Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't watched a ton. For some reason, I find myself getting bored with the formatting. Maybe it's because we're able to watch them live and NBC seems to stick through a whole event. So you've got all the down time inbetween.

IDK. Other than the snowboarding and speed-skating, I haven't been too excited this time.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I love the summer Olympics. The winter Olympics are boring.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The USA is way behind, it's over....hold it here comes Bob Hayes, is he, can he....YES YES YES...USA WINS~~~~~~~ What an amazing leg by The Worlds Fastest Human, totally amazing.

That happened in 1964 at the Tokyo Olympics, but it was lke yesterday, the winter Olympics....nay~~~~~~~~~

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love the summer Olympics. The winter Olympics are boring.
    Summer are definitely better. But I used to love the Winter as well. Maybe it's because there wasn't so much sports overload back then. Or maybe because there isn't the good vs. evil with the U.S. vs. USSR/East Germany.
    But there are still cool moments watching these kids perform under so much pressure and nailing it to win a gold.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Hard for me to care about snowboard tricks

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Love the skiing.

Probably because I love it myself and these people are so damn good.
    The women are just as fun to watch as the men.
    The racing on snowboards is cool as well. 6 people smashing against each other, okay, I'll take it.

The curling is interesting. I don't see why it can't be a sport that men and women can compete against each other like the only other group of sports (boring as ) which is ____________.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I think NBC should be doing Olympics 24/7 if they want the eyes. They decided that some day time talk show or infomercial is more important and it sends a message.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think NBC should be doing Olympics 24/7 if they want the eyes. They decided that some day time talk show or infomercial is more important and it sends a message.
    They are on the special channels.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    They are on the special channels.
    On the box or the net? Cos yea, I figure there's sh** online. I just haven't bothered to look this time around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    On the box or the net? Cos yea, I figure there's sh** online. I just haven't bothered to look this time around.
    MSNBC
    CNBC
    USA

i think that's it. Just flip through all the channels until you see some people doing Winter Olympic .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Driving to the ski resort now. Boys have been having a fun time watching some events, figured we'd get them on a hill. Been over 15 years since I snowboarded. Not sure how well I'll pick it back up. By far the best event we watched was the snowboard freestyle? Whatever the one that the 17 yr old Ed Sheeran looking kid from Colorado won gold in.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    MSNBC
    CNBC
    USA

i think that's it. Just flip through all the channels until you see some people doing Winter Olympic .
    I know that. By special I thought he might mean channels created just for the Olympics. But my point was that the coverage is spotty and not thorough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know that. By special I thought he might mean channels created just for the Olympics. But my point was that the coverage is spotty and not thorough.
    I don't know. Did you try their Facebook page?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    its the Winter Olympics

They got some good stuff on buts it's just not anywhere as broad as the summer. And it is close to 24/7 if you flip stations. It's winter in Korea, remember that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's called NBC Sports Channel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    I think I prefer the winter Olympics. Mainly because most of the events in the summer Olympics are something you see all the time. I think the unique events, bobsled, luge,x country, etc. are purer sport since it's not commercialized or glamorized as much as others. Also, I have a lot more respect for someone skiing 80mph or doing rediculous flips on a snowboard than a sprinter out a long jumper. Losing control at 20 mph is rediculous enough. A hiccup at 80 you probably don't plan on leaving without a stretcher or a body bag.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who's that ugly ass chick that's commenting with Tara Lipinski about the figure skating?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    K....

A Czech woman won gold in a skiing and snowboard racing events. No judges, just times...

A huge WTF

These are extraordinarily different types of racing.
    Anyone for Gold in the broad jump and the high jump?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I think I prefer the winter Olympics. Mainly because most of the events in the summer Olympics are something you see all the time. I think the unique events, bobsled, luge,x country, etc. are purer sport since it's not commercialized or glamorized as much as others. Also, I have a lot more respect for someone skiing 80mph or doing rediculous flips on a snowboard than a sprinter out a long jumper. Losing control at 20 mph is rediculous enough. A hiccup at 80 you probably don't plan on leaving without a stretcher or a body bag.
    Yea, crazy stuff. I don't understand having those nets for the skiiers going wide to get whip-lashed in. The Georgian sledder died some Olympics back cos they put a concrete post in a stupid place.

Thread Information