Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada mexico and eu not happy

I do agree tinkering like this usually has negative effects that would overwhelm any positive effects

Not to mention all steel is not steel. There are hundreds of different qualities that come from abroad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is 11th in volume of steel exporters to USA

Trash's aim is as bad as dubya's

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. Tariffs are just dumn as .

Expect the White House to walk it back within 48 hours.
    Then buy something(stock) now that really got a bad swing out of this.
    What would it be?

Then sell on Monday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry. Tariffs are just dumn as .

Expect the White House to walk it back within 48 hours.
    You roll with that. My take: Hushmoney McPussygrabber has made up his mind, and as noted is not attracting the kind of educated, informed, or competent people who might tell him it is a bad idea.

He feels under siege and the only judgment he trusts is his own.

Walking it back will make him look weak and indecisive, something he does not ever do. He does not admit he is wrong.

It will go into effect, and actually cause inflation. Fed rate hikes will have to be bigger than they had planned once it works its way through the system, essentially causing a tax increase on the middle class and poor.

On the other hand, it will bring in funds to help offset the massive deficits that your dip party voted for in Congress.

Essentially he will be taxing the poor and middle class to give money to rich people. A sweet, sweet narrative for Democrats to run on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is 11th in volume of steel exporters to USA

Trash's aim is as bad as dubya's
    What will be funny is that our trading partners can now target sanctions against Republican leaders in Congress. Pick specific imports in important Republican member's districts, which is exactly what China did last time.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Monumentally stupid. Trump is tripping off the deep end.
    There’s no way it’s actually going to happen and he knows it, he’s pushing for this just to appease the breitbart crowd.

Good buying opportunity in the market since it’ll bounce right back after the tariffs fall through.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    You roll with that. My take: Hushmoney McPussygrabber has made up his mind, and as noted is not attracting the kind of educated, informed, or competent people who might tell him it is a bad idea.

He feels under siege and the only judgment he trusts is his own.

Walking it back will make him look weak and indecisive, something he does not ever do. He does not admit he is wrong.

It will go into effect, and actually cause inflation. Fed rate hikes will have to be bigger than they had planned once it works its way through the system, essentially causing a tax increase on the middle class and poor.

On the other hand, it will bring in funds to help offset the massive deficits that your dip party voted for in Congress.

Essentially he will be taxing the poor and middle class to give money to rich people. A sweet, sweet narrative for Democrats to run on.
    I would like to know your take on Trudeau. I'm not far from Canada so the news out of there is somewhat relevant to me. Trudeau seems to be the poster child for left leaning liberals in this country. Had Trump pulled some of the actions on this last trip he would (once again) be the laughing stock of the world. Dressed in rediculous garb, controversy with extremists (including pictures of his wife) and failed rediculous on his intended purpose.

What leader are you most envious of? Merkel? Tbh the strong decisive leaders are in countries like China and Russia, which aren't a very good comparison considering their countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to know your take on Trudeau. I'm not far from Canada so the news out of there is somewhat relevant to me. Trudeau seems to be the poster child for left leaning liberals in this country. Had Trump pulled some of the actions on this last trip he would (once again) be the laughing stock of the world. Dressed in rediculous garb, controversy with extremists (including pictures of his wife) and failed rediculous on his intended purpose.

What leader are you most envious of? Merkel? Tbh the strong decisive leaders are in countries like China and Russia, which aren't a very good comparison considering their countries.
    I am good with any leader who has the taste to drink Spaten Optimator.

In all seriousness, Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, in that order.

Talented, educated center-left, with a commitment to human rights and free trade. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect someone who isn't afraid of the press, and picks people for competence first.

Pretty much everything Trump is not.

Hillary, for all her faults, understood US foreign policy, and both hard and soft power. She would have attracted enough talented competent people to adequately run an administration.

The current executive branch is imploding. We haven't felt the brunt of that yet, but we will.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 03-02-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: only one A in Spaten

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to know your take on Trudeau.
    But to answer this specifically:

Trudeau is okay. Not impressed by his India trip. Fraught with missteps.

Recent moves to re-fund Canada's VA is a good first step to un ing the system that conservatives starved at the expense of veterans. (sound familiar?)

A little to lefty-wishy washy for me at times. I'm sure that statement will shock some here.

The left needs to curtail its baser PC impulses that Trudeau gives into occasionally.

Overall a solid B. 8 of 10. Not perfect by far, but a breath of fresh competence.

Canada's parliamentary style democracy has some hope of reigning in his stupider .

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I am good with any leader who has the taste to drink Spaten Optimator.

In all seriousness, Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, in that order.

