Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is if he only picks on China for the tariff it wont even matter. China isnt even in the top ten of steel importers to the US. Canada, Brazil and South Korea are the top three and provide over half of our imports.
    Further, if you just pick on China to pick, good luck with help on North Korea. China would so much like a stable leader in North Korea that would follow their rules. They still would like NK to pick on South Korea and Japan, but definitely not get the US involved directly, only as an ally. Just some nice conventional mortaring of SK, some NK ships interfering with Japan, NOT fat boy directly threatening the US with Nukes. If things were quiet, China could build their little Islands without US warships constantly buzzing them.

This president does not see bigger pictures. To me, this is just amazing. Republican and Democrstic presidents saw the bigger picture even if they disagreed on consequences. Rich salesman off the streets, farmer who just fell off the turnip truck... But, but we need an outsider, a guy who will shake things up. Welcome to chaos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it will just screw over the smll amount of consumers who buy steel or aluminium products to get those few jobs ..brilllaint!
    Like every brewery in the US that cans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found a sane Democrat. I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found a sane Democrat. I think.

Hmmm..could be sane. whats his stance on alters and child sacrifice?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump and anybody who voted for that piece of .

o inflation.
    at the tantrum
    and at #StillWithHerToo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm..could be sane. whats his stance on alters and child sacrifice?
    Ah, the passive aggressive jab. Clearly if one believes that Dissociative Iden y Disorder or child sacrifice exists then they are insane. Tell me more about how the Cons ution gives us Separation of Church and State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, the passive aggressive jab. Clearly if one believes that Dissociative Iden y Disorder or child sacrifice exists then they are insane. Tell me more about how the Cons ution gives us Separation of Church and State.
    more importantly does he believe the earth is flat and surrounded by an impenetrable dome?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more importantly does he believe the earth is flat and surrounded by an impenetrable dome?
    Is that what you believe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what you believe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump worth billions as business man politicians think they know more then business man
    Politicians learn to be politicians at college not business dealings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that fact checked by liberal fact checkers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that fact checked by liberal fact checkers
    The guys a Republican so I doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hail Satan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sicko asshole bully
    Trump says he might drop tariffs for Mexico and Canada — if they do what he wants on NAFTA

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...o-canada-nafta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no way it’s actually going to happen and he knows it, he’s pushing for this just to appease the breitbart crowd.

Good buying opportunity in the market since it’ll bounce right back after the tariffs fall through.
    "Back in August, Axios published a leaked summary of a meeting between Trump and his senior trade advisers. At that meeting, Trump declared, “I want tariffs.” Trump’s top economic adviser, Gary Cohn, previously of Goldman Sachs, was plainly unhappy. Trump ended the meeting by declaring to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly: “I know there are some people in the room right now that are upset. I know there are some globalists in the room right now. And they don’t want them, John, they don’t want the tariffs. But I’m telling you, I want tariffs.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apo...153232277.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Billionaire*Carl Icahn, President*Donald Trump’s longtime friend and former special adviser, sold $31.3 million in shares of a steel-related company just before Trump announced tariffs on imported steel and aluminum.

Icahn unloaded nearly 1 million shares in crane manufacturer*Manitowoc Co.*of Wisconsin from Feb. 12 to Feb. 23, according to a*filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission*first reported by the website*Think Progress.*Manitowoc relies on steel, and shares in the company fell after Trump announced on Thursday that he plans to impose a 25 percent tariff on steel.*The Commerce Department’s report recommending the tariffs was made public*Feb. 16.

Icahn told CNBC*Thursday*that he hadn’t had “much interaction” with Trump in the “past four or five months,”*and had no special knowledge of what Trump planned to do or when. But the CNBC question concerned his opinion about market effect, not whether he had any privileged information. Stock trades based on*insider information*not available to the public are illegal......."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-pal...121446090.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a coincidence nothing to see here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "he hadn’t had “much interaction” with Trump"

much interaction was needed to receive a hot tip to dump stocks.

Always amazing and hilarious these rich assholes think we are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is if he only picks on China for the tariff it wont even matter. China isnt even in the top ten of steel importers to the US. Canada, Brazil and South Korea are the top three and provide over half of our imports.
    Care to guess what country South Korea buys its steel from?

China sells raw steel to various countries and it is rolled into semi-finished products. Those products then get imported and are tagged with the 2nd country's flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might very well be true (I have no idea) but Trump isn’t some maverick politician who stays true to his ideals. After a few days of backlash from the corporate overlords he’s beholden to [he'll] back down from any kind of tariff.
    "Trump still didn’t flinch. “No, we are not backing down,” he told reporters who asked about Ryan’s criticism in the Oval Office on Monday."
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...tariffs/554903

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rural America begins to realize Trump isn't working for them; as Nebraska Farm Bureau makes clear

“It has been very well do ented that your historic path to the White House came directly through rural America.

While your thoughts on trade where well known by farmers and ranchers
    , it would be very dangerous to assume it was the focus of their support.

Mr. President, please do not turn your back on the farm and ranch families

who depend on international markets and

who rely on you to make wise decisions that don’t put their economic future in jeopardy.”

The caveat seems to be:

“look, we knew you were out there on this stuff, but by and large we didn’t believe you and voted for you for other reasons”

a US-China trade war that might target US soybean exports to China — the biggest buyer of US soybeans.

It imported about $14 billion worth of US soybeans in 2016, or

60 percent of the total US crop

Iowa is the second-largest soybean producing state after Illinois. There are roughly 70,000 to 80,000 soybean farmers in the two states

One of the most reliable exports from the United States are food crops — agriculture — and a trade war puts all of that at risk.

Farmers across the Midwest would be a prime target for China, the biggest buyer of some American crops.

"Coming from an agriculture state that supported Trump, it's certainly a disappointing development for Montana and the rest of rural America,"

says Herb Karst, a grain farmer in Billings, Montana, and a representative of Farmers for Free Trade, an advocacy group.

"It just seems that agriculture is going to be paying the price for the protection of the steel and aluminum industries,"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...au-makes-clear

Thread Information