Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understand all the sarcasm about culture.. but based on the perception of the two sources here... no remaking of this roster would make him change his mind. He wants to go home, he has family close in LA... etc. Now Jabari Young's tweet makes sense about Kiwi's family being his real family and not having that same feeling about PATFO.
    Also, LMA's extension now makes a ton of sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, LMA's extension now makes a ton of sense.
    absolutely as well as that billboard influencing him that the city wanted him back. I know some guys want to burn it all to and trade everyone (it is spurstalk after all) but Spurs cannot afford to truly tank business wise. There are so many teams in the league that a tank cannot help, look at Phoenix, Magic etc... Even with a decent job in the draft the Lakers are still not a playoff team after 4 or so years and so on... you get nothing guaranteed. If you aren't compe ive you also cannot attract veteran FA to complement your young guys, look at SAC and even 76ers they had to overpay roleplayers (Lakers had to do it too)... the Knicks.. etc. so it does make sense.

Hopefully they can make all this work, but if they can't I expect a retooling and them to reload with picks etc... but won't blow it all up. They have to remain compe ive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hang on, so you guys think the Leonard is out of here? These rumours are true. And for some reason, the Spurs are protecting him even though he wants out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been really skeptical.. I had been more worried than not that Kiwi's quad tendonitis was turning out to be Tiago's calf... and that line of thinking.

For the first time, I am starting to think there's really something going on... (much like Lamarcus being disgruntled back in the day, I didn't believe it from just one source, but over time it was coming in from many different sources.. it turned out to be true).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely as well as that billboard influencing him that the city wanted him back. I know some guys want to burn it all to and trade everyone (it is spurstalk after all) but Spurs cannot afford to truly tank business wise. There are so many teams in the league that a tank cannot help, look at Phoenix, Magic etc... Even with a decent job in the draft the Lakers are still not a playoff team after 4 or so years and so on... you get nothing guaranteed. If you aren't compe ive you also cannot attract veteran FA to complement your young guys, look at SAC and even 76ers they had to overpay roleplayers (Lakers had to do it too)... the Knicks.. etc. so it does make sense.

Hopefully they can make all this work, but if they can't I expect a retooling and them to reload with picks etc... but won't blow it all up. They have to remain compe ive.
    I wonder what impact the loss of Kawhi (if it comes to pass) will have on PATFO. Would ownership see that as a sign they needed to move on from Pop? Conversely, would Pop see that as a "good" time to move on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what impact the loss of Kawhi (if it comes to pass) will have on PATFO. Would ownership see that as a sign they needed to move on from Pop? Conversely, would Pop see that as a "good" time to move on?
    Speculation... but losing Kiwi might prompt Pop to retire. He wanted to retire when Duncan did allegedly and Kiwi and Lamarcus kept him engaged enough to stay... but obviously speculation on my part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than that, all of the Spurs' doctors have cleared him and said he's fine. He's more healthy now than he was when he first came back.
    I have been really skeptical.. I had been more worried than not that Kiwi's quad tendonitis was turning out to be Tiago's calf... and that line of thinking.

For the first time, I am starting to think there's really something going on... (much like Lamarcus being disgruntled back in the day, I didn't believe it from just one source, but over time it was coming in from many different sources.. it turned out to be true).
    I've been saying that he's faking it. People keep getting offended when I say that because Kawhi is the best player on our favorite team, so he would never do such a thing!

But sometimes a man will take extreme measures to get what he wants. And it appears he wants out.

Tendinopathy my ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying that he's faking it. People keep getting offended when I say that because Kawhi is the best player on our favorite team, so he would never do such a thing!

But sometimes a man will take extreme measures to get what he wants. And it appears he wants out.

