Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181 LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4501
    150 pages my nigs ..

Soccer lifting up this dying forum, tbh..

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    tbh this world cup was fun, but in terms of team quality it was pedestrian, looking back at '06, '10, '98, '02 you see a different level of compe ion and teams.
    2010 was soooooo boring, beisbolesque

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I’m quite drunk tbh

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    I’m quite drunk tbh
    As you should my nig ...congrats tbh

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    As you should my nig ...congrats tbh
    To fumando um baseado para relaxar um pouco

My Team
    France
    Post Count

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Great world cup - entertaining

I believe the best team won, overall. Defended well and scored when needed. Huge efficiency ratio when it came to take care of opportunities. Didn't bother playing passing ball too much as it knew it had the weapons on attack to do damage. Didn't need their 9 to score because they have 4-5 other guys who can create their own chances and put it inside the goal. It was practical, clinical, and effective soccer. It was modern.

Now other teams will be challenged to figure out a way to beat France at this game. Looking at the first half of France's tournament I think Deschamps figured things out after seeing Uruguay beat Portugal right after France beat Argentina while conceding 3 goals. He looked at Uruguay and said to his team that's how we need to play defensively, a little bit more in the middle of the field, not so much like 8 in the back and then pounce when we can. While Uruguay had realistically Cavani and Suarez to create, France had 4 guys to do that. After that game France basically killed off Uruguay, Belgium, and Croatia with incredible efficiency.

Congrats France

Veteran
    Post Count
    sons while I understand your frustration these mistakes are obviously caused by fatigue and all those extra time games. It's unsurprising. Now before you tell me Croatia was running, these mistakes are caused by long term fatigue affecting concentration, explosion and reaction time, happening way before stamina is visibly hindered. Added this little bit of information because I know 90% haven't ever touched a ball (football, basketball, eggball, etc) and by organised football you probably understand 5 a piece with your beer buddies.

Croatia was a worthy finalist. Without the fatigue induced errors and the meltdown that followed this would've been a tense match tbh.

Mbappe is so overrated tbh, puts his head in the ground, runs and flops. Mini neymar, worthless but somehow a superstar .. just lol.

ref was shaky tbh. That PK was extremely debatable and if it were the other way around he's not giving it. Also some of the calls were poor and uneven, allowing for physical play but penalizing soft tackles on Griezmann or Mbappe. Not bad refereeing, just sub-par, would've expected more in world cup final.
    Wouldn't chalk it all up to fatigue. France's first goal was a copy of the one vs uruguay, only difference is Varane didn't reach it and mandzukic put it away for him (and the uruguay freekick was a hard yellow, this one a clear flop). Croatia started with the right idea to press high and not let France get comfortable. They tied it up quickly and were mostly controlling the match. First half ended with France 2 goals and 1 shot, and being under in the scoreboard Croatia got sucked in to playing well beyond their line , that gave mbappe space to manufacture the daggers but they were hardly impressive considering the cir stances..

The penalty call was absolutely terrible, and blew the game open much like uruguays keeper blooper. Interpretation argument again misapplies, as the rules aren't black and white for mandzukic held in the box two egregious times, but they are for a harmless cross.. anyways Pitana is always like this, and it was obvious France would be favored again by him.

Congrats to France they beat everyone they played, but their level was low and everyone else's worse still. Euros are at 12-9 now having won 06, 10, 14 and 18 in a row...

And VAR basically ruined the final with that penalty. Probably the same result but would have been better to see than this

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Euro 2020 will be . Only decent teams will be France and Belgium

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    The penalty call was absolutely terrible
    Yes it was, thank god they have VAR now so they could fix that missed call by referee and get it right. That was a clear penalty.

My Team
    Switzerland
    Post Count
    Was in Paris yesterday, shot some videos

My Team
    France
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    2010 was soooooo boring, beisbolesque
    son we only win boring finals tbh

I’m quite drunk tbh
    my my

Wouldn't chalk it all up to fatigue. France's first goal was a copy of the one vs uruguay, only difference is Varane didn't reach it and mandzukic put it away for him (and the uruguay freekick was a hard yellow, this one a clear flop). Croatia started with the right idea to press high and not let France get comfortable. They tied it up quickly and were mostly controlling the match. First half ended with France 2 goals and 1 shot, and being under in the scoreboard Croatia got sucked in to playing well beyond their line , that gave mbappe space to manufacture the daggers but they were hardly impressive considering the cir stances..

The penalty call was absolutely terrible, and blew the game open much like uruguays keeper blooper. Interpretation argument again misapplies, as the rules aren't black and white for mandzukic held in the box two egregious times, but they are for a harmless cross.. anyways Pitana is always like this, and it was obvious France would be favored again by him.

Congrats to France they beat everyone they played, but their level was low and everyone else's worse still. Euros are at 12-9 now having won 06, 10, 14 and 18 in a row...

