Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not when obama does it... seems to be the narrative.
    Dim, the programs were created following 9/11 and extended by your most recent GOP congress. Both parties are culpable.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because its not bankfraud doesnt make it legal

Installing malware in French presidential office or Angela merkels phone is not a crime?

Is stealing information not theft?
    This is commonly known as spying. And it's an ultra dirty business. Even among allies. See Israel/US

Screwing with democratic elections is on a new level for US/Russia relations.
    So... Why have we not messed with Putin's re-election campaigns and voting?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why have we not messed with Putin's re-election campaigns and voting?
    USA helped Ukraine Nazis overthrow Pootin's puppet in Ukraine

Pootin HATED Hillary because she called his election as illegit, fraudulent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that you are trying to make a moral equivalence to excuse your preferred nation state but it's not a compelling argument. Nevermind that the American people widely denounced the NSA's surveillance.
    You are the one excusing your prefered nation state with that post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that you are trying to make a moral equivalence to excuse your preferred nation state but it's not a compelling argument. Nevermind that the American people widely denounced the NSA's surveillance.
    This seems to have escaped the Trumpeters as they still, much like Donald, can't stand anything that makes our current president's election look strange. It's a level of insecurity that leads them to denounce intelligence gathering (FBI). We all know OUR past indiscretions. They are not pretty. Our press has played a major role in bringing our past ill fated attempts to manipulate other countries to light. But now, the entire press has been compromised as well because the press will point out Donald's nonchalant, inexhaustible lying.

I really hope its not about 1/3 of our voting population that is infected with the paranoiac virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA helped Ukraine Nazis overthrow Pootin's puppet in Ukraine

Pootin HATED Hillary because she called his election as illegit, fraudulent.
    The Ukraine has had a history of corrupt leadership. It's Eastern Europe Soviet style. Are you saying the revolt that was taking place was started by US? Nope. If you are saying once it got underway we played a role, sketchy. If you are saying we helped Chocolate magnate, yep. The same people overthrew another corrupt leader BEFORE Russia's puppet. She was fine with US but she got the same treatment as Putin's puppet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically

No historical context whatsoever.
    Of course we have done this.
    WE have books written about it bozo, WE write them.

Where is the Russian press on this one?
    What does RT news got for you?

And this is part of the point. It is illegal for foreign or US citizens to take cash from a dictator in Russia who plans not only attempting to ruin free and fair elections, but also authorizes screwing around with the finances of private companies and government agencies. You get payed by Putin the thug, you go to jail if we can get you.

We have probably reciprocated in some way Putin knows about and we will read about at some future date. Because we have a real press.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dim, the programs were created following 9/11 and extended by your most recent GOP congress. Both parties are culpable.
    Dim, they're your parties left and right. now go back to eating dirt with your parents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are the one excusing your prefered nation state with that post
    I said that most of the US populace didn't support it. I never said they were the same nor that it was okay. That is you, mr sandinistas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dim, they're your parties left and right. now go back to eating dirt with your parents.
    No one buys that line, Joey. I certainly don't. Everyone knows you are a GOPo through word and action.

It's interesting that the whole board has on you for this type of thing for months now but you still come back for more. Even if you are just trolling you would hope you would have the intelligence to try a different route. Alas, you are not remotely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NotPetya virus
    The NotPetya virus superficially resembles Petya in several ways: it encrypts the master file table and flashes up a screen requesting a Bitcoin ransom to restore access to the files. But there are a number of important ways in which it's different, and much more dangerous:

NotPetya spreads on its own. The original Petya required the victim to download it from a spam email, launch it, and give it admin permissions. NotPetya exploits several different methods to spread without human intervention. The original infection vector appears to be via a backdoor planted in M.E.Doc, an accounting software package that's used by almost every company Ukraine. Having infected computers from Medoc’s servers, NotPetya used a variety of techniques to spread to other computers, including EternalBlue and EternalRomance, two exploits developed by the United States NSA to take advantage a flaw in the Windows implementation of the SMB protocol. It can also take advantage of a tool called Mimi Katz to find network administration credentials in the infected machine's memory, and then use the PsExec and WMIC tools built into Windows to remotely access other computers on the local network and infect them as well.

