Post Count
    Caught on wiretap discussing $100K payout to secure commitment from Deandre Ayton.

Feds ain’t ing around.

s. About. To. Go. Down.

Please have on Coach K too.

Please have on Coach K too.
    Have a bad feeling the Feds, far more corrupt themselves then any college program, has been and will continue to take it up the ass from Duke.

Post Count
    Ayton's high school teammate went to Duke... for free, when his friend took cash? Doubt it.

Coach K's enough of a rat-faced weasel I figure he's kept his snout away from it.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    So in the last year...

1) There was an E60 special about a U of A track and field coach having sexual relations with a player and then threatening to literally kill said player
    2) Arizona had to fire its football coach after sexual harassment allegations
    3) Arizona’s basketball coach was caught on wiretap arranging bribes

I’d say Arizona’s athletic department probably needs to make a few changes.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Ayton's high school teammate went to Duke... for free, when his friend took cash? Doubt it.

Coach K's enough of a rat-faced weasel I figure he's kept his snout away from it.
    Which high school teammate?

Post Count
    Which high school teammate?
    Bagley. They were at the same prep academy for a while.

There's no way Duke players or Kentucky players haven't been getting paid. Question is if Ratface floats free of all this.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...26autosize%3D1

JUST IN: Sean Miller’s contract, as written, somehow pays him more for getting fired with cause than without cause. So if Miller is fired with cause, Arizona will owe him approximately $5 million more ($10.3 million versus $5.15 million) than if they fired for no reason.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    ESPN has now issued corrections stating the conversations occurred in 2016 (original article said 2017) which other sources are saying doesn’t make sense since the wiretap wasn’t in place until 2017.

Im calling it now that this story is bull and ESPN stepped in a big libel lawsuit by publishing it.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    It’s all lies. CBS en y is directly refuting ESPNs bull piece.

The ESPN source is hearsay. Maybe third party hearsay. There’s nothing to prove this wiretap even exists.

1. The timeline for the story has changed three times.
    2. Each timeline has major issues connecting everyone involved.
    3. Ayton has been cleared by the NCAA and FBI.
    4. Miller hasn’t been named as a suspect or arrested in any known FBI content.
    5. Reporter is a nobody, never does anything with NCAA Basketball
    6. ESPN had been sleuthed by TheAthletic for Mavs story, and Yahoo for actually evidenced NCAA story in preceding 24 hours.
    7. Pat Forde if Yahoo, Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander of CBS, and the entire 247sports crew directly refutes Miller ever being involved. CBS and 247sports fo as far to say their sources indicate Miller will be exonerated once the tapes are revealed.
    8. ESPN has already tried to link their slander to the Yahoo story by Forde, which is wasn’t a part of, and credit their source as the FBI, which it isn’t.

I know a well-known writer who looked into this and he’s said it appears the source was a lawyer for one of the accused, likely Dawkins. This pre-trial tactic is done to distract and change the narrative. As long as the source remains anonymous, even when tapes come out proving exoneration , plausible deniability will keep “source” safe.

To top off everything, ESPN is running this story under a “I’m told” or “Sources say” authority, meaning they’ve not confirmed existence of tapes or verified the content told them. In fact, they decline to acknowledge whether or not they even saw official transcripts.

The larger media industry says the story is bogus.

But the damage is done. My guess is Arizona and Miller part ways so he can fight this, and sue the out of ESPN and it’s talking heads for Libel and Slander, and Arizona can distance itself from his FBI stated rogue assistant who did something wrong (took 20K from one of these agency runners to steer kids to agents, and maybe influence recruits, though latter isn’t proven and the NCAA cleared the rumored family).

is ed up.

BTw, I have screencaptures of every claim I made here. I actually know how to prove what I report.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    So in the last year...

1) There was an E60 special about a U of A track and field coach having sexual relations with a player and then threatening to literally kill said player
    2) Arizona had to fire its football coach after sexual harassment allegations
    3) Arizona’s basketball coach was caught on wiretap arranging bribes

I’d say Arizona’s athletic department probably needs to make a few changes.
    It is an awful time for Arizona. Good thing is that the AD who oversaw all this is now at Alabama. Uh Oh! And Bama has already had Sexton linked to payments twice.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    ESPN... CBS and Sports Illustrated calling out their bull .

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    ESPN... CBS and Sports Illustrated calling out their bull .
    They’ve got a fat lawsuit coming their way, and that Schlabaugh wad is done as a journalist.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I won’t put a name to it, but one of the main national writers that is contradicting the story told me has has heard that ESPN sat on the story for anywhere from a few days to a week, then felt pressure to run it after SI broke the Mavericks piece and Yahoo broke their FBI/NCAA piece. They knew it wasn’t credible enough for days, because it was third-party hearsa... something someone hears from someone who claims they heard the tape... but because they were getting scooped, they scrambled, and reported it as is, which caused, and I you not, a correction of a correction of a correction to the originally proven incorrect timeline. They then spent the weekend trying to attach their report to FBI leaks (I have screen captures) and the Yahoo story (again, I have screen captures), finally muzzling Schlabach from Twitter on Sunday, but only after they floated outright lies trying to prop up his POS story, but before they made the changes public, so they ing knew.

