Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Should've won with double-tap rather than the imitation of VC's dunk.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The double tap was a imitation of one of Dwight's dunks, though. Dennis Smith Jr. actually got robbed. How the did this lose to a bunch of lame tribute dunks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Wahlberg was a judge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not a 360 btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the dunk contest is lame with all the props and tributes. I'm with CN, that contest was crap other than Smith's dunk, which was pretty impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The contest is played out. It’s like Hollywood movies now, reboot after reboot after reboot. No creativity at all. How in the world can a worse version of a dunk 18 years ago by a player from a different team with no apparent relationship to the dunker get you a le?

With all the supposed huge leaps in athleticism and shooting prowess they claim exist in today’s nba, we are sure not seeing any of that in these contests. Nique, drexler, Webb, kemp, miner, Jordan, walker, carter all run circles around these dunkers, and that’s before they allow all these stupid props. Really he only two dunkers that were of any significance in the contest was D12 and Gordon.

As for three point shooting, it was an assault to the eyes. 9 points with an entire rack of money balls? Why aren’t these guys making all of the shots? Kerr, Hodges and bird had comparable shooting back in the day before threes were such a huge part of the offence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes a boring stiff tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The contest is played out. It’s like Hollywood movies now, reboot after reboot after reboot. No creativity at all. How in the world can a worse version of a dunk 18 years ago by a player from a different team with no apparent relationship to the dunker get you a le?

With all the supposed huge leaps in athleticism and shooting prowess they claim exist in today’s nba, we are sure not seeing any of that in these contests. Nique, drexler, Webb, kemp, miner, Jordan, walker, carter all run circles around these dunkers, and that’s before they allow all these stupid props. Really he only two dunkers that were of any significance in the contest was D12 and Gordon.

As for three point shooting, it was an assault to the eyes. 9 points with an entire rack of money balls? Why aren’t these guys making all of the shots? Kerr, Hodges and bird had comparable shooting back in the day before threes were such a huge part of the offence.
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since MJ's retirement "ceremony", the NBA has been self fellating every chance it gets. All these tributes to other NBA players as if to say "what a great product they had, but we have " reminds me of car manufacturers making new copies of the muscle cars and people buying into it like they now own a 68 Camaro, which is really the car companies' way of saying "we have nothing new except these cookie cutter Jetson cars".

The reason these players offer the "tribute" is because most people have no ing clue who these guys are, but they've heard of the older guys because the video has played non stop for decades.

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Man the 3 point contest was just as disappointing as the dunk contest tbh... I have no expectations of the latter these days. And the former keeps being bogged down by allowing scorers instead of pure shooters in the compe ion. Paul George wtf. If the likes of Tobias Harris could advance and hold his own, it goes to show you the NBA isn't sending its best.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tobias' 3PT% this year in actual games is better than Beal's, Lowry's, Ellington's, Booker's, and Gordon's. Not sure why people are whining about him being in the contest. At least he didn't embarrass himself like PG13 and Lowry did.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man the 3 point contest was just as disappointing as the dunk contest tbh... I have no expectations of the latter these days. And the former keeps being bogged down by allowing scorers instead of pure shooters in the compe ion. Paul George wtf. If the likes of Tobias Harris could advance and hold his own, it goes to show you the NBA isn't sending its best.
    ing around with the formats has diluted the product i like the change to selecting squads but of course nba was a big pussy and didnt televise da abd it still got out .. .
    only real issue tbh was Love over Aldridge and my guess is that was a loyalty not bpa choice ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Since MJ's retirement "ceremony", the NBA has been self fellating every chance it gets. All these tributes to other NBA players as if to say "what a great product they had, but we have " reminds me of car manufacturers making new copies of the muscle cars and people buying into it like they now own a 68 Camaro, which is really the car companies' way of saying "we have nothing new except these cookie cutter Jetson cars".The reason these players offer the "tribute" is because most people have no ing clue who these guys are, but they've heard of the older guys because the video has played non stop for decades.
    The bigger issue is that pretty much every dunk has been done already by now. And on the rare occasion when a player comes up with a pure original dunk, like DSJ did last night, they aren't rewarded for it enough. Meanwhile, lame-ass props, throwback jerseys and theatrics get extra points added on to otherwise unremarkable dunks. It's probably time to retire the dunk contest for real this time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The double tap was a imitation of one of Dwight's dunks, though. Dennis Smith Jr. actually got robbed. How the did this lose to a bunch of lame tribute dunks?

Initiation of what, the sticker dunk? Nance's was decidedly different.

It's like calling Smith's dunk (agreed it was amazing) the same as J-Rich's or PG's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Initiation of what, the sticker dunk? Nance's was decidedly different.

It's like calling Smith's dunk (agreed it was amazing) the same as J-Rich's or PG's.
    No, this one:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    When will the NBA learn that Kevin Hart isn't funny?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will the NBA learn that Kevin Hart isn't funny?
    I thought I was the only one who didn't find him funny.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    That was legitimately painful to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP Emoji voting

today's NBA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Webber creaming himself over a move that didn't even work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most underrated and amazing dunks in contest history.

Thread Information