And VAR basically ruined the final with that penalty. Probably the same result but would have been better to see than this
    tbh I didn't put it all to fatigue on Croatia, it was just a bad overall situation: tired, against a very bad matchup (good midfield defense, explosive counters, very good in the air, athletic), bad luck with the goal, bad luck with the ref .. that's life. Still, France won fair and square even with all the luck, they wre the better team.

I agree that the penaldo was the wrong call, per rule you can only call a penaldo when there is absolutely NO room for interpretation and here there is a lot of room for interpretation given by the proximity of the French player affecting Perisic's reaction. The ref did what any other ref would've done and give it to the big team, no surprise there.

Euros are ahead tactically, like I said. It's no surprise, even the talent-handicapped ones had good games. Best team from south america was Uruguay tbh, the only one playing modern football imo.

I disagree that VAR ruined the final. VAR is a tool, the ref's lack of knowledge of the rules gave the penalty, he should know that VAR greatly oversells player reaction time by slowing down the replay.

Euro 2020 will be . Only decent teams will be France and Belgium
    lol son we'll be back, just you s wait. italy/spain/netherlands are all bound to improve. I'd keep my eye on italy tbh, talent is there and now they have an ok coach. Spain need to permanently bench pique tbh. Croatia might have another run in them. England may find a good piece in midfield and provide a challenge. Don't forget that 75% of quarter finalists and 100% of semifinalists were euro, and we're bound to see more tactical innovation form europe.

Was in Paris yesterday, shot some videos

nothing like looting while normal people are celebrating tbh .. monkey mentality tbh.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    son we only win boring finals tbh

my my

tbh I didn't put it all to fatigue on Croatia, it was just a bad overall situation: tired, against a very bad matchup (good midfield defense, explosive counters, very good in the air, athletic), bad luck with the goal, bad luck with the ref .. that's life. Still, France won fair and square even with all the luck, they wre the better team.

I agree that the penaldo was the wrong call, per rule you can only call a penaldo when there is absolutely NO room for interpretation and here there is a lot of room for interpretation given by the proximity of the French player affecting Perisic's reaction. The ref did what any other ref would've done and give it to the big team, no surprise there.

Euros are ahead tactically, like I said. It's no surprise, even the talent-handicapped ones had good games. Best team from south america was Uruguay tbh, the only one playing modern football imo.

I disagree that VAR ruined the final. VAR is a tool, the ref's lack of knowledge of the rules gave the penalty, he should know that VAR greatly oversells player reaction time by slowing down the replay.

lol son we'll be back, just you s wait. italy/spain/netherlands are all bound to improve. I'd keep my eye on italy tbh, talent is there and now they have an ok coach. Spain need to permanently bench pique tbh. Croatia might have another run in them. England may find a good piece in midfield and provide a challenge. Don't forget that 75% of quarter finalists and 100% of semifinalists were euro, and we're bound to see more tactical innovation form europe.

nothing like looting while normal people are celebrating tbh .. monkey mentality tbh.

I agree, Pique was terrible for Spain. I hope Barca replaces him in the starting XI with Lenglet sooner than later.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    US almost beat Belgium. SMH England.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

France was over-rated. Almost lost to America's scrubs in France before it all started.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

France was over-rated. Almost lost to America's scrubs in France before it all started.
    merica almost qualified. almost but not quite

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    merica almost qualified. almost but not quite
    Son, I got over that a long time ago. You suck at trolling.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    My 2nd favorite WC to 2006

But watching matches at 4pm and 8pm time slots puts it up a level. Native Europeans were united rooting for Croatia in the final. I am planning on visiting in 2020 for the Euros unless I relocate permanently there by that time

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    the previous wc i would stay up to watch all 3 matchdays

last wc that just went pass...i only stayed to watch 2 matchday games.. i watch at sport betting stores, gotto love watching clowns who lose bets and sitting in fetus position inside/outside premises...yet they are there everynight, dunno where they get the money from...but lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    pgardn

You ain't gonna apparently believe this. But I did a four team parlay on international soccer yesterday when I was out in Nevada.

Friendly So. Korea / Costa Rica -115 -0.5 So. Korea (2-0 9/7/18)
    Friendly Scotland / Belgium -115 -1.0 Belgium (0-4 9/7/18)
    UEFA NL Faroe Islands / Malta -130 MLB Faroe Islands (3-1 9/7/18)
    UEFA NL Switzerland / Iceland -145 MLB Switzerland (9/8/18)

If Switzerland beats a formidable Iceland at home tomorrow, my Lincoln's gonna become a Grant.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    ^^^

Switzerland just scored their third goal to Iceland's none in the fifty-third minute. Now, I'm just naturally wishing I put much more money on it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    ^^^

5-0 in the 73rd minute!

Guess Iceland's on the downhill.

Thread Information