Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I take it ownership hasn't been happy with him sitting out.

On Kawhi's end, would he want to be traded to a team that is not in LA? It sounds like the only team he wants to go to is LA, so I wonder if he'd rather stay on the Spurs than get traded to another team that isn't LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told all this right before the trade deadline.

It just confirmed what I've always thought. The Spurs responses to the media when it asked about Kawhi was always strange. They never talked about the injury really. Just always basically said, he'll play when "he's" ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have confirmed this with Wojtek sadly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm the Spurs I trade him to the team gives them the best package in return. Forget what he wants or where he wants to go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what Kawhi wants if he is determined to go to the Lakers, I was just curious what the Spurs would do if it's the Lakers only that he demands to be traded to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want this to blow over and return to winning basketball games. If not though I've been preparing for Spurs basketball without Kawhi. If it comes to him being traded I really hope they get back quality young players and high draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what Kawhi wants if he is determined to go to the Lakers, I was just curious what the Spurs would do if it's the Lakers only that he demands to be traded to.
    If he does that then he is seriously devaluing himself and doing the Spurs dirty. He'd be presenting the Spurs with the Paul George scenario - only worse.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.
    Dont sign and keep. Sign and trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t this the exact sort of thing “culture” is supposed to prevent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for cultcha.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That "culture" requires him to drag some useless midgets along while putting up with President Snow's constant ing about President Trump. Can't blame Kawhi for checking out mentally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would, too; however, the problem is that most every team would know that he was likely just a rental. It would need to be a sign-for-the-supermax-and-trade deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Fathead’s dad crying on Twitter last week about his son needing to leave to showcase his talents elsewhere, every er nowadays is a Lavar Ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No but srsly, I thought Kawhi listened to Pop talk about MLK, went to the Hayden planetarium, and stared in a HEB commercial about “select” churros. Why is this happening?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue Jeff McDonald/let someone else have their turn with Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.
    Yep, this, without a doubt. We'll know by summer's end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Fathead’s dad crying on Twitter last week about his son needing to leave to showcase his talents elsewhere, every er nowadays is a Lavar Ball.
    Only place Kyle can be come a 20 point 8 rebounds 8 assist player is in China.

Here in the NBA, he's a high end role player at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see he's surrounded with smart people

This ship is sinking faster than the anic. From roster construction, to an alcoholic front office, a shaky ownership, and to fat lazy fans
    Dude, you sound like a jaded girlfriend. It's transparent. It's sad. It's pathetic.

Either strap on a set and support the team or get bent, because reading your hurt feelers page after page is ing annoying. Capiche?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [IMG]http://image.newsinc.com/26905558.sfxl.jpg?resize=600:*[/IMG]

public enemy #1 ??

http://video.mysanantonio.com/Dennis...Story-26905558

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he goes to LA he'll be AIDS too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understand all the sarcasm about culture.. but based on the perception of the two sources here... no remaking of this roster would make him change his mind. He wants to go home, he has family close in LA... etc. Now Jabari Young's tweet makes sense about Kiwi's family being his real family and not having that same feeling about PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so dumb. The same crew that got TP back? Also, they don't think sa wanted to protect their best asset?
    Yeah, I don't get this supposed rumor one bit.

Actually, none of what's happened with Kawhi has made sense since they announced in the fall that he would miss camp for awhile. Now here we are 70% of the way through the season, and we've barely seen him on the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much is he leaving on the table if he walks? His extension I read would be 5 years and $217 million ...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wouldn't blame kawhi for wanting to leave.

if he goes to la hopefully it's the clippers. despite their ty logo/uniforms, dumb fans. lou williams + healthy kawhi/gallo/deandre with whatever jerry west has in mind would be cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was you who was talking about it possibly being degenerative, then I could see why they'd be so upset/desperate. Kawhi could sit this season and next and still get a decent contract. If he comes back and fails each of the next two years, he won't get anything other than a one-year deal going forward. Could have a Brandon Roy-like end to his career. The issue is that he's not going to any team without a physical, so a trade likely wouldn't help his value.
    The only thing that will recoup his value is for him to perform on the court for more than nine games.

Thread Information