Tendinopathy my ass!
    I sincerely hope you are wrong, but if you’re right I think he will have done irreparable damage to his carreer and legacy. I’ll keep holding on to the hope he’s injured and is anxious to return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sincerely hope you are wrong, but if you’re right I think he will have done irreparable damage to his carreer and legacy. I’ll keep holding on to the hope he’s injured and is anxious to return.
    That is the only thing I want to believe, but I'm really starting to waver with all this speculation and information from unconfirmed sources coming out, I just don't know anymore.
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-17-2018 at 02:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the only thing I want to believe, but I'm really starting to waiver with all this speculation and information from unconfirmed sources coming out, I just don't know anymore.
    I’m with ya about not knowing anymore because we are being given no reassurances that things are going to be alright. For my mental health I’m going to ignore the speculation and hope he returns with something to prove, if only to show his value and that he’s 100% healthy. I get the waivering too...believe me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue Jeff McDonald/let someone else have their turn with Kawhi
    Wow..damn that guy is a cuckload. Does he also say let someone else have a turn on his wife

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow..damn that guy is a cuckload. Does he also say let someone else have a turn on his wife
    lol. Someone should send that to him via twitter or something. I'd like to see if he has the same opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty simple: if he signs the the SuperMax this summer, we have nothing to worry about. If he declines, he's being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what happens in the summer, I’d like to find out what’s happening now and this season. If Kawhi isn’t doing everything possible to return then it’s a whole different thing. He’s only played 9 games this season. Whether a trade is imminent, or not, it shouldn’t affect his obligation to come back and play if healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what happens in the summer, I’d like to find out what’s happening now and this season. If Kawhi isn’t doing everything possible to return then it’s a whole different thing. He’s only played 9 games this season. Whether a trade is imminent, or not, it shouldn’t affect his obligation to come back and play if healthy.
    This. Can I buy that he wants out? Maybe....

Can I buy that he doesn't want to play this season? Not really... He could be pissed at the whole world, but you'd think he wouldn't want to give up a year. And if he were, and it was that obvious, Pop and RC would have traded him before the deadline

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t read this thread and not think in Bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi's Uncle big Zeppelin fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's zero reason why Boston would trade for Kawhi. They have Hayward locked in for three more years and two players they really liked on rookie deals. If Gordon were healthy and just not clicking, maybe. But they are almost certainly more inclined to see what they already have than make any substantial change at the wing. By far, the best thing PATFO can do is wait until the draft and pick their own guy. LAC has two picks in the lottery this season. Neither is great, but that doesn't matter if they guys PATFO want fall to them. I have no idea at all whom that would be (don't even have DX anymore to check prospects out), but if someone they think can be a really good player is there, those picks plus Harris for Kawhi and Patty and/or Pau could easily outclass a Boston deal. There are others too, like a deal with Phoenix (who could have two lottery picks themselves including the a top-three pick).

The Spurs could have a young group with Murray and the haul from the deal with the potential additions of guys like Anderson, Bertans and Milutinov. They'd also still have a vet core of Parker, Green and Aldridge to keep the team watchable. Finally, they'd have no bad salary on their books going forward and a legit chance to FINALLY fix their weaknesses at the guard spots. That feels like a much better prognosis than trading for Boston's guys and then hoping to be bad enough to get a real star in the lottery. People don't even want to watch the team when they are firmly in the playoff race. They damned sure aren't going to watch a tanking Spurs team, despite what all the people who are pushing for a completely bottom-out seem to think.
    When you have a chance to get a top 3 player in the league, you do it. Boston would take Kawhi in a heartbeat if presented the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi then. If he wants to leave the spurs... then freaking play so that he can get us some value in a trade. Bye Felicia!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting worked up over nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs talk for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no "nothing" at this point. Either Kawhi is still injured or he's not but not playing anyway. Both scenarios warrant a -ton of concern.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no "nothing" at this point. Either Kawhi is still injured or he's not but not playing anyway. Both scenarios warrant a -ton of concern.
    He's talking about the Kawhi leaving.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sources are better than OPs. Kawhi is not even remotely thinking of leaving the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will have $219 million reasons to stay with the Spurs. He can still live in LA in the offseason and get his super max contract.

Thread Information