NotPetya encrypts everything. The NotPetya malware goes far beyond the original Petya trick of encrypting the master boot record, going after a number of other files to seriously screw up your hard drive.

NotPetya isn't ransomware. This is in fact the most shocking — and important — thing about NotPetya. It looks like ransomware, complete with a screen informing the victim that they can decrypt their files if they send Bitcoin to a specified wallet. For Petya, this screen includes an identifying that they're supposed to send along with the ransom; the attackers use this code to figure out which victim just paid up. But on computers infected with NotPetya, this number is just randomly generated and would be of no help in identifying anything. And it turns out that in the process of encrypting the data, NotPetya damages it beyond repair.

So what's NotPetya's real purpose? The fact that it saw an abrupt and radical improvement in efficiency over its Petya ancestor implies a creator with a lot of resources — a state intelligence or cyberwarfare agency, say. That, combined with the 2017 attack's focus on the Ukraine, caused many to point their finger at Russia, with whom Ukraine has been involved in a low-level conflict since the occupation of Crimea in 2014. This accusation was taken up by the Ukrainian government itself, and many Western sources agree, including the U.S. and U.K.; Russia has denied involvement, pointing out that NotPetya infected many Russian computers as well.
    Damn those Russians using our to spread their

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good thing the Russians can vote Putin out... what a sec...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. The cyber arms race is not pretty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing the Russians can vote Putin out... what a sec...
    Google "Putin critic dead"

Seems to be a pretty hazardous thing to do. The ones that wind up dead on Putin's birthday are kind of hard to ignore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one buys that line, Joey. I certainly don't. Everyone knows you are a GOPo through word and action.

It's interesting that the whole board has on you for this type of thing for months now but you still come back for more. Even if you are just trolling you would hope you would have the intelligence to try a different route. Alas, you are not remotely.
    through word and action... you're so ing pathetic... what word and more so what actions prove your bs? please, do tell.

you're so hard up to prove i'm something i'm not for what exactly?

and lol at the "i'm smarter than you blah blah your intelligence blah blah" angle. you're nothing but a pussy with his nose sky high into the air.

eat dirt! bet your parents wouldn't mind sharing some with you like they shared their wealth. loser!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    netted out in Wired:

The release of NotPetya was an act of cyberwar by almost any definition—one that was likely more explosive than even its creators intended. Within hours of its first appearance, the worm raced beyond Ukraine and out to countless machines around the world, from hospitals in Pennsylvania to a chocolate factory in Tasmania. It *crippled multinational companies including Maersk, pharmaceutical giant Merck, FedEx’s European subsidiary TNT Express, French construction company Saint-Gobain, food producer Mondelēz, and manufacturer Reckitt Benckiser. In each case, it inflicted nine-figure costs. It even spread back to Russia, striking the state oil company Rosneft.

The result was more than $10 billion in total damages, according to a White House assessment confirmed to WIRED by former Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert, who at the time of the attack was President Trump’s most senior cybersecurity-*focused official. Bossert and US intelligence agencies also confirmed in February that Russia’s military—the prime suspect in any cyberwar attack targeting Ukraine—was responsible for launching the malicious code.
    https://www.wired.com/story/notpetya...hed-the-world/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i guess the only thing we can do about it is drop the sanctions.
    Last edited by clambake; 08-23-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin's cyberwarriors wreaking multi-$B damages across the planet

but Russian "intelligence asset" Trash invites Pootin to the WH

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pootin's cyberwarriors wreaking multi-$B damages across the planet

but Russian "intelligence asset" Trash invites Pootin to the WH
    Cringe

Discuss politics like an adult. Putin and Trump. No need for grade school nicknames

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (bows to WH's search before posting discipline)

Thread Information