Yet their goddamn loudmouths all slandered Miller for almost 48 hours before going soft for about 48 hours, before coming out in full force the last 48 hours.

They’ve called Miller a crook, a cheat, a liar, and Jay Williams today said the story makes sense because why would anyone go to Arizona if they weren’t getting $100K.

All those ers are gonna burn.

Post Count
    That is dumb.

There are questions of the veracity of the MSU allegations on the football and basketball programs from the OTL piece a month ago as well.

You can’t publish stories without thorough fact-checking and corroboration just to get the scoop. That’s not journalism. That’s what we do on message boards. And it’s true that once stories like this break from shoddy journalism, the damage has already been done regardless how true or untrue the claims in the story are.

Pretty pathetic.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Great article on what this all means for those involved and the lawsuits. Miller has more of a case than what is even discussed in this article because of every subsequent rant made by Jay Bilas and ieV of the media world. They openly and without merit defamed him for 48 straight hours before pulling back a bit, before returning guns a blazing these last few days.

Factor in the outright lies of trying to connect their bull to Yahoo or the FBI and Miller can prove they knowingly collided within the organization to alter the narrative to fit facts during and after making corrections, proving they knew what they were saying was sketchy at best, if not wrong, but continued to promote guilt as fact through an evolving post report narrative.

Link: https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/b...s-sean-miller/

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Lastly, if it can be proven that ESPN had the information for days before airing it, it shows they had issues with the sources themselves.

Why not run it immediately if you’re confident? It’s the biggest story in modern college basketball history. Why wait until you’ve been scooped on multiple other reports, but other media members to say it and air it.

If they waited, that proves they were not confident in it.

That is the reckless disregard needed.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    ESPN is publishing fake news and practicing ty journalism? As a Patriots fan I am SHOCKED.

My Team
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Post Count
    I believe it. UofA.

Real talk, BSPN

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    all the mother ers! We gonna burn the house down!

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    They should fire Miller regardless of how the wiretap allegations end up. That game was on a new level of pathetic.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I’m pretty confident they will part ways. They needed to stick by him when he was slandered. That’s a good look. But the last three years have all ended awfully. Miller lost himself chasing the unicorn and his system is inside out now.

If he stays, he needs to get back to his roots and recruit 3/4* players who buy in to defense, Dede lip over several years, and play hard. Classic reach/grasp argument.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    I’m pretty confident they will part ways. They needed to stick by him when he was slandered. That’s a good look. But the last three years have all ended awfully. Miller lost himself chasing the unicorn and his system is inside out now.

If he stays, he needs to get back to his roots and recruit 3/4* players who buy in to defense, Dede lip over several years, and play hard. Classic reach/grasp argument.
    It seems like he stopped trying to coach once he started getting blue chip recruits...His first two years he had guys who bought into a system and played collectively as a team. Some of that might be less egos he needs to manage but I also think a lot of it is less effort on his part.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    It seems like he stopped trying to coach once he started getting blue chip recruits...His first two years he had guys who bought into a system and played collectively as a team. Some of that might be less egos he needs to manage but I also think a lot of it is less effort on his part.
    Agreed. Miller needs two things, ability to be coached, and agressiveness from his perimeter players on both defense and offense. At ude helps too. One problem is almost every player that fits this description who played under Miller at Arizona was an East Coast kid with ties to Book, who is gone. Only one not is Nick Johnson. But Momo Jones, Kevin Parrom, Mark Lyons, TJ McConnell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson were all that.

Miller’s perfect team while at Arizona would be:

TJ, Lyons
    NJohnson, Fogg
    Jefferson, Parrom, SJohnson*
    Lauri*, SHill, Gordon*
    Ayton*, Tarczewski, DWilliams

He’s likely not going to get the 5* any more, but his ideal roster is mostly 40-80 range 4* with a few coaches up 2/3* like TJ and Parrom and DWilliams.

A team of TJ, Nick, Lyons, Parrom, Jefferson, Hill, Williams, Tarczewski would be incredible. Unfortunately only half have ever played together at once because he fell in love with the 5* and becoming Kentucky West.

From what I’m hearing, right now, my sources says he’s dug in at Arizona for a few seasons. He knows he isn’t getting calls from the top east coast schools right now, and Arizona has the best facilities and can support he will have anywhere he can get. Get back to his roots with at ude and aggressive wings, coach them up, and make a legit run in 2/3 years. Then cash out.

Thread Information