Talented, educated center-left, with a commitment to human rights and free trade. I do not expect perfection, but I do expect someone who isn't afraid of the press, and picks people for competence first.

Pretty much everything Trump is not.

Hillary, for all her faults, understood US foreign policy, and both hard and soft power. She would have attracted enough talented competent people to adequately run an administration.

The current executive branch is imploding. We haven't felt the brunt of that yet, but we will.
    So Trudeau can do all the idiotic things that might be a Trumpism and you STILL put him first? What is your criteria there? I think Merkel is there only legitimate answer and she gets knocked down a lot of rungs because of immigration and Europe. Imo, there is not a great leader of any free country.

Hillary played the game very well. Too well. She was the real life version of Francis Underwood. Arrogant and a flat out when she thought it didn't matter. I've always heard the line, the measure of a man is how he treats those that can't do him any good. I think her arrogance behind closed doors would be very troubling. We all have those acquaintances that you can see right through. They get there way because we want to get rid of them. Until it's something that matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Trudeau can do all the idiotic things that might be a Trumpism and you STILL put him first? What is your criteria there? I think Merkel is there only legitimate answer and she gets knocked down a lot of rungs because of immigration and Europe. Imo, there is not a great leader of any free country.

Hillary played the game very well. Too well. She was the real life version of Francis Underwood. Arrogant and a flat out when she thought it didn't matter. I've always heard the line, the measure of a man is how he treats those that can't do him any good. I think her arrogance behind closed doors would be very troubling. We all have those acquaintances that you can see right through. They get there way because we want to get rid of them. Until it's something that matters.
    Merkels commitment to immigration and sheltering refugees is one of her policies that I thought was best.

Germany's economy is going gangbusters, and needs more labor. Brilliant economic move. Absorb the most recent round of immigrants, turn them into liberals with connections to their home countries. A lot of winning, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way it’s actually going to happen and he knows it, he’s pushing for this just to appease the breitbart crowd.

Good buying opportunity in the market since it’ll bounce right back after the tariffs fall through.
    From what I get form NPR this morning the tariffs are within the presidents authority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last one I promise

China this month singled out American sorghum for an anti-dumping investigation, showing that it can hit America where it hurts Mr Trump in particular.

The largest sorghum producers in the US in terms of acreage are Kansas, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.

China's investigations, which may take up to a year, signal that Beijing can inflict disproportionate pain on rural cons uencies that voted for Mr Trump and his allies, said one analyst who asked not to be named."It's a shot across the bow as Trump decides whether to inflict tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminium imports," the analyst said.

"I get the strong sense that this will be a big element of China's strategy if a trade war really does take place - hitting US agricultural exports… in pro-Republican, pro-Trump cons uencies before mid-terms

Democrats win from this. Republican areas get hammered with trade sanctions, triggered by their dumb president.

Watching this is like watching an own goal, only Golfy McDumb is too stupid to know that is what he is doing.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Merkels commitment to immigration and sheltering refugees is one of her policies that I thought was best.

Germany's economy is going gangbusters, and needs more labor. Brilliant economic move. Absorb the most recent round of immigrants, turn them into liberals with connections to their home countries. A lot of winning, IMO.
    Merkel just admitted that there are "no go zones where Germans and police should not and can't travel. Talk of Sharia law enforcement because it's not safe for police. Poland's debacle over enforcing a law preventing free speech about death camps is directly related to this immigration policy. Wasn't it a couple years ago Turkeys PM or whatever his le is was talking about taking over Europe from within? Recommending having as many children as you can to those living in other countries? I know there was some statistic floating around estimating when Muslims will outnumber the Germans that was starting but I have no idea how accurate it is.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    From what I get form NPR this morning the tariffs are within the presidents authority.
    That might very well be true (I have no idea) but Trump isn’t some maverick politician who stays true to his ideals. After a few days of backlash from the corporate overlords he’s beholden to back down from any kind of tariff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump carries through on his ideas. Haven't we figure that out yet?

I am sure that there are people who know better in his administration who are pleading with him, as well as Congressional leaders to walk it back. I hope for all our sakes they do, but if they don't... I get to laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might very well be true (I have no idea) but Trump isn’t some maverick politician who stays true to his ideals. After a few days of backlash from the corporate overlords he’s beholden to back down from any kind of tariff.
    We get to find out next week. I think he is at the point where he DNGAF. He views the Republican party as HIS party, and anyone who doesn't like it can hit the road, and many in the new Trump party are falling into line behind the Dear Leader. That has not sunk in to some here yet.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    China this month singled out American sorghum for an anti-dumping investigation, showing that it can hit America where it hurts Mr Trump in particular.

The largest sorghum producers in the US in terms of acreage are Kansas, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.

China's investigations, which may take up to a year, signal that Beijing can inflict disproportionate pain on rural cons uencies that voted for Mr Trump and his allies, said one analyst who asked not to be named."It's a shot across the bow as Trump decides whether to inflict tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminium imports," the analyst said.

"I get the strong sense that this will be a big element of China's strategy if a trade war really does take place - hitting US agricultural exports… in pro-Republican, pro-Trump cons uencies before mid-terms

Democrats win from this. Republican areas get hammered with trade sanctions, triggered by their dumb president.

Watching this is like watching an own goal, only Golfy McDumb is too stupid to know that is what he is doing.

It's always Ag. Rest of America makes overpriced . Very little production is cheaper or of superior quality than what China can get. It's not rocket surgery. Literally the ONLY card we hold that China wants is AG. China has been manipulating at markets for decades. Huge orders get cancelled then when price drops they buy it back. Phony "standards"are put in place to hammer prices and then they'll buy from a different country with the same quality. It's a game that China been allowed to chat at a very long time. How come your not posting the chickpea failure your Golden boy JUST GONE DONE WITH? Trudeau's a joke and does the left version of Trump's actions yet there's the same slobbering going on as his mom did.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

I am sure that there are people who know better in his administration who are pleading with him, as well as Congressional leaders to walk it back. I hope for all our sakes they do, but if they don't... I get to laugh.

Because Hillary is in prison, the swamp has been drained and the wall is being built. Hahahaha. You're as delusional as those that voted for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While cheap imports likely hurt American steelworkers, economists believe they’re hardly the main cause for the decline of the steel industry.

Low demand for steel and decades of automation are the main reasons jobs at American steel mills are disappearing, and no amount of tariffs on Chinese steel can change that tide, economists told me.

“The deal with these kinds of protections is that they don’t change long-term trends,” Michael Moore, an economics professor at George Washington University, told Vox shortly after Ross started the steel investigation. “The thought that a 55-year-old worker is going to keep their job because you put a tariff on imports is ridiculous.”
    https://www.vox.com/2018/3/1/1706683...-steel-tariffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada (15%), Brazil, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Turkey, Japan, Taiwan, Germany, India (2%).

In that order.
    9M metric tons in the 3Q, 2017

This is a message to Canada and Mexico, ahead of trade talks about NAFTA. Interesting.
    https://www.trade.gov/steel/countrie...imports-us.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s tariffs intended as ‘middle finger’ to White House aides he no longer likes

President Donald Trump doesn’t like being told what to do, and he’s reportedly setting policies to thumb his nose at advisers who have lost his trust.

Trump has sidelined chief of staff John Kelly and economic adviser Gary Cohn and intends to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum, which he’s wanted to do since the campaign, to deliberately disrespect them, reported Axios.

“His staff at times managed to talk him off the ledge. No more,” reported Mike Allen and Jonathan Swan. “Tired of the restraints, tired of his staff, Trump is reveling in ticking off just about every person who serves him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

I'm gonna nuke NK just to piss off you more intelligent, more serious, more successful ADULTS

What a way to ru(i)n a country.

Thanks, all you Trash assholes.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Trump’s tariffs intended as ‘middle finger’ to White House aides he no longer likes

President Donald Trump doesn’t like being told what to do, and he’s reportedly setting policies to thumb his nose at advisers who have lost his trust.

Trump has sidelined chief of staff John Kelly and economic adviser Gary Cohn and intends to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum, which he’s wanted to do since the campaign, to deliberately disrespect them, reported Axios.

“His staff at times managed to talk him off the ledge. No more,” reported Mike Allen and Jonathan Swan. “Tired of the restraints, tired of his staff, Trump is reveling in ticking off just about every person who serves him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

I'm gonna nuke NK just to piss off you more intelligent, more serious, more successful ADULTS

What a way to ru(i)n a country.

Thanks, all you Trash assholes.

Still doesn't get it. Arrogant Hillary rigged the primary and dnc still pushed her through. Lots of people wanted to vote for Trump opponent but not someone who continues to chat the system. I tell my kids to take responsibility for their own actions. Maybe long standing Dems need to open up to it instead of whining about Russia until Russia gets pissed than saying Trump strained relationships with them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

The ideas he’s actually followed through on (ie his tax plan) are ideas the republican establishment was already pushing for under Obama as they’re par for the course Republican policies that poor people. If he imposes tariffs there would be a flood of corporate money into towards Democrats in 2020.

Thread Information