Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This further exemplifies how great of a teammate Tim was. He never complained and was coachable. Tony and Manu were around that their whole careers. Ultimately the organization will have to adjust to what the actual landscape of the NBA is, which unfortunately a lot times is, “I need to get mine.”
    you are absolutely correct, and I do not know if Popovich has the ability to adapt or even has the will to do so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna listen to it soon. I have a feeling people are making a fuss about nothing again tho
    It's Spurstalk. Blaming ST for being alarmist is like blaming a hurricane for being windy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you guys listen to the interview? Pau, like Manu and any other player who has won Championships or competed at a high-level, indicated that he was more comfortable "starting" because that is what he has done his whole career. Yeah, there is a certain sense of arrogance and confidence there but that's what you have to have at this level.

He also said that he's a professional and will do what the coaches want him to do. He clearly isn't what he used to be but I don't think its fair to judge this team when its best player has only been on the floor for 9 games. The lineups are whack, coaching decisions don't seem to make sense and the lack of talent makes them hard to watch.

Put a difference maker like Kawhi on the floor and everything changes. We're probably talking about how Pau's overall game, passing ability and basketball smarts are a perfect fit. It's all jacked up right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should trade him and Mills for some other team's mishandled contracts this summer. The Spurs are going to overhaul this summer I hope.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Spurstalk. Blaming ST for being alarmist is like blaming a hurricane for being windy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This dude came in 2 years ago, has lost his role twice and is complaining.. he got a loyalty deal he didn't deserve. man Tim was special.
    This is what upsets me the most. The man rejected the Spurs when he really could have contributed, he joins years later on a nice deal, only plays 62 games last season, loses his starting spot to Dedmon, then waited a month while chilling in Spain - oh no!!!!!! - while the Spurs tried to make plays in the FA market, the Spurs let Dedmon walk...Then Pau gets a loyalty deal?

And he's still complaining?

Loyalty!!!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine Pop's response when Pau walks in and demands the trade vs LMA.. "You work a deal with a NY for a Joakim Noah and I'll pack your bags and fly you to the airport too"
    God Noah would be even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Major overreacting here. Pau already took a bench role last year and resigned knowing the drill. Truly a non issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend this podcast if you like that medium. Jabari is very plugged in with players specially and he's very frank. This podcast has the actual interview that he got from Pau Gasol. There's no hearsay here. In no uncertain terms he lets it be known that he would rather be strating.

Pau is a pro. Of course he says he will do want Pop says, but you can tell he's not happy about it. Jabari asked him whether Tony agreeing to come off the bench gracefully helps him in making that transition and he is hesitant saying "I guess" but what he means in reality is no, not really. He says the assignment to the bench was a surprise and he asked Pop about it and Pop said that it isn't permanent, but at the same time there's no certainty and things are in flux, so he hopes to get his role back. He doesn't really agree that he needs to come off the bench.

He also said he's a professional and he will do whatever the coach wants. Him saying that is a requirement of being a pro. It's the fact you can perceive him being in disagreement that he needed to keep on the down low. I like that he was candid and sincere, you can perceive how uncertain the situation is for everyone right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what upsets me the most. The man rejected the Spurs when he really could have contributed, he joins years later on a nice deal, only plays 62 games last season, loses his starting spot to Dedmon, then waited a month while chilling in Spain - oh no!!!!!! - while the Spurs tried to make plays in the FA market, the Spurs let Dedmon walk...Then Pau gets a loyalty deal?

And he's still complaining?

Loyalty!!!
    Pau got the deal cause he opted out to give us flexibility in FA. People still don't know this? It sucks in hindsight but he did us a solid to at least try and possibly take less if needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully him and Patty are moved this summer.

Every smart basketball mind on twitter that isn't a writer first, saw how terrible both deals were.

98 million over 3-4 years. Incredible.
    Isnt he leading spurs in apg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is as big of a non-issue as there could be. Gasol shouldn't be on the bench. He doesn't help them. By far his biggest value is his synergy with Aldridge. Without being able to score, his offensive capabilities don't jive with a second unit. And Pau's a HoFer, so this talk like he has no place compared to Tony is ridiculous. The only reason why I don't think he can say or do whatever he wants is because of how much money he's getting paid. He should be towing the company line for that much cash. However, it's completely wasted money with Pau not sharing the court with Aldridge. If you just wanted a guy to score points off the bench, Monroe, Okafor, Z-Bo and Jefferson were cheaper.

