My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, this makes me miss the out of Timmy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does the source say about him playing this year?

This year has sucked but if he plays this year I don’t think any team would want to play us first round..but if he doesn’t?? We’re obviously ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.) When your making millions of dollars with a chance to make many millions more through endorsements, it' a very small price to pay.

2.) The Lakers aren't a playoff team but the Spurs are? I got news for you, if Leonard doesn't come back, the Spurs probably aren"'t a playoff team either. Oh, and Magic isn't bound by loyalty and he's not afraid to spend other people's money to build a contender. Bring in a Super Star like Leonard and watch how many players will want to play in LA.

3.) When was the last time advertising dollars flew to San Antonio? Those HEB commercials are cute, cuddly and chalk full of bad acting but they don't pay much.

4.) For all the things you mentioned, why do you think it is so hard for the Spurs to convince other star players to play here? I know it's awfully tempting play with the likes of Bertsns, Laughverne, Paddy, Forbes, a stat padding Diva who needs his touches, and a political coach with a rest and minute restriction schtik. Unfortunately, star players want to play. Come on man, the only thing the Spurs have going for them is no taxes and that alone isn't going to cut it.
    Out of everything you posted there... Number 2 is the one that really has weight. If he has complained about the roster and the team being unable to attract top tier talent, maybe his uncle is on his ear that a big market like LA with him in it will definitely do that. It would suck, but it's plausible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And has been in his ear all year about it.

Spurs have been pretty irritated since he took over as his manager, and the friction has to do with him sitting.

Was told this today from a pretty reliable source.

If nothing can be fixed, and if Kawhi is on his way to LA this summer, blame his uncle.
    Jalen Rose said the same thing. It was his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And has been in his ear all year about it.

Spurs have been pretty irritated since he took over as his manager, and the friction has to do with him sitting.

Was told this today from a pretty reliable source.

If nothing can be fixed, and if Kawhi is on his way to LA this summer, blame his uncle.
    Nothing fixed as in the roster or something else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers wouldn't need a guarantee, IMO. Jerry West is a HUGE fan of Kawhi, and I'd trust him to convince Kawhi to stay.
    I agree. For the price they are paying, they'd pull the trigger without Kawhi saying he'd stay for sure. Not only did it seem to work for George and OKC, but they also have their history with CP3. If Kawhi wants to be in LA, LAC will be good enough for him. I doubt he'd pass up a Bird-max with his injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically what I've been trying to say minus the L.A part. His uncle has a huge influence on him not playing. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the rest of the season. He has become sort of a cancer to the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does his re ed uncle not want him to play?

This is not the news I wanted to hear. Sounds like his uncle is a pain in the ass. He's going to end up ruining Kawhi's career.

I know Kawhi is a hard worker, but if he didn't land on the Spurs, I'm not sure he becomes the player he became last season. If Kawhi's uncle wants to be that disrespectful to the Spurs, then that piece of .

Also, if Kawhi doesn't like the roster and wanted out, he should have gone to the front office and communicated with them during free agency. Not sit around on his ass with his mouth shut.

How about Nash. He was playing well with what now seems like the phoenix miracle medical staff compared to the LA medical staff that couldn't even barely get him on the court.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-16-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't trust Spurs medical staff. They became upset with how they handled his quad injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a bad plan you propose. I already posited that they really can't afford to tank if they are losing money. If they were to add a really exciting young prospect to their vet and young players they have now, maybe that even attracts some recalcitrant fans that don't want to renew annual season tickets. One could argue all this uncertainty with the injury, the fact there doesn't appear to be a reprieve, and there are really no timelines are worse for morale than adding some nice lottery talent and seeing them develop... I mean nothing is guaranteed. The best thing would be for none of this to have happened, Kiwi to be healthy and for everything to be merry again... but that is not the way the river and their pebbles are swaying.
    I think Harris and Aldridge could be a good duo for a bottom-bracket playoff team, especially if the team can get an impact guard with cap space. There are a couple of guys in the middle of the first that I'd be interested in, so I wouldn't be shocked if the team did well recouping value. Obviously, the chance they would be able to replace Kawhi that would is absurdly small. But it could give them three high-upside players (including Murray) and a guy who seems like he can take you to 50 wins if he can get just a bit of consistent help. It'd definitely consider the team watchable, even if the shock of literally having no hope at a le would be pretty intense. It's better that watching old and broken-down players like we're seeing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't trust Spurs medical staff. They became upset with how they handled his quad injury.
    This is so dumb. The same crew that got TP back? Also, they don't think sa wanted to protect their best asset?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it stems from that? Does Kawhi not know the Lakers ed Karl Malone in the 2004 season with a misdiagnosis on his his knee injury and gave him the wrong rehab treatment? He re-injured that same knee again later in the season because it wasn't strong enough and it pretty much caused him to retire.

