My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is going down the ter.

Never should have given this guy anymore than what he was owed this season, plus something like a 6M guarantee next season for him opting out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is going down the ter.

Never should have given this guy anymore than what he was owed this season, plus something like a 6M guarantee next season for him opting out.
    Hopefully him and Patty are moved this summer.

Every smart basketball mind on twitter that isn't a writer first, saw how terrible both deals were.

98 million over 3-4 years. Incredible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Gasol wanted more that what my offer was, I would have told him to take a hike. My offer would have basically been 22M for one season. That's way more than he ever should have gotten, if he wasn't happy with that, send him packing.

Also, since I'm thinking about it, one question I've always wondered about partially guaranteed contracts is - can you still keep the player? If he's due to make 16M and only has 6M guaranteed, can you just pay him 6M and still have him on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres... isn't he somewhat bold in coming out publicly with suff like this when he isn't starting?

I mean imagine Kyle, Davis, Dejounte saying something like this. In fact Dejounte was up and down the rotation and mintues wise and the most I saw him quoted as saying was that it was furstrating for him bc he knew what he could bring to the game. I even thought that was bold.. but look at this leadership.

what kind of sense do things like this create in the locker room. I don't sympathize with Kyle's dad, even though I have supported Kyle. I think his son is getting his opportunity this year and he will make whatever with it, but he got his chance... but that was his dad. Never has Kyle come in with arrogant statements of this kind.

I think Spurs are really close to being just another NBA team with their internal strifes, rivalries for minutes etc. It's becoming all unhinged.

Did Pau Gasol run Dedmon out of town? I mean you have to wonder. Is he going to run Davis out of town for taking his role. Davis is going to go back to the doghouse in a fully healthy team watch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to stop being selfish & see the bigger picture! He strengthens the bench thus makin the Spurs deeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Det culture" ...

"lemme tag 100 millions on it so it might not be gone'"

"Guys who know how to play"

You see team legends Manu/TP are falling in line, just shut the up you washed up giraffe..

What a horrible off-season the Spurs had man. On another note, Pop seems to have lost some of his grip on that locker-room..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he needs to keep those thoughts private... Tell Pop and if he doesn't agree with you, just be glad you are getting 16 million to come off the bench.

It sets a precedent for others publicly voicing whether they disagree with Pop's role for them, minutes, etc. Spurs previously kept that stuff private.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Det culture" ...

"lemme tag 100 millions on it so it might not be gone'"

"Guys who know how to play"

You see team legends Manu/TP are falling in line, just shut the up you washed up giraffe..

What a horrible off-season the Spurs had man. On another note, Pop seems to have lost some of his grip on that locker-room..
    That is hilarious.. but seriously... Tony was so graceful about losing a role he had held for how many years?

This dude came in 2 years ago, has lost his role twice and is complaining.. he got a loyalty deal he didn't deserve. man Tim was special.

These NBA divas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine Pop's response when Pau walks in and demands the trade vs LMA.. "You work a deal with a NY for a Joakim Noah and I'll pack your bags and fly you to the airport too"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau is clearly not over himself.

Send him back to LA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO tries to equate Tim & Manus culture to small niche role players like Patty or over the hill vets like Pau.

Overrated culture

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Pau's thinking, "If Kawhi can keep pulling this nonsense with no repercussions, and if we ain't a real contender, I might as well start and get mine."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to stop being selfish & see the bigger picture! He strengthens the bench thus makin the Spurs deeper.
    in fact he does not strengthen anything, he's just bad enough not to play against elite teams, on a real team he should not have time on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres... isn't he somewhat bold in coming out publicly with suff like this when he isn't starting?

I mean imagine Kyle, Davis, Dejounte saying something like this. In fact Dejounte was up and down the rotation and mintues wise and the most I saw him quoted as saying was that it was furstrating for him bc he knew what he could bring to the game. I even thought that was bold.. but look at this leadership.

what kind of sense do things like this create in the locker room. I don't sympathize with Kyle's dad, even though I have supported Kyle. I think his son is getting his opportunity this year and he will make whatever with it, but he got his chance... but that was his dad. Never has Kyle come in with arrogant statements of this kind.

I think Spurs are really close to being just another NBA team with their internal strifes, rivalries for minutes etc. It's becoming all unhinged.

Did Pau Gasol run Dedmon out of town? I mean you have to wonder. Is he going to run Davis out of town for taking his role. Davis is going to go back to the doghouse in a fully healthy team watch it.
    I haven't heard how Pau said it or if he followed with "but he'll do whatever is best for the team", but those guys don't have the resume Pau does. Now I don't think Pau should be starting, but you'd be hard pressed to find a vet with his resume that wouldn't want to continue starting after being benched.

Manu wanted to continue starting, as I'm sure TP does. But they accept it without making a fuss like many others would. Jabari commended the honesty some guys like Manu/Pau have when it comes to their interviews. There's a difference between being arrogant and a compe or. I'll have to hear the full quote honestly , this could be a case of being taken out of context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't heard how Pau said it or if he followed with "but he'll do whatever is best for the team", but those guys don't have the resume Pau does. Now I don't think Pau should be starting, but you'd be hard pressed to find a vet with his resume that wouldn't want to continue starting after being benched.

Manu wanted to continue starting, as I'm sure TP does. But they accept it without making a fuss like many others would. Jabari commended the honesty some guys like Manu/Pau have when it comes to their interviews. There's a difference between being arrogant and a compe or. I'll have to hear the full quote honestly , this could be a case of being taken out of context.
    It doesn't matter his resume. He's 37 years old and barely starting caliber. It doesn't set a good "leadership" example.
    I mentioned young guys bc they could just as well follow Gasol's example and all of them fall out of line and start talking about their ambitions how they think they should be played, minutes they should be getting, etc. That stuff is very unprofessional and inappropriate.

But I could just as well have mentioned Tony... what if he all of a sudden said he still wanted to keep starting. He may just as well not have wanted to give up his spot, he may think he still got it, but it's inappropriate for team morale for him to be spouting off that stuff. Keep that to yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter his resume. He's 37 years old and barely starting caliber. It doesn't set a good "leadership" example.
    I mentioned young guys bc they could just as well follow Gasol's example and all of them fall out of line and start talking about their ambitions how they think they should be played, minutes they should be getting, etc. That stuff is very unprofessional and inappropriate.

But I could just as well have mentioned Tony... what if he all of a sudden said he still wanted to keep starting. He may just as well not have wanted to give up his spot, he may think he still got it, but it's inappropriate for team morale for him to be spouting off that stuff. Keep that to yourself.
    Parker is a Spurs legend (such as Gervin, DRob, Manu, Timmy and Kawhi), he could talk whatever he wanted, Gasoft is a nobody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a Spurs legend (such as Gervin, DRob, Manu, Timmy and Kawhi), he could talk whatever he wanted, Gasoft is a nobody
    absolutely it's even more significant that Tony was as graceful as he was (Manu too), and makes this Gasol ego stand out in sharp contrast.

I am surprised Pop hasn't nipped this like he nipped SJAX and his ego... Pop has gone soft perhaps.

All of these guys are compe ive but it's not about that is about how it impacts the team you going public with that stuff, how it affects the young guys who are getting the starting minutes to hear a vet come out with these acid egotistical comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But did he say it in a negative way? Or did he say of course he wants to start but will do whatever is best with the team? That's the big ? For me. A simple text/quote can be taken out of context

It's really not much different from a guy who says they want more minutes. More minutes means taking minutes from a fellow teammate too. These guys are compe ors

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only are he and Fatty unplayable against the Warriors and Rockets even in reduced bench roles... this ostrich wants to start?!?!?!

Drunkford gave this guy a $48,000,000 reward for his "loyalty" despite only being here for 1 year and snubbing you 4yrs ago for the Bulls

Those two contracts look worse by the day, which is an impossible task within itself. Jesus Christ we're ed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone actually listen to the podcast to hear what he said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone actually listen to the podcast to hear what he said?
    I'm gonna listen to it soon. I have a feeling people are making a fuss about nothing again tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol has had a pretty good year this season, and he should start against most teams. Problem is, we don't have anyone worthy coming off the bench as a center. Pop pulled him a few games ago for Bertans. But really, I think it is for Kyle. If we have Leonard back, having Kyle at the 4 provides options starting and in the second unit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This further exemplifies how great of a teammate Tim was. He never complained and was coachable. Tony and Manu were around that their whole careers. Ultimately the organization will have to adjust to what the actual landscape of the NBA is, which unfortunately a lot times is, “I need to get mine.”

Thread Information