The only reason why Pau isn't starting now is because he's not a good fit with a Murray/Anderson perimeter. Green's fine as a fit, but he's also not hitting enough to space for everyone. Bertans has to play, or else Aldridge wouldn't have any room to do anything. It's not the fault of either DeJounte or Anderson. But the team's perimeter is simply not made to support a two-big lineup, regardless of how well those bigs played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigger issue is that Gasol seems unplayable at times, between fumbling passes, being soft in the post, not finishing plays at the basket, not !moving an inch to grab a rsbound, not blocking out other bigs, passing up 3 of shots opportunities, inefficient scoring, not able to defend a PNR, not being able to close out shooters, etc.... He seems flat out unplayable. That's the bigger issue. He's basically getting hidden in the bench right now. Heavy Gasol minutes have equalled losses. Maybe he needs to look at that instead of how he feels about getting benched.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-17-2018 at 04:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, I do think he'll get back to starting if the team was fully healthy. The team would want to know if the idea they had in mind with him starting will work out with different personnel. But there's a chance he's too washed up for it to work out anyways (it already didn't work out last season let's not forget that) and you'd still need to play one of both of the guys who are starting right now, which is why he should keep quiet with stuff like this and not plant seeds of jealousy and stuff of that nature. If the situation is in flux go with it.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 02-17-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol listens to pop he wants liberals to be presidents

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is as big of a non-issue as there could be. Gasol shouldn't be on the bench. He doesn't help them. By far his biggest value is his synergy with Aldridge. Without being able to score, his offensive capabilities don't jive with a second unit. And Pau's a HoFer, so this talk like he has no place compared to Tony is ridiculous. The only reason why I don't think he can say or do whatever he wants is because of how much money he's getting paid. He should be towing the company line for that much cash. However, it's completely wasted money with Pau not sharing the court with Aldridge. If you just wanted a guy to score points off the bench, Monroe, Okafor, Z-Bo and Jefferson were cheaper.

The only reason why Pau isn't starting now is because he's not a good fit with a Murray/Anderson perimeter. Green's fine as a fit, but he's also not hitting enough to space for everyone. Bertans has to play, or else Aldridge wouldn't have any room to do anything. It's not the fault of either DeJounte or Anderson. But the team's perimeter is simply not made to support a two-big lineup, regardless of how well those bigs played.
    1. Youre right, hes the only player smart enough to pass to the open post. Not a streetball mentality.

2. Yep. Totally sucks with a pg who doent pass and clifs the lane and stands without the ball.

3. He may be a hofer but hes aged like . Hes a 7 footer that cant rebound, defend, pick, or putback. His only real use is passing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is worse than a 300 year old Oberto, looks like a rookie ting his pants, always hides behind opponents to avoid the ball and passes shots to our game.
    Has no balls no heart, all those stupid screams in the post lead to nothing.
    Im very surpised no one says nothing about this clown, one of the most negative players in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigger issue is that Gasol seems unplayable at times, between fumbling passes, being soft in the post, not finishing plays at the basket, not !moving an inch to grab a rsbound, not blocking out other bigs, passing up 3 of shots opportunities, inefficient scoring, not able to defend a PNR, not being able to close out shooters, etc.... He seems flat out unplayable. That's the bigger issue. He's basically getting hidden in the bench right now. Heavy Gasol minutes have equalled losses. Maybe he needs to look at that instead of how he feels about getting benched.
    Exactly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is worse than a 300 year old Oberto, looks like a rookie ting his pants, always hides behind opponents to avoid the ball and passes shots to our game.
    Has no balls no heart, all those stupid screams in the post lead to nothing.
    Im very surpised no one says nothing about this clown, one of the most negative players in SA.
    But he is still the best assist man spurs have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he is still the best assist man spurs have.
    That doesnt say much, most of his dumb passes lead to TOs and Spurs are #15 in apg, the whole ¨I need to pass the ball¨ thing leads to slow the game, make it predictable, indecisive and most times they need 5 passes to find an open player when you could go and score in much simpler ways.

Spurs are horrible at every Team stat #27 at PPG, #9 at rebounds. #16 at FG%,#26 at 3 pointers made, #18 at 3p%.
    #11 at FT% Chip needs to refund the team.

The apg excuse is like that Bon Bon the +/- king ¨spreads the floor¨ thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should trade him and Mills for some other team's mishandled contracts this summer. The Spurs are going to overhaul this summer I hope.
    Doubt it tbh. The priority is getting Kawhi to agree to the super max, resigning Anderson, Bertans, Gay, and Green- though I think he is most likely to be gone. Think Gasol will be on this team next season and then get stretched and waived, while Mills contract will stay on the books and look increasingly worse when the Spurs could be playing Kawhi, LMA and Mills a combines $72 million '19-'20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol listens to pop he wants liberals to be presidents
    God, you are ing stupid.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Operation Best Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't believe the Spurs paid more than 10 mil/yr for him his contract is worse than Mills

Thread Information