My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ain't heard?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely believe the Russians engaged in Internet activitydesigned to sow discord in this country including inflammatory racial, sexual, and political motives. I firmly believe they put false statements out about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, statements designed to lie and magnify concerning racial tension.

Bottom line: A very easy way to create problems Thais cheap, easy, and far different from militaristic, is disinformation. It's a perfect way to screw with any democratic nation that has free boards like this one. And it's very effective.

I do not believe this disinformation led to Donald Trump"s victory.

Further I believe there are ongoing efforts to undermine private and public financial systems that are very costly. I could continue with this but when we see all the information later, we will have a more thorough picture. Patience and rational thinking required.

So what is every charge for every Russian involved that played these games above and more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it's very effective.

A recent meta analysis of numerous forms of campaign persuasion, including in person canvassing and mail, find that bots and their average effect on election is ZERO. Field experiments testing the effects of online ads on political candidates and issues have also found null effects. Their votes are shaped by fundamental factors like which party they typically support and how they view the state of the economy. "Fake News" and bots are likely to have vastly smaller effects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A recent meta analysis of numerous forms of campaign persuasion, including in person canvassing and mail, find that bots and their average effect on election is ZERO. Field experiments testing the effects of online ads on political candidates and issues have also found null effects. Their votes are shaped by fundamental factors like which party they typically support and how they view the state of the economy. "Fake News" and bots are likely to have vastly smaller effects.
    Research link?

Emoticon frustration activated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't think it shifted the election but others do.
    When another country even engages in this activity with a democratic nation the law has been broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent.

An opinion that says may not have changed people's minds.
    I stated that I personally thought it did not win Trump the election.

Did you see anything about Russian bots?

Well if you did, that is illegal.
    If we can find out who is behind this they need to be charged.
    Agreed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can find out who is behind this they need to be charged.
    Agreed?
    We already know who paid for the Steele Dossier. Not really a matter of if, but when we find out imo Everyone is waiting on Sessions to pull the trigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested in prosecuting Russians for exercising their right to free speech.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Research link?

Emoticon frustration activated.
    And I don't think it shifted the election but others do.
    When another country even engages in this activity with a democratic nation the law has been broken.
    It's desperation either way. It's the world wide web, not the American web. Foreign actors are gonna express opinions that the Democrats don't like. The FBI is doing amateur hour right now and exposing themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already know who paid for the Steele Dossier. Not really a matter of if, but when we find out imo Everyone is waiting on Sessions to pull the trigger.
    Nothing to do with my contentions thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to do with my contentions thank you.
    Your contentions are nonsense, thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's desperation either way. It's the world wide web, not the American web. Foreign actors are gonna express opinions that the Democrats don't like. The FBI is doing amateur hour right now and exposing themselves.
    Uhhhh... When a government pays for bots to interfere with an American election a law has been broken.

Expressing opinions my ass.
    Look at the article Chris posted. Do you see Russian bots.
    And it's also not illegal to access both public and private financial programs?
    Sure thing.

This is such a sorry argument. Individuals expressing their opinion by hacking a bank account...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhhhh... When a government pays for bots to interfere with an American election a law has been broken.

Expressing opinions my ass.
    Look at the article Chris posted. Do you see Russian bots.
    And it's also not illegal to access both public and private financial programs?
    Sure thing.

This is such a sorry argument. Individuals expressing their opinion by hacking a bank account...
    Dunno the specifics of "public and private financial programs." But Deputy head citing "information warfare" as if it's a crime is just sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your contentions are nonsense, thank you.

I absolutely believe the Russian government paid for and engaged in Internet activity designed to sow discord in this country including inflammatory racial, sexual, and political motives. I firmly believe they had programs designed to put false statements out about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, statements designed to lie and magnify concerning racial tension.

Bottom line: A very easy way to create problems This is cheap, easy, and far different from militaristic, is government sponsored disinformation. It's a perfect way to screw with any democratic nation that has free boards like this one. And it's very effective.

I do not believe this government sanctioned disinformation led to Donald Trump"s victory.

Further I believe there are ongoing efforts to undermine private and public financial systems that are very costly. I could continue with this but when we see all the information later, we will have a more thorough picture. Patience and rational thinking required.

What do you not believe about the above and why? What have you read that disputes that the Russian government did NOT engage in the activity and more, mentioned above?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno the specifics of "public and private financial programs." But Deputy head citing "information warfare" as if it's a crime is just sad.
    Because it is, as it is created, paid for, put in place and executed by a foreign government.

Russia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely believe the Russian government paid for and engaged in Internet activity designed to sow discord in this country including inflammatory racial, sexual, and political motives. I firmly believe they had programs designed to put false statements out about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, statements designed to lie and magnify concerning racial tension.
    Cool - show me some proof.

Bottom line: A very easy way to create problems This is cheap, easy, and far different from militaristic, is government sponsored disinformation. It's a perfect way to screw with any democratic nation that has free boards like this one. And it's very effective.
    Already been disproven above, unless you had something to back this up besides wild 'contentions'.

I do not believe this government sanctioned disinformation led to Donald Trump"s victory.
    This destroys your 'very effective' theory. I think this is you hedging your bets.

Cool theory - again I would like to see some proof.

What do you not believe about the above and why? What have you read that disputes that the Russian government did NOT engage in the activity and more, mentioned above?
    I don't believe much of anything that you say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should be more concerned with China and their influence on our schools.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wow, you guys are shook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't believe me.
    My sources are the WSJ, WaPo, NYTimes, The Guardian, Der Spiegel, Foreign Affairs. All have basically stated what I stated to you. So go type in my contentions and go to these papers links.

Now its your turn. You give me what you have read. You gave me the NY times opinion that questions whether voters were moved. Fine. That's not my contention. Give me your papers so I can type in the appropriate phrase to show the Russians were not involved in what I stated and explain how others got it so wrong. I look forward to finding what motivated 6 worldwide publications to lie about the Russians planning, funding and implementation of these programs.

I will do the leg work, you give me your reading material. Go.
    Name your papers/publications.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you got to admit that collusion whatanothing burger is delicious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you got to admit that collusion whatanothing burger is delicious.
    I never believed Trump was good enough or trustworthy enough for the Russians to ever attempt to work with him on electing him. They are too smart to try something this difficult IMO. Just create chaos in belief systems and put out exaggerated or flat out false stuff is much easier and makes so much more sense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it is, as it is created, paid for, put in place and executed by a foreign government.

Russia.
    Russians are committing crimes against Americans all the time. Prosecuting those crimes and conflating them with "information warfare," which is not a crime is just sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, you guys are shook
    When one cannot even mention their own reading material?
    TSA actually put it up. It got slammed, which is a understandable if you use one source that is whacked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never believed Trump was good enough or trustworthy enough for the Russians to ever attempt to work with him on electing him. They are too smart to try something this difficult IMO. Just create chaos in belief systems and put out exaggerated or flat out false stuff is much easier and makes so much more sense.
    But whats the point of such fake news like the collusion, and the 13 Russians indicted while Chelsea Manning is free.

Thread Information