Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And you said this:

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do.

-Avante

?So I asked you questions that you could not answer. Very simple questions. You put the challenge up the whole board sees it. So you make a claim, ignore the questions NOW, and then say I am ignoring questions. I never made the claim above, you did.

You can retract the statement, or we will continue to try and Validate YOUR claim.

Just how damn stupid are you guy?

MY KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM THE THINGS I TALK ABOUT.

You can't read?

I think I might see your problem, see where I say.....I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering...? That should have been....I can ask qiestions....ok? As ya can see it makes no sense other wise.

Dude, nobody here or anywhere else knows more about the who, what, where and when when it comes to track than Avante....got it?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pgardn just showed why he is held in such high regard as a speed expert and why Avante is just a forum punching bag.
    Then ask 10 track questions and watch who totally dominates.

pgardn knows....0.....about the actual sport.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just how damn stupid are you guy?

MY KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM THE THINGS I TALK ABOUT.

You can't read?

I think I might see your problem, see where I say.....I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering...? That should have been....I can ask qiestions....ok? As ya can see it makes no sense other wise.

Dude, nobody here or anywhere else knows more about the who, what, where and when when it comes to track than Avante....got it?
    You claimed the bolded above.

Pay attention rookies.

World class sprinters can only run all out about 70m, ok? Now in that first 70 we have reaction to the gun/start, ok? Now here comes....acceleration.....ya with me? That only lasts 50ish meters, then a few meters of transiting into...max velocity, topend....OK? That lasts 20ish meters give or take, ok? The last stage of a 100 is.....decelleration, OK? Other than "speed reserve" it's pretty much the same st 200m, obviously at that distance the start/acceleration not as important.

NOBODY...NOBODY....is accelerating coming off a 200m curve, and if ya know sprinting ya know this.

Never seen so many rookies in one place before, sheesh~~~~~~~~

Those who really know sprinting talk about this....

The purpose of speed endurance is to prolong the amount of time where a near maximal speed can be maintained.

You also wrote the above.

Retract your statement, or stand up like a man and answer my questions. You failed to do so before, I gave you the answers, yet you still can't answer basic questions.

YOU made the claim.
    YOU lied about what you wrote about.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You claimed the bolded above.

Pay attention rookies.

World class sprinters can only run all out about 70m, ok? Now in that first 70 we have reaction to the gun/start, ok? Now here comes....acceleration.....ya with me? That only lasts 50ish meters, then a few meters of transiting into...max velocity, topend....OK? That lasts 20ish meters give or take, ok? The last stage of a 100 is.....decelleration, OK? Other than "speed reserve" it's pretty much the same st 200m, obviously at that distance the start/acceleration not as important.

NOBODY...NOBODY....is accelerating coming off a 200m curve, and if ya know sprinting ya know this.

The purpose of speed endurance is to prolong the amount of time where a near maximal speed can be maintained.

You also wrote the above.

Retract your statement, or stand up like a man and answer my questions. You failed to do so before, I gave you the answers, yet you still can't answer basic questions.

YOU made the claim.

Dude, this is a lie?

Where?

Stupid, the acceleration phase is done before coming off the curve you do know this right?

Last edited by Avante; 03-08-2018 at 12:52 AM.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You re . "Desperate" doesn't mean "stating the obvious". You didn't go to college, you probably went to some for-profit trade school and flunked out after 1/2 a semester.
    You crusty as , bro. Get the sand out of your vag.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dude, this is a lie?

Where?

Stupid, the acceleration phase is done before coming off the curve you do know this right?

No.
    You talked about sprinting.
    You can answer any questions you talk about.
    Then you illustrate glaring inconsistencies about what you know. You know what you talk about. You talk about sprinting and can't answer the question(s).

So answer this:

Why must a runner accelerate while running the turn in the 200?

Then because you answered this, which lane do you prefer and why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I will give you the answer again tomorrow.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No.
    You talked about sprinting.
    You can answer any questions you talk about.
    Then you illustrate glaring inconsistencies about what you know. You know what you talk about. You talk about sprinting and can't answer the question(s).

So answer this:

Why must a runner accelerate while running the turn in the 200?

Then because you answered this, which lane do you prefer and why?
    ONE MORE TIME~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where is the lie?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I will give you the answer again tomorrow.
    Dude, you have taken what was said and got it 100% wrong, as usual.

Wow~~~~~~~~~

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante....big fan of them old blues, know all there is to know about it.
    pgardn.....ok, talk to me about The Ramones.
    Avante....dude....old blues...ok?
    pgardn....so ya can't talk The Ramones, you lied.
    Avante....hmmmm? Dude..........OLD BLUES...ok?
    pgardn....so why the lies?
    Avante....dude, are you re ed?
    pgardn,....you made the claim not me.
    Avante.....what?????

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another thread backfires with a cherry on top with Avante dominating derp.
    Avante doesn't have the mental capacity to dominate a dodo bird let alone a person.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Pay attention rookies.

You claimed you know everything about what you talk about.
    You wrote the above. You talked about sprinting.

I asked you questions that showed you were wrong or did not understand what the you were talking about concerning sprinting.

YOU made the claim.

Is this the way you talk to yourself out of other events in your life, just lie your way out?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great film discussion here. For a minute I thought I was on the IMDB message board.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante doesn't have the mental capacity to dominate a dodo bird let alone a person.
    Dummy, I made my living walking into a strangers house and walking out with a check. Trust me little fella, I could sell an ice cube to a Eskimo.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pay attention rookies.

