My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blue state issues
    issues are an understatement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would pay money to see recorded audio and video if such existed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    issues are an understatement.
    Oh, California...What a hole with sooooooo much trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, California...What a hole with sooooooo much trash.
    sucks because it's such a beautiful state or that's how i remember it from over 10 yrs ago. oh well...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "Daniel Fierro told The Associated Press on Thursday that Garcia stroked his back, squeezed his buttocks and attempted to touch his crotch in a dugout after a legislative softball game in 2014."

"Politico also reported that a lobbyist who declined to be named claimed Garcia made crude sexual comments and tried to grab his crotch at a 2017 fundraiser."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks because it's such a beautiful state or that's how i remember it from over 10 yrs ago. oh well...
    Yeah, we're over it. We're going to be like the other 20-25k businesses that have moved their business across state borders to other states that are conducive to business and giving others employment. Laying off 15 people here and retaining only management and key marketers as we already have the other 15's counterparts going through orientation in the next two weeks in our Boise facility. Just that move, and the elimination of overhead and taxes from it, puts 5 digits in our coffers in 2 weeks.

It's California culture. We have 25 marketers here, 25 in Boise. We have literally 75% more call ins here in California (even though we give PTO as a benefit in ID while it's forced on us here) and the call in rate has always been absurd here. We have more short term voluntary resignations here than over there, almost as disproportionate as the call ins ratio. This is due to the fact we have to give final checks within 1 day of their resignation. People know this and want a quick couple hundred bucks do this.

Throw in yearly minimum wage hikes forcing us to give raises to employees already well above minimum wage ($11.00 per hr) to retain key employees, because it's expected, increased taxes and the other enabling the state does to promote high expectation, low producing work forces, we're just done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we're over it. We're going to be like the other 20-25k businesses that have moved their business across state borders to other states that are conducive to business and giving others employment. Laying off 15 people here and retaining only management and key marketers as we already have the other 15's counterparts going through orientation in the next two weeks in our Boise facility. Just that move, and the elimination of overhead and taxes from it, puts 5 digits in our coffers in 2 weeks.

It's California culture. We have 25 marketers here, 25 in Boise. We have literally 75% more call ins here in California (even though we give PTO as a benefit in ID while it's forced on us here) and the call in rate has always been absurd here. We have more short term voluntary resignations here than over there, almost as disproportionate as the call ins ratio. This is due to the fact we have to give final checks within 1 day of their resignation. People know this and want a quick couple hundred bucks do this.

Throw in yearly minimum wage hikes forcing us to give raises to employees already well above minimum wage ($11.00 per hr) to retain key employees, because it's expected, increased taxes and the other enabling the state does to promote high expectation, low producing work forces, we're just done.
    jesus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a perfect example of the ery here:

We had an employee who was with us last year. She had requested a day off and wanted PTO for that day, when our PTO is for call-in sick time, not pre-panned vacay, per state requirements, and she only wanted 1.5 hours worth, but she didn't follow state and company procedure to get it. Total amount was $20 and some change.

She had already put her notice in. That PTO was not included, per above, and she went to the EDD department seeking 3 days pay because of that 1.5 hours not being paid. To avoid a pain in the ass, we cut the full $300 check for the issue to be resolved. Our HR guy tells us we are actually fined 30 days of full pay for her, so we actually owe her $3k and have to go to an EDD office for arbitration. She just literally needs to show up to get her ill-gotten $3k check on a $20 grievance. Being typical California, lazy trash, she no-shows. LOL @ her, but still, way too much time and stress for a business responsible for 30 employees here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ? No, not in Cali. Martinez, Ramirez, Guiterriez? Only if they're not supposed to be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a perfect example of the ery here:

We had an employee who was with us last year. She had requested a day off and wanted PTO for that day, when our PTO is for call-in sick time, not pre-panned vacay, per state requirements, and she only wanted 1.5 hours worth, but she didn't follow state and company procedure to get it. Total amount was $20 and some change.

She had already put her notice in. That PTO was not included, per above, and she went to the EDD department seeking 3 days pay because of that 1.5 hours not being paid. To avoid a pain in the ass, we cut the full $300 check for the issue to be resolved. Our HR guy tells us we are actually fined 30 days of full pay for her, so we actually owe her $3k and have to go to an EDD office for arbitration. She just literally needs to show up to get her ill-gotten $3k check on a $20 grievance. Being typical California, lazy trash, she no-shows. LOL @ her, but still, way too much time and stress for a business responsible for 30 employees here.
    that's insanity. so out there, employees rape the businesses and not the other way around? that's just crazy for a $20 grievance. being in business is hard enough. so glad i have no one under me. i don't think i could handle the headaches of managing others and whatnot. i know my business is super small compared to the company you own/work for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christ? No, not in Cali. Martinez, Ramirez, Guiterriez? Only if they're not supposed to be here.
    lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's insanity. so out there, employees rape the businesses and not the other way around? that's just crazy for a $20 grievance. being in business is hard enough. so glad i have no one under me. i don't think i could handle the headaches of managing others and whatnot. i know my business is super small compared to the company you own/work for.

