My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, Cruz is gonna mop the ing floor with Beto's ing ass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And? He still went well over the 50% threshold.
    And...(see rjv's post)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno about that poll - I don't think Nelson is 10 points ahead of Rick Scott in Florida.
    LOL so you're problem with the poll is not the poll itself but that a republican is not leading enough or at all against someone you dont like.

These are generic polls that have no bearing on how these races will play out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Trump visits border, Latino voters are watching and biding their time

esearchers also discovered wider-than-reported gaps in Arizona (84 percent for Clinton to 12 percent for Trump, compared to 61-31 in the exit poll); in California (83 percent for Clinton to 11 percent for Trump, compared to 71-24 in the exit poll); and in Texas (77 percent for Clinton to 18 percent for Trump, compared to 61-34 in the exit poll). The same goes for New York and Florida.

The bottom line is that, contrary to conventional wisdom, Clinton probably ran ahead of Obama among Latinos in key states, whereas Trump probably ran behind Romney. This could be part of the reason why Clinton came a lot closer to winning Arizona (3.5 percentage points) and Texas (9 percentage points) than Obama did in 2012, when he lost those two states by 9 points and 16 points, respectively. It could also be why Clinton’s margin of victory in California was 1.3 million votes larger than Obama’s.

==============================
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...out-evan-smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely outcome.

Much less certain than it might have been 2 years ago.

6 more years of new Hispanic voters, and an aging white GOP determined to alienate them? See you in six.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...out-evan-smith

Good discussion there. Realistic and data-driven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...idterms/556166

Another good analysis, with supporting data:

"In each midterm since 1994, 82 percent to 86 percent of the voters who disapproved of the in bent president voted against his party’s House candidates, exit polls found.

That effect may be even more intense under Trump because such a high proportion of those who disapprove of him do so strongly: An Election Day poll in last week’s Pennsylvania special election, for instance, found that fully 93 percent of Trump disapprovers backed Democrat Conor Lamb, the victor. In this week’s NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, 87 percent of Trump disapprovers said they intend to vote Democratic for Congress.

One group has emerged as especially alienated from the president: college-educated white women. The group ordinarily leans Democrat, but only slightly: Since 1992, Democrats have never carried more than 52 percent of their votes in House elections, and Hillary Clinton won 51 percent of them in 2016. However, this week’s NBC/WSJ poll found that 63 percent of them now disapprove of Trump and 62 percent intend to vote Democratic in November.

Even if Republicans energize their base enough to avoid the worst in November, polls are clarifying the long-term risks of welding themselves to Trump. With Millennials poised to pass the baby boom in 2018 as the largest generation of eligible voters, the NBC/WSJ survey found that two-thirds of Millennial women disapprove of Trump and nearly three-fourths intend to vote Democratic for Congress. (Democrats had a much narrower six-point lead among Millennial men."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [la la la nothing will ever change, or something like that]
    Scott Walker Is Sooooo Sad

he Blue Team had another good night of special elections. We held legislative seats in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, where Democrat Sandra Cano beat Clinton’s 2016 margin by 15%!

But the bigger deal was in Wisconsin, where Democratic-backed judge Rebecca Dallet flipped a seat on the state’s Supreme Court, beating Republican- and NRA-backed judge Michael Screnock by 12%! (When we are king, there will be no more judicial elections, which are BAD. But until then, we need to win them!) Note to Democrats: You want to beat a Republican like a rented mule? RUN AS AN ACTUAL LIBERAL!

Here are some more cool pictures from data dude G. ****** Morris at The Economist. You should follow that guy!

Read more at https://wonkette.com/632182/nice-tim...2Jpimll9d58.99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 20 or 30 years I could see Texas maybe being purple like Florida. Doubt it will ever be blue.

Make no mistake tho Cruz will mop the ing floor with Beto's ing ass sadly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 20 or 30 years I could see Texas maybe being purple like Florida. Doubt it will ever be blue.

Make no mistake tho Cruz will mop the ing floor with Beto's ing ass sadly
    I have been against everything that [Trump] has ever stood for. The selfishness, the lies, the mentality that women are just sex objects, the idea that character doesn’t matter, the idea that integrity, and being truthful, is whenever it suits you — those are all traits that I have spent my entire adult life fighting against as a military officer.”
    .. Kentucky 6th in the hissouse. Dems are running a raft of good candidates this fall.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "those are all traits that I have spent my entire adult life fighting against as a military officer.”

what a Boy Scout. His entire life has been employed by a corrupt, fraudulent, democracy-killing military

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "those are all traits that I have spent my entire adult life fighting against as a military officer.”

what a Boy Scout. His entire life has been employed by a corrupt, fraudulent, democracy-killing military
    Her. The ex-marine fighter pilot is a her, with 89 combat missions. The omission of gender was intentional on my part, for this reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. Kentucky 6th in the hissouse. Dems are running a raft of good candidates this fall.
    When the primaries come around I doubt centrist Dems who have a chance of winning in red districts will be at the forefront as much. We already have left-wing re s who want to primary Joe Manchin with some far left person in WV. Luckily the DNC is pushing good candidates with military backgrounds in red districts let's hope far left re s don't sabotage them in the primaries.

Anyways, how any of this to beto is beyond me. He's getting destroyed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her. The ex-marine fighter pilot is a her, with 89 combat missions. The omission of gender was intentional on my part, for this reason.
    doesn't matter, so it's a Girl Scout, duped into believing the military is "defending" America, rather than maintaining Imperial America's planetary hegemony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't matter, so it's a Girl Scout, duped into believing the military is "defending" America, rather than maintaining Imperial America's planetary hegemony
    Right. Should have had some pussy hat wearing tranny who wants a $15 minimum wage, free college, and UBI running in Kentucky. Would have stood a much better chance amirite?

Thread Information