You claimed you know everything about what you talk about.
    You wrote the above. You talked about sprinting.

I asked you questions that showed you were wrong or did not understand what the you were talking about concerning sprinting.

YOU made the claim.

Is this the way you talk to yourself out of other events in your life, just lie your way out?
    What was I wrong about?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Another thread backfires with a cherry on top with Avante dominating derp.
    Something anyone with a brain cell gets. But the tranny chumpette will take any alternate reality she can get.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Something anyone with a brain cell gets. But the tranny chumpette will take any alternate reality she can get.
    You've been getting shat on for 3 whole pages. No one is disputing that.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You've been getting shat on for 3 whole pages. No one is disputing that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What was I wrong about?
    Why any runner MUST accelerate on a turn.

( the 200m the runners actually run different distances turning, which has not even entered your head since you made your claim. You have a tendency to forget what you are even claiming when you say

My knowledge comes from my interest in the things I talk about. Who doesn;'t bone up on what they care about? still subscribe to Track & Field News (since 66). I can answer questions NOBODY...comes remotely close to answering them. First off nobody will ever take the time needed, second off I'd ask in a way that you'd just have to know like I do. )

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Ok, so you've got:

1.)Usain Bolt
    2.)"Bullet" Bob Hayes
    3.)Carl Lewis
    4.)Michael Johnson
    5.)Jesse Owens
    6.)Tyson Gay
    7.)Asafa Powell
    8.)Maurice Green
    9.)Bruny Surin

200M.....and GO!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    From way back...

Big hint for Avante the expert. He likes lists, so tables should suit him fine. The question asked is a purely physical phenomenon. Getting the best view of compe ion, psychology of having to chase a runner down etc... does not matter IN MY QUESTION. Real track people could get this very quickly, but Avante got thrown off the only board he could have found the answer because in his own words basically "he knows too much"

Huge hint. But you need to have some basic knowledge of motion and running as well. They all run 200 m, but in very different ways. Same for the 400.

I can't imagine most would be interested but I thought he might really want to talk track. So the above and God knows how much trying to coax an answer out of him on this thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=Chucky+Gruden

Spurraider wandered in and immediately got it.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-08-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Exceeding a 90-degree knee bend with your forward foot will cause you to overstride. Your front foot will absorb your forward momentum and your stride frequency will decrease, causing you to slow down.

This is especially important during the drive phase, when your body is close to the ground. Watch footage of 100-meter dash finals and you'll notice that 90 percent of hamstring injuries occur in the first 10 to 20 strides. Why? Because the runners try to transition too early, placing excess stress on their hamstrings.

Your hips, knees and ankles should never exceed a 90-degree angle. This allows for a perfect combination of stride frequency and stride length without sacrificing power. To help achieve this, step downward, and not forward, with your front foot.

You've got to have strong calves because they are key for stride power. Oftentimes, sprinters forget about the muscles on the shin, which are critical for maintaining dorsiflexion (i.e., flexing the foot toward the shin) in the off-the-ground foot during your stride.

Once again, it's all about efficiency. Your foot position can either speed you up or restrict you from easy forward movement.

If your toes drop, you'll strike the ground toe first and "chip" into the track. You'll absorb your forward momentum, increasing stress to your knees and ankles. Sprinting will take much more energy, causing you to potentially run out of gas during a race.

A dorsiflexed foot allows you to "paw" at the ground. Your stride will feel like a wheel. Efficient, fast and smooth.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Now the above is exceedingly difficult.

Biomechanics is not easy to quantify. Even Qualitatively it's difficult.
    I stayed with the much easier stuff for Avante.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, so you've got:

1.)Usain Bolt
    2.)"Bullet" Bob Hayes
    3.)Carl Lewis
    4.)Michael Johnson
    5.)Jesse Owens
    6.)Tyson Gay
    7.)Asafa Powell
    8.)Maurice Green
    9.)Bruny Surin

200M.....and GO!
    Fitst off Bruny Surin. Jesse Owens and Asafa Powell don't belong in that race, let's replace them with Yohan Blake, Tommie Smith and Justin Gatlin.

I;d have....

1.Usain Bolt....WR 100/200
    2.Michael Johnson....WR 400/200
    3.Tommie Smith.....WR 400/200
    4.Carl Lewis
    5.Yohan Blake
    6.Tyson Gay
    7.Justin Gatlin
    8.Bob Hayes~~~~~~~~~~
    9.Mo Greene

~~~~~~~~~~~ Hayes unlike the others was just a college kid when he ran track, the others all pro tracksters, we can't ignore this. What if Bullet Bob had ran into his late 20's like those cats did? BUT......he didn', so..........

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Fitst off Bruny Surin. Jesse Owens and Asafa Powell don't belong in that race, let's replace them with Yohan Blake, Tommie Smith and Justin Gatlin.

I;d have....

1.Usain Bolt....WR 100/200
    2.Michael Johnson....WR 400/200
    3.Tommie Smith.....WR 400/200
    4.Carl Lewis
    5.Yohan Blake
    6.Tyson Gay
    7.Justin Gatlin
    8.Bob Hayes~~~~~~~~~~
    9.Mo Greene

~~~~~~~~~~~ Hayes unlike the others was just a college kid when he ran track, the others all pro tracksters, we can't ignore this. What if Bullet Bob had ran into his late 20's like those cats did? BUT......he didn', so..........
    I agree on mostly everything. Switch Bolt with Johnson and we're good!

Thread Information