Here's another kicker! We kept our UI (EDD here- unemployment) claims wayyyyy down ontop of paying 7% state UI tax per employee, and the .6% to the feds. Since California (going back to the trash here and their work ethic equating to scamming employers) is a broke-as- state ("derp 6th largest economy!! derp) and has no money in their unemployment funds, we pick up the slack to help pay their debt down with a nice extra $5.5k. Of course, the notice came late and demanded payment upon receipt.

People who don't run a business will never understand and so many are conditioned to be against "the man" with stupid associations that every business owner is hoarding all the monies while they break their backs "making the business" for "the man".

Business classes exist as do social classes. Twits like your Boutons who have zero handle on reality and economics, don't realize that the 95% that employ the 95% of the work force, and all their demands for what they perceive as a "liveable" wage can really only be met by the top 2-3% of employers in this country. So, you can get your "liveable" wage for the 5% of the workforce that work for that 2-3% and the other 95% of the workforce is going to be some hungry ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another kicker! We kept our UI (EDD here- unemployment) claims wayyyyy down ontop of paying 7% state UI tax per employee, and the .6% to the feds. Since California (going back to the trash here and their work ethic equating to scamming employers) is a broke-as- state ("derp 6th largest economy!! derp) and has no money in their unemployment funds, we pick up the slack to help pay their debt down with a nice extra $5.5k. Of course, the notice came late and demanded payment upon receipt.

People who don't run a business will never understand and so many are conditioned to be against "the man" with stupid associations that every business owner is hoarding all the monies while they break their backs "making the business" for "the man".

Business classes exist as do social classes. Twits like your Boutons who have zero handle on reality and economics, don't realize that the 95% that employ the 95% of the work force, and all their demands for what they perceive as a "liveable" wage can really only be met by the top 2-3% of employers in this country. So, you can get your "liveable" wage for the 5% of the workforce that work for that 2-3% and the other 95% of the workforce is going to be some hungry ers.
    daniel tosh nailed it tbh

That’s what I like about the OC. You know between upper middle and upper. My people. Oh, there anything more annoying than the poor? Always complaining: “Aw, I can’t afford a two-bedroom townhouse for six hundred thousand dollars.” Good, move east. Yeah, that’s what the middle of the country’s for. People that gave up on their dreams. Oh, that’s gonna, sting isn’t, tourist?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daniel tosh nailed it tbh

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Do you agree with his statement? And if so, is it that you think the middle and working class have no right to live in the OC?

That's part of the homeless problem, probably the biggest contributor behind meth, is that California policy makers are pricing the middle and working class right the out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you agree with his statement? And if so, is it that you think the middle and working class have no right to live in the OC?

That's part of the homeless problem, probably the biggest contributor behind meth, is that California policy makers are pricing the middle and working class right the out.
    nah, i just find him funny. thought it was pretty obvious i was being tongue in cheek

he also talks about his charity for the homeless. he calls it Febreezing the Homeless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, i just find him funny. thought it was pretty obvious i was being tongue in cheek

he also talks about his charity for the homeless. he calls it Febreezing the Homeless.

the best thing about the tweeks here is when you're driving and you see one in perpetual 2-step and it looks like they're dub-stepping to your music.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the best thing about the tweeks here is when you're driving and you see one in perpetual 2-step and it looks like they're dub-stepping to your music.
    where the do you live tbh

mendocino county or some ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where the do you live tbh

mendocino county or some ?
    The Central Valley, aka Detroit West Coast. Well, I live in Oakdale, the "Cowboy Capital of the World" to get away from the trash of Modesto, worth the 35 minute commute.

Living in Modesto/Ceres I had the following happen:

People spray paint my Camaro and Charger

Someone literally dig up a flower plant out of my garden

Had a bum try and steal my 5 gallon water jugs off my front porch for the alhambra guy to pick up.

It's gotten so much worse the last five years in Modesto since the Bay started dropping their bums off in Modesto. It's bad, mang. From Oakland to Salinas, you'll find 5 of the 10 worst cities in the nation.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #MePoo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't. The statement came off as asinine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't. The statement came off as asinine.
    it doesn't surprise me that would wouldn't comprehend sarcasm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it doesn't surprise me that would wouldn't comprehend sarcasm
    Huh?

Thread Information