How good did Kobe look returning from his achilles injury? In this modern age, he had one of the worst returns from a major injury that I've seen.

How about Dwight Howard? He went from a top 5-10 player before joining the Lakers, to looking like a former star that turned into a washed up scrub overnight after dealing with the Lakers medical staff for a whole season.

Kawhi and his uncle are ing re s if they think LA has a better medical staff than the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically what I've been trying to say minus the L.A part. His uncle has a huge influence on him not playing. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play the rest of the season. He has become sort of a cancer to the team.
    I have to give it to you Mo. You called this a few weeks ago... It still hasn't materialized but him not playing won't make these rumors and unease go away. We have to believe it was Kiwi's camp with the leaks in the first place, and maybe his uncle wanted to have his "Lavar" moment in getting interviewed about his nephew and such... who knows? it wasn't to the Spurs benefit that all these leaks were coming out.... that was Kiwi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've been told Kawhi is really is not all here "mentally" with the team. He's sorta checked out. The Spurs have tried to get him engaged with the team, but it hasn't worked. I hope something turns around and they can make it work. I really do. The Spurs want things to get better with him. Apparently his uncle has been in his ear more lately and is a big part of this whole issue. The Spurs will trade him if things don't get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was you who was talking about it possibly being degenerative, then I could see why they'd be so upset/desperate. Kawhi could sit this season and next and still get a decent contract. If he comes back and fails each of the next two years, he won't get anything other than a one-year deal going forward. Could have a Brandon Roy-like end to his career. The issue is that he's not going to any team without a physical, so a trade likely wouldn't help his value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Harris and Aldridge could be a good duo for a bottom-bracket playoff team, especially if the team can get an impact guard with cap space. There are a couple of guys in the middle of the first that I'd be interested in, so I wouldn't be shocked if the team did well recouping value. Obviously, the chance they would be able to replace Kawhi that would is absurdly small. But it could give them three high-upside players (including Murray) and a guy who seems like he can take you to 50 wins if he can get just a bit of consistent help. It'd definitely consider the team watchable, even if the shock of literally having no hope at a le would be pretty intense. It's better that watching old and broken-down players like we're seeing now.
    There are small market teams like Indiana that refuse to tank... sure they didn't have generational talent, but they have made the playoffs and kept their fanbases engaged with their product.

OTOH look at the Magic, tank after tank and they have no generational talent either and their teams are really hopeless and unwatchable, plus you can't really get attached to your young prospects bc b4 they blossomed they are traded. I don't think Spurs would tank.

Frankly they might be doing their homework early... even if Kiwi isn't traded bc IMO I believe if Pop patched things up with LMA, he has to have hope in his old merry head that he can patch whatever up with Kiwi (perhaps his personality and the uncle meddling in make it impossible... he doesn't form bonds and is very detached so it's tough to say)... anyways, I still think they make the playoffs but they are one additional injury away from totally falling off and picking in the late lottery anyways. There are things they can do in this draft if Kiwi doesn't come back and they fall out of playoff contention anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs want picks and/or up and coming star

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it stems from that? Does Kawhi not know the Lakers ed Karl Malone in the 2004 season with a misdiagnosis on his his knee injury and gave him the wrong rehab treatment? He re-injured that same knee again later in the season because it wasn't strong enough and it caused him to retire.

How good did Kobe look returning from his achilles injury? In this modern age, he had one of the worst returns from a major injury that I've seen.

How about Dwight Howard? He went from a top 5-10 player before joining the Lakers, to looking like a former star that turned into a washed up scrub overnight after dealing with the Lakers medical staff for a whole season.

Kawhi and his uncle are ing re s if they think LA has a better medical staff than the Spurs.
    There's more to it than how the Spurs handled the quad ( I honestly think its crutch to fall back on or an excuse as an out for Kawhis' camp).

