Veteran
    Post Count
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to fine Jerry Jones millions of dollars as a result of the Dallas Cowboys owner's public feud with the league last year, according to The New York Times.
    Jones clashed with Goodell and the league on multiple issues in 2017. Jones was a vocal advocate of delaying a contract extension for Goodell and proposed on Dec. 1 to implement a six-month moratorium on finalizing the deal. Jones also threatened to sue the league if the compensation committee approved Goodell's extension and was publicly critical of star running back Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension.
    The Times reported Monday that the punishment will come down in the coming weeks and that Goodell will cite Jones' actions as detrimental to the league.
    The league will order Jones to pay all fees that the compe ion committee incurred while legally defending itself from the longtime Cowboys owner, according to the Times. The newspaper also reports that Jones will have to compensate the NFL for all its legal fees spent defending the Elliott suspension.
    The league and the Cowboys did not offer a comment when contacted by the Times, which cited five league officials as sources in its report.
    Good. Fine the out of him. Hopefully he croaks from the shock so the team can finally move forward.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    how does Goodell get away with this stuff? It’s blatant retaliation for how Jones wanted to handle his contract last year.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    how does Goodell get away with this stuff? It’s blatant retaliation for how Jones wanted to handle his contract last year.
    I dislike Jerruh as much as the next guy, but this is violent dictatorship. This tyrant deserves serious prison time, and not in a white-collar "soft" prison, seriously.

Time for @realDonaldTrump to crack down on the top of the league, Enron 2002 style. #MaketheNFLGreatAgain

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The with Jerry Jones..BUT...ya let this die ya don't rekindle the flames with this BS, Goodell is an idiot.

Speaking of idiots it's just a matter of time until it's.....ya know what Zeke is stupid isn't he?

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Mafia boss doing mafia boss things, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The handling of Jerry's grumblings surrounding the extension really exposed that the NFL is nothing more than a mafia. It's clear that certain owners are in the commissioner's pockets by the way they backed him up and didn't entertain the talks at all. Then the extension that got fast tracked through shortly after.

Jerry got ed royally with the Zeke thing too, as it's clear he was the scapegoat for the Ray Rice blunder that made the league and especially Goodell's investigators look like re s

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    yeah jerry has no power in the NFL

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Holy , I can’t believe Jerry just took this. I figured he wouldn’t puss out like Kraft.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Holy , I can’t believe Jerry just took this. I figured he wouldn’t puss out like Kraft.
    How many years does Jerry have left, honestly? If I were him I'd just personally go shoot Goodell, his guards and then myself

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I never understood why Kraft pussed out but a few weeks ago he was staying at the hotel right across from my office and he was stumbling around the hotel restaurant like he didn’t know where he was. Pretty sure he has dementia and that’s why he just threw in the towel without fighting.

Thread Information