Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See this sucks because Spurs could have easily gotten Kyrie for Leonard from Cavs. Irving wanted to play for this team. Now Boston would probably not let Irving go even for Leonard.
    I'd rather have Tatum + Brown for a full rebuild and Boston would much rather give them up than Irving too I'm guessing if it was to land Leonard.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet OP some money.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How well do you "trust" your "sources"?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see he's surrounded with smart people

This ship is sinking faster than the anic. From roster construction, to an alcoholic front office, a shaky ownership, and to fat lazy fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's zero reason why Boston would trade for Kawhi. They have Hayward locked in for three more years and two players they really liked on rookie deals. If Gordon were healthy and just not clicking, maybe. But they are almost certainly more inclined to see what they already have than make any substantial change at the wing. By far, the best thing PATFO can do is wait until the draft and pick their own guy. LAC has two picks in the lottery this season. Neither is great, but that doesn't matter if they guys PATFO want fall to them. I have no idea at all whom that would be (don't even have DX anymore to check prospects out), but if someone they think can be a really good player is there, those picks plus Harris for Kawhi and Patty and/or Pau could easily outclass a Boston deal. There are others too, like a deal with Phoenix (who could have two lottery picks themselves including the a top-three pick).

The Spurs could have a young group with Murray and the haul from the deal with the potential additions of guys like Anderson, Bertans and Milutinov. They'd also still have a vet core of Parker, Green and Aldridge to keep the team watchable. Finally, they'd have no bad salary on their books going forward and a legit chance to FINALLY fix their weaknesses at the guard spots. That feels like a much better prognosis than trading for Boston's guys and then hoping to be bad enough to get a real star in the lottery. People don't even want to watch the team when they are firmly in the playoff race. They damned sure aren't going to watch a tanking Spurs team, despite what all the people who are pushing for a completely bottom-out seem to think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.
    Obviously and undoubtedly the most crucial off-season the Spurs will face since 2000.

Kawhi's history with this injury will make it even trickier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man lands on moon...

Yeah but seriously, this is pretty believable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is a cancer.
    When he goes to LA he'll be AIDS too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's zero reason why Boston would trade for Kawhi. They have Hayward locked in for three more years and two players they really liked on rookie deals. If Gordon were healthy and just not clicking, maybe. But they are almost certainly more inclined to see what they already have than make any substantial change at the wing. By far, the best thing PATFO can do is wait until the draft and pick their own guy. LAC has two picks in the lottery this season. Neither is great, but that doesn't matter if they guys PATFO want fall to them. I have no idea at all whom that would be (don't even have DX anymore to check prospects out), but if someone they think can be a really good player is there, those picks plus Harris for Kawhi and Patty and/or Pau could easily outclass a Boston deal. There are others too, like a deal with Phoenix (who could have two lottery picks themselves including the a top-three pick).

The Spurs could have a young group with Murray and the haul from the deal with the potential additions of guys like Anderson, Bertans and Milutinov. They'd also still have a vet core of Parker, Green and Aldridge to keep the team watchable. Finally, they'd have no bad salary on their books going forward and a legit chance to FINALLY fix their weaknesses at the guard spots. That feels like a much better prognosis than trading for Boston's guys and then hoping to be bad enough to get a real star in the lottery. People don't even want to watch the team when they are firmly in the playoff race. They damned sure aren't going to watch a tanking Spurs team, despite what all the people who are pushing for a completely bottom-out seem to think.
    Lakers*

Not Clippers, forgot to add that part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers*

Not Clippers, forgot to add that part.
    I don't think SA cares which Kawhi wants. Because LAC isn't giving up a premium asset, they'd probably consider worth the risk either way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pinche tio...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think SA cares which Kawhi wants. Because LAC isn't giving up a premium asset, they'd probably consider worth the risk either way
    I don't think so either, but if a team isn't going to get a guarantee for Kawhi -- they won't get back good value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.
    So what the do we do in the meantime??? Talk about the weather?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so either, but if a team isn't going to get a guarantee for Kawhi -- they won't get back good value.
    It's arguably less than they got for Griffin. If you want a team that needs a guarantee, Boston would be more likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst deal I'd take if I'm SA is Kawhi for Ingram, Randle S&T, Cavs 1st in 18', Lakers 1st in 19' and 20'.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No OP?

So either you either don't believe your source or you were just lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst deal I'd take if I'm SA is Kawhi for Ingram, Randle S&T, Cavs 1st in 18', Lakers 1st in 19' and 20'.
    That deal is illegal. And I don't think I'd want any part of it anyway.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't see the attraction of LA ...

1) Taxes
    2) Cost of Living
    3) no where close to a play off team
    4) advertising dollars doesn't exactly flow to LA/NY markets exclusively anymore. Plus, he's not one for the big spot light as it is ...

He loses the super max contract unless Spurs deal him to the lakers? And then that would strip the lakers of any assets going forward ...
    1.) When your making millions of dollars with a chance to make many millions more through endorsements, it' a very small price to pay.

2.) The Lakers aren't a playoff team but the Spurs are? I got news for you, if Leonard doesn't come back, the Spurs probably aren"'t a playoff team either. Oh, and Magic isn't bound by loyalty and he's not afraid to spend other people's money to build a contender. Bring in a Super Star like Leonard and watch how many players will want to play in LA.

3.) When was the last time advertising dollars flew to San Antonio? Those HEB commercials are cute, cuddly and chalk full of bad acting but they don't pay much.

4.) For all the things you mentioned, why do you think it is so hard for the Spurs to convince other star players to play here? I know it's awfully tempting play with the likes of Bertsns, Laughverne, Paddy, Forbes, a stat padding Diva who needs his touches, and a political coach with a rest and minute restriction schtik. Unfortunately, star players want to play. Come on man, the only thing the Spurs have going for them is no taxes and that alone isn't going to cut it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21' 1st.*

In the hypothetical that Kawhi only gives LAL the guarantee and that they're the only trade partner, then that's the worst I'd accept.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Throw in Danny Green and the bar of soap.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's arguably less than they got for Griffin. If you want a team that needs a guarantee, Boston would be more likely.
    The Clippers wouldn't need a guarantee, IMO. Jerry West is a HUGE fan of Kawhi, and I'd trust him to convince Kawhi to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don't even want to watch the team when they are firmly in the playoff race. They damned sure aren't going to watch a tanking Spurs team, despite what all the people who are pushing for a completely bottom-out seem to think.
    That's not a bad plan you propose. I already posited that they really can't afford to tank if they are losing money. If they were to add a really exciting young prospect to their vet and young players they have now, maybe that even attracts some recalcitrant fans that don't want to renew annual season tickets. One could argue all this uncertainty with the injury, the fact there doesn't appear to be a reprieve, and there are really no timelines are worse for morale than adding some nice lottery talent and seeing them develop... I mean nothing is guaranteed. The best thing would be for none of this to have happened, Kiwi to be healthy and for everything to be merry again... but that is not the way the river and their pebbles are swaying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like Ka-bye. Amirite guise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Srs tho, who can blame him?

Thread Information