Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree on mostly everything. Switch Bolt with Johnson and we're good!
    We can't be ignoring this....

All-time men's best 200m

1 19.19 -0.3 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Berlin 20.08.2009
    2 19.26 +0.7 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Bruxelles 16.09.2011
    3 19.30 -0.9 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 20.08.2008
    4 19.32 Michael Johnson USA 13.09.67 1 Atlanta 01.08.1996
    4 19.32 +0.4 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 London 09.08.2012
    6 19.40 +0.8 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Daegu 03.09.2011
    7 19.44 +0.4 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 2 London 09.08.2012
    8 19.53 +0.7 Walter Dix USA 31.01.86 2 Bruxelles 16.09.2011
    9 19.54 ±0.0 Yohan Blake JAM 26.12.89 1 Bruxelles 07.09.2012
    10 19.55 -0.1 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Beijing 27.08.2015
    11 19.56 -0.8 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Kingston 01.05.2010
    12 19.57 ±0.0 Usain Bolt JAM 21.08.86 1 Bruxelles 04.09.2009

Bolt has ran far more fast times than MJ has.

If we wwere just talking PR's a 19.32 in 1996 can be compared to a 19.19 in 2009, but it's the difference in Bolt running fast far more times.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-08-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pgardn see how's it's really done, ya talk sprinters, the action, the times, ok? Something you can;'t do.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    pgardn see how's it's really done, ya talk sprinters, the action, the times, ok? Something you can;'t do.
    Sure you do.

Times... grain of salt for the tops guys.

Where, and who they beat much more important. Other times during that same meet inflated or deflated? Please think for once. We all know who is fast. But line em up against each other in a top International European race and then we got something. Did they come into the race in form or have they just started rigid race training?

You should also know this.

But you like to live in the past.

And you still know just a smidgen of what the sport really entails. That's cruelly evident. Go on. Make another hypothetical list.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sure you do.

Times... grain of salt for the tops guys.

Where, and who they beat much more important. Other times during that same meet inflated or deflated? Please think for once. We all know who is fast. But line em up against each other in a top International European race and then we got something. Did they come into the race in form or have they just started rigid race training?

You should also know this.

But you like to live in the past.

And you still know just a smidgen of what the sport really entails. That's cruelly evident. Go on. Make another hypothetical list.
    Dude, why did you just tell me the obvious? YES....it's about plus or negative wind, who ya beat IS sprinting. Who is starting their season late, who just came off an indoor season and on and on......

Come on guy, stop boring the out of me, ok?

The thing is this dude, you don't know a damn thing about who is suppose to be beating who. Dude, I can talk the RIGHT NOW HS scene, the NCAA, so cool this stupid...in the past...bull , ok?

Stupid. I subscribe to Track & Field News Magazine, I have been getting my copy every month since 1966, ok guy? I know what's happening at all times, ok?

Dude, do people tell you how boring you are?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-08-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only Avante can do this.

All Time California 4x1 relay the fantasy.

lane

1.CPSLO...Bobby Turner...Cecil Turner...Karron Conwright...Clancy Edwards
    2.SDS....Marty Kruelee...Howad Williams....David Russell...Steve Williams
    3.SJS...Ronnie Ray Smith...John Carlos...Ray Norton...Tommie Smith
    4.USC...Lennox Miller..Andre DeGrasse...Don Quarrie...James Sanford
    5.UCLA...Mike Marsh...Ato Boldon...Lloyd LaBeach...Warren Edmonson
    6.Cal...Lemon King...Hal Davis...Atleee Mahorn...Eddie Hart
    7.Azusa Pacific...Ozmond Ezinwa..ReMontay McClain..Innocent Igbunike...Davidson Ezinwa
    8.Fresno State...Darel Newman...Terry Bowen..Les Laing...Mike Agostini

Yep, everyone running the leg they should.

Who wants to see Texas?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dude, why did you just tell me the obvious? YES....it's about plus or negative wind, who ya beat IS sprinting. Who is starting their season late, who just came off an indoor season and on and on......

The thing is this dude, you don't know a damn thing about who is suppose to be beating who. Dude, I can talk the RIGHT NOW HS scene, the NCAA, so cool this stupid...in the past...bull , ok?

Stupid. I subscribe to Track & Field News Magazine, I have been getting my copy every month since 1966, ok guy? I know what's happening at all times, ok?

You got thrown off their website.

No.

Everything you put down is a click away. It involves zero analysis. It's numbers and names. I know who the first president is, the 2nd, the 3rd...

You are quite possibly the dullest person on this board who continues to think of yourself as the most knowledgeable. So people pick at you to illustrate your shallowness.

The board needs you. Your internal conversations are actually quite humorous. I'm a fan.

avante....
    pgardn....
    avante...
    pgardn...
    avante rubs off sausage grease, accepts victory

Publish this.
    More.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pgardn explaining why he's the expert. Avante showing why no one takes him serious.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You got thrown off their website.

No.

Everything you put down is a click away. It involves zero analysis. It's numbers and names. I know who the first president is, the 2nd, the 3rd...

You are quite possibly the dullest person on this board who continues to think of yourself as the most knowledgeable. So people pick at you to illustrate your shallowness.

The board needs you. Your internal conversations are actually quite humorous. I'm a fan.

avante....
    pgardn....
    avante...
    pgardn...
    avante rubs off sausage grease, accepts victory

Publish this.
    More.

Ok guy then this is just a click away.

All Time Texas Southern 100m,

lane

1.Nigerian
    2.Formerly of Blinn JC
    3.10.16PR
    4.from Oakland Cali
    5.once beat Borzov on a 4x1 anchor
    6.9.3 PR
    7.first stud TSU sprinter
    8.9.4PR

Give me the name.

Remember just a click away,

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Tranny Reck get in here and tell us about your thoughts on this groundbreaking movie already. Nobody like a pussy progressive.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How'd you like it, Reck? Better than Brokeback?

Tranny Reck you gonna give