“They were given two punishment options. They chose corporal punishment. This generation is not playing around.”

Greenbier Public Schools “authorizes the use of corporal punishment to be administered in accordance with this policy by the Superintendent or his/her designated staff members who are required to have a state-issued license as a condition of their employment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/three-arkansas-teens-face-corporal-punishment-participating-gun-control-walkout/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New footage shows Peterson standing outside building and telling arriving officers to remain 500 feet away. Also acknowledges that gun fire is coming from inside contradicting his story about not knowing if it was coming from outside.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15...new-video.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New footage shows Peterson standing outside building and telling arriving officers to remain 500 feet away. Also acknowledges that gun fire is coming from inside contradicting his story about not knowing if it was coming from outside.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/15...new-video.html
    Oh a chrispiracy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh a chrispiracy
    No those are called facts for brains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING: Authorities Wanted Parkland Shooter Ins utionalized Before Massacre, Never Acted

Shocking new details about the gunman who shot up Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were released on Sunday, and it was revealed that officials from the school and a sheriff's deputy recommended that he be forcibly committed to a psychiatric facility just months before his rampage.

Despite clear warning signs and a recommendation for involuntary commitment, nothing was ever done.

School resource officer Scot Peterson and other school officials recommended in September 2016 that the gunman be committed for mental evaluation under Florida's Baker Act. The Associated Press reports:

The do ents, which are part of [the gunman]'s criminal case in the shooting, show that he had written the word "kill" in a notebook, told a classmate that he wanted to buy a gun and use it, and had cut his arm supposedly in anger because he had broken up with a girlfriend. He also told another student he had drunk gasoline and was throwing up. Calls had even been made to the FBI about the possibility of [the gunman] using a gun at school...

...[the gunman]'s mother Lynda is quoted as saying she had fresh concerns about her son's mental state after he punched holes in a wall at their home in Parkland. The clinicians at Henderson came to the home for interviews and said [the gunman] admitted punching the wall but said he did so because he was upset at a breakup with his girlfriend...

...the do ents say [the gunman] "reports that he cut his arms 3-4 weeks ago and states that this is the only time he has ever cut. [the gunman] states that he cut because he was lonely, states that he had broken up with his girlfriend and reports that his grades had fallen.

Former federal prosecutor David S. Weinstein told the AP that if the gunman had been ins utionalized against his will that it would have been a major red flag if he ever would have tried to purchase a firearm.

"If he had lied, hopefully, the verification of the form would have pulled up the commitment paperwork," Weinstein said.

The do ents obtained by the AP show that the gunman was very much on the radar of mental health professionals and law enforcement officials, yet little to nothing was done. The AP further notes that it is unclear why the recommendation to ins utionalize the gunman was never followed up.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28376...-ryan-saavedra

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow, he would've had to go to a gun show to get an AR-15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, he would've had to go to a gun show to get an AR-15.
    I love how you think gun shows are like the wild west or some dystopian black market.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how you think gun shows are like the wild west or some dystopian black market.
    Guns can be bought at gun shows without the background checks sporting goods stores use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guns can be bought at gun shows without the background checks sporting goods stores use.
    Who's even talking about sporting goods stores? You live in a small world don't you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who's even talking about sporting goods stores?
    The article you posted but didn't read.

Former federal prosecutor David S. Weinstein told the AP that if the gunman had been ins utionalized against his will that it would have been a major red flag if he ever would have tried to purchase a firearm.
    You live in a small world don't you.
    I read articles. You don't.

small world white Chris

Thread Information