Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice strawman, fattie. I know you need to dumb things down to such binary analysis but making such strawmen only speaks to your limitations.
    I only need to dumb them down for you. Even then, your lack of reading comprehension handicaps you.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ing Kock Bros get involved in ing school board elections, but you rightwing assholes don't think that's "crazy".
    Gonzales said when he decided to run Soros was willing to contribute and of course he would use it. Said the DA office is run horribly and that would now change. Came right out and said yep. And he would accept more if it would help clean things up.

Honesty is so strange in Trumpworld US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only need to dumb them down for you. Even then, your lack of reading comprehension handicaps you.
    Helps to explain what I failed to comprehend, fattie.

Binary is simple but outside of human constructs is seldom how things work. My point is that this is not a binary situation for all of your juvenile for tat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat Democrat turnout!

Forecast calls for huge waves of Blue!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat Democrat turnout!

det Trump endorsement got my vote on the 6th

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat Democrat turnout!

But...But the charts and projections...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for someone with no name or even known to get almost a million votes.

Without the vote splitting Beto should at least make this race compe ve.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat Democrat turnout!

I don't disagree with the conclusion of the tweet, but Ted Cruz's seat was not uncontested. The Dallas Morning News endorsed his opponent.

And if it had been uncontested, that makes it more likely that his votes would exceed total Democrat votes, not less likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with the conclusion of the tweet, but Ted Cruz's seat was not uncontested. The Dallas Morning News endorsed his opponent.

And if it had been uncontested, that makes it more likely that his votes would exceed total Democrat votes, not less likely.
    theoretically if its uncontested less people would bother showing up to the polls

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theoretically if its uncontested less people would bother showing up to the polls
    There are a bunch of other candidates and propositions to vote on at the polls. An uncontested seat just means everybody who went to vote in a party's primary will likely vote for the one person running when they get to that part of the ballot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was the only race on the ticket. That is obviously not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a bunch of other candidates and propositions to vote on at the polls. An uncontested seat just means everybody who went to vote in a party's primary will likely vote for the one person running when they get to that part of the ballot.
    Bottom line.

The red team votes.
    Bigly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was the only race on the ticket. That is obviously not the case.
    true

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TX state and Federal politicians are evidence of what a hole TX is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry I have it on good authority Texas Rs will soon be extinct just like The rest of the Rs in this country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't know it since they have the house, the senate, the supreme court, most of the governorships, plus control of most of the state legislators, plus the presidency, but conservatives are an endangered species

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry I have it on good authority Texas Rs will soon be extinct just like The rest of the Rs in this country

Dunno about that poll - I don't think Nelson is 10 points ahead of Rick Scott in Florida.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't know it since they have the house, the senate, the supreme court, most of the governorships, plus control of most of the state legislators, plus the presidency, but conservatives are an endangered species
    based demographics

but when? and the Hispanic population, which will be huge in 20 years, we don't even know how the Republican Party will evolve? And if any party has shown they can be flexible to a voting base, it's been the republicans, recently at least. We could have a stronger red team with a different set of ideas to satisfy a different base. Theoretically, this is how a democracy is supposed to work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we don't even know how the Republican Party will evolve"

the last 40 years, esp last 10 years, is a best predictor: totally, corruptly owned and operated by the oligarchy

The Dem establishment is not much better, only less obvious about it. Note the Dems supporting the Repug proposals to let BigFinance increase its risks dangerously, and with reduced oversight, which won't even be pro forma oversight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TX state and Federal politicians are evidence of what a hole TX is
    Which is why the State is growing rapidly?

Im gonna have to side with rmt on this basic idea (she will correct me if I'm wrong):

The idea that people, especially on the level of the big, take care of themselves first and foremost is a very strong idea in the US. In intimate local situations, the locals will take care of some of those in need. The churches, no matter how much you hate them, do an extraordinary amount of individual work, not just giving money, ACTION. There are still church bus groups driving to our coast to help clean up. Still! If you want to get involved to help in a particular human tragedy, you look for a church group individually. Especially if it's now passé to the press.

I firmly believe our governor should address these problems more thoroughly. Red Cross, etc... often work in concert with church groups, so in a way, he has got an out. And the local population of an area is less likely to get involved if they believe it is dangerous to do so. This is why drug problems can get way out of hand for locals. So for many tragedies, the government must take the lead. At which level? it's gotta start locally and get big enough where it gets kicked up.

imo...

Think about this. If you could convince everyone in your neighborhood to go see their local congressman concerning an issue that effected many neighborhoods? Make a list a 3 people sign up every day for two months. We the people...
    Show yourselves. Activism can work. Activism can easily defeat big anything if it's done properly.

But you don't believe in people power. Look who is president of the US. Beat a whole slew of Republican challengers and then the biggest upset of all time. Sit behind that keyboard. rmt actually did something. Totally against my preferences, but she participated. And might even be jaded by the process, but did something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for someone with no name or even known to get almost a million votes.

Without the vote splitting Beto should at least make this race compe ve.
    lol Beto

Just as the media buildup about Democratic early voting fell short, so did the party’s highly touted U.S. Senate hopeful, Rep. Robert F. “Beto” O’Rourke. National Democrats have hyped the telegenic El Paso congressman as a strong bet to upset Ted Cruz, the state’s junior senator. Mr. O’Rourke spent $4.2 million to win his primary with 62%. But he lost 103 of the state’s 254 counties to Edward Kimbrough, a retired Postal Service employee, who spent $785 and received 15%, and Sema Hernandez, who spent nothing—zero, zip, nada—and still got 24%. ( Ms. Hernandez did have a Facebook page.) Mr. Cruz received twice as many votes in his primary as Mr. O’Rourke did in his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we don't even know how the Republican Party will evolve"

the last 40 years, esp last 10 years, is a best predictor: totally, corruptly owned and operated by the oligarchy

The Dem establishment is not much better, only less obvious about it. Note the Dems supporting the Repug proposals to let BigFinance increase its risks dangerously, and with reduced oversight, which won't even be pro forma oversight.

Wish I could argue with this.

The modern GOP has morphed into the party of rich white guys, by rich white guys, and for rich white guys. Anyone else can go pound sand. The tax cut underlined that with a big swirl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought beto's numbers were quite underwhelming, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And? He still went well over the 50% threshold.

Thread Information