Kawhi and his family are from Riverside (which is 35-40 miles from LA). He grew up a huge Lakers and Kobe fan.

I was just told that Kawhi's Uncle has been in Kawhis' ear all year about going to LA and Spurs are pretty pissed about it, because it seems like Kawhi has bought in to what his Uncle has been advertising. From what I got from the conversation, Spurs have been irritated and would rather him sit out until he either gets traded or til he's mentally committed to the Spurs again. At same time, Kawhi is working out on his own and trying to get all the way mentally and physically back.

Other than that, all of the Spurs' doctors have cleared him and said he's fine. He's more healthy now than he was when he first came back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's had this tendonapathy since his rookie year on and off. Since he first had it in his rookie year, I don't think the Spurs have had anything to do with it at all. They've given him more rest than I think he should have ever gotten up to this point in his career. It's not on the Spurs AT ALL. That's on Kawhi and his own body.

How many other Spurs players and legends have had this while playing with the Spurs? Tim had tendonsis, not sure if that's the same thing, but he didn't seem to have a problem playing with that for 10+ years. So either Kawhi's a pussy that can't or won't play with any pain, or he's trying to blame the Spurs for his own body breaking down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs would have traded Kawhi this season no matter what. As I mentioned, they'll want to be able to pick their compensation rather than taking picks. Insofar as LAC is in on this, knowing what they're getting is crucial. The reason why I'd think Phoenix has the edge over Boston is because PATFO apparently really wanted Josh Jackson (though I'm assuming that was part of a Kyrie trade more than anything). The Suns also have a number of decent front-court prospects and a high pick in a draft where there are several top-notch big-man prospects at the top. They might be able to parlay this trade into the second and third pieces of a new "Bigish Three". Unless PATFO really likes Tatum and Brown a lot, I don't see why they'd deal with Boston, who can't offer salary relief and has little in the way of immediate picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's more to it than how the Spurs handled the quad ( I honestly think its crutch to fall back on or an excuse as an out for Kawhis' camp).

Kawhi and his family are from Riverside (which is 35-40 miles from LA). He grew up a huge Lakers and Kobe fan.

I was just told that Kawhi's Uncle has been in Kawhis' ear all year about going to LA and Spurs are pretty pissed about it, because it seems like Kawhi has bought in to what his Uncle has been advertising. From what I got from the conversation, Spurs have been irritated and would rather him sit out until he either gets traded or til he's mentally committed to the Spurs again. At same time, Kawhi is working out on his own and trying to get all the way mentally and physically back.

Other than that, all of the Spurs' doctors have cleared him and said he's fine. He's more healthy now than he was when he first came back.
    Well, I don't know what to say, if he's supposedly cleared, I can't believe he's not playing.

The Kobe thing is weird, because if Kawhi is that big of a fan of Kobe's, why hasn't he worked out with him during any of the summers/off-seasons? You'd think they would have made that happen by now, especially on the Lakers side so that they could get Kobe to do some recruiting at the same time.

Is it possible that Magic Johnson has been contacting his uncle and getting his uncle in Kawhi's ear about going to LA, then his uncle is relaying that on to Kawhi?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This. Spurs had/have permission to pull off the trade. It's up to the front office and Pop on whether they actually do it. Again I hope all this dies down and he returns to playing basketball and the Spurs winning. To me winning cures almost everything. .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't know what to say, if he's supposedly cleared, I can't believe he's not playing.

The Kobe thing is weird, because if Kawhi is that big of a fan of Kobe's, why hasn't he worked out with him during any of the summers/off-seasons? You'd think they would have made that happen by now, especially on the Lakers side so that they could get Kobe to do some recruiting at the same time.

Is it possible that Magic Johnson has been contacting his uncle and getting his uncle in Kawhi's ear about going to LA, then his uncle is relaying that on to Kawhi?
    I wouldn't doubt this. Magic is dirty like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Spurs had/have permission to pull off the trade. It's up to the front office and Pop on whether they actually do it. Again I hope all this dies down and he returns to playing basketball and the Spurs winning. To me winning cures almost everything. .
    What do you mean by that? Who did they have permission from? Kawhi's camp, or do you mean they've had permission from the ownership group to trade him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ownership

Thread Information