Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    True, meant Derrick Thomas tbh

Don't even know who Derrick Coleman is.
    Derrick Coleman was a fullback at UCLA. Bounced around the NFL, ah...Falcons, Seahawks, Vikes maybe more, yep, a pretty nothing career.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Top Five RB's Who Never Had a 1000 Yard Season

1.Hugh "The King" McElhenny Washington/Niners
    2.Willie Galimore FAMU/Bears
    3.Alan Ameche Wisconsin/Colts
    4.Matt Snell Ohio St/Jets
    5.Frank Gifford USC/Giants

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Top Five RB's Who Never Had a 1000 Yard Season

1.Hugh "The King" McElhenny Washington/Niners
    2.Willie Galimore FAMU/Bears
    3.Alan Ameche Wisconsin/Colts
    4.Matt Snell Ohio St/Jets
    5.Frank Gifford USC/Giants
    1. Bo Jackson

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Rob Gronkowski
    Aron Hernandez

(it still hurtz)

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anytime we have one of these...The Top...The Best, we must go with what was accually accomplished vs the era. There are no RB's any more physically imposing than Bo Jackson, and his speed/size combo right there with Herschel Walker. BUT.....he didn't have the career those I mentioned did, he only had 2,782 yards rushing, that will not work vs those I listed. , Gifford had over 8000 yards rushing/receiving, all the rest well over 4000 yards except Galimore*** who also had a short career (car wreck) but had more yards than Jackson and far more TD's.

The guys I missed on were Ollie Matson and Marion Motley....EL DUH. , Don Perkins?

*** in his day his speed was just as dramatic as Bo's, and like Bo he shared carries, the Bears had fulback Rick Casares, he did have a 1000 yard season.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-20-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Surprised not more JJ Watt mentions tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Deion
    Lawrence Taylor
    Rice
    Emmitt Smith
    Blake Bortles

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dont think emmitt belongs on this list at all tbh... his longevity certainly is epic, but his production is a result of that and playing behind a dominant OL for much of his career. he's the all time leader in rushing attempts by about 600, most games played by a rb...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The stat ya look at with RB's is....average per carry. Smith had six seasons with a less that 4.0 average, his career average a very average....4.2. He doesn't belong on any all time list other than Cowboys.

Now, with bulldozer type RB's like Bettis, Riggins, a 3.9/4.0, will work.

I've talked about Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, he was a bulldozer, and had a 5.0 average bulldozing, what a shame his career was cut short. Amazing runner.

An injury cost him his senior season at SoU so he wasn't known, signed on as a free agent with the Chiefs.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-26-2018 at 03:21 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont think emmitt belongs on this list at all tbh... his longevity certainly is epic, but his production is a result of that and playing behind a dominant OL for much of his career. he's the all time leader in rushing attempts by about 600, most games played by a rb...
    I agree and I'm a CB fan. He was a good runner in a great cir stance. He had a few fantastic highlights but watching his whole body of work, he's not at the same level as Sanders, Faulk, etc.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I hate this argument about Emmitt. I get it, but if you look closer it's flawed.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I hate this argument about Emmitt. I get it, but if you look closer it's flawed.
    i can say right now that antonio brown is a better receiver than tim brown ever was. i dont need to wait for him to play 5 more seasons and surpass him in catches/yards to make that call

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    i can say right now that antonio brown is a better receiver than tim brown ever was. i dont need to wait for him to play 5 more seasons and surpass him in catches/yards to make that call
    I'd say Barry is the best runner of the ball ever. I'd say Smith is the best overall complete back ever.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have Emmitt Smith in my top 10 RB list.

Just tossing out names I put ahead of him.

Tomlinson, Faulk, Brown, erson, Payton, Sanders, Simpson, Campbell, Sayers, Allen.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He didn’t have the career or consistency others had, but peak Randy Moss is easily the most dominant non-QB of all time.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree and I'm a CB fan. He was a good runner in a great cir stance. He had a few fantastic highlights but watching his whole body of work, he's not at the same level as Sanders, Faulk, etc.
    Not many players would grind playing with a separated shoulder, much less giving LT a stiff arm with his ed up arm. He played that whole game against the Giants with a severely separated shoulder, and got pissed as Jimmy for trying to use him as a decoy. I think about that game when I remember he went to the Cardinals.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He didn’t have the career or consistency others had, but peak Randy Moss is easily the most dominant non-QB of all time.
    Nope, that would be Don Hutson and it's really not close.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nope, that would be Don Hutson and it's really not close.
    Yeah I don’t give a about some white scrub who dominated a league full of other white scrubs.

Was he the George Clooney character in the movie leatherheads?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yeah I don’t give a about some white scrub who dominated a league full of other white scrubs.

Then why say......of all time? You didn't know what...of all time...in the NFL means?

Don Hutson was without question the most dominant non QB ever, IF...talking the real ...of all time.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Then why say......of all time? You didn't know what...of all time...in the NFL means?

Don Hutson was without question the most dominant non QB ever, IF...talking the real ...of all time.
    I didn’t make the thread le, don’t look at me.

Randy Moss is the most dominant non-QB since Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier for black athletes in pro sports.

Is that better?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I didn’t make the thread le, don’t look at me.

Randy Moss is the most dominant non-QB since Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier for black athletes in pro sports.

Is that better?
    I was talking about you saying this....He didn’t have the career or consistency others had, but peak Randy Moss is easily the most dominant non-QB of all time.

See.....of all time...?

Jackie Robinson 's older brother Mack won the Olympic silver medal in the 200m in 1936, noway in Jackie broke the color barrier for athletes.

, black RB Kenny Washington was playing in the NFL before Robinson was playing MLB.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-27-2018 at 12:47 AM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have Emmitt Smith in my top 10 RB list.

Just tossing out names I put ahead of him.

Tomlinson, Faulk, Brown, erson, Payton, Sanders, Simpson, Campbell, Sayers, Allen.
    Well you're stupid so nobody cares

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Not many players would grind playing with a separated shoulder, much less giving LT a stiff arm with his ed up arm. He played that whole game against the Giants with a severely separated shoulder, and got pissed as Jimmy for trying to use him as a decoy. I think about that game when I remember he went to the Cardinals.
    That game.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Lol

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In all my years of watching football at all levels I've never seen a RB have bigger holes to run thru than Emmitt Smith. So many times he was 4 yards down the field before he encountered a defender. Noway in this guy belongs in any ..THE GREATEST..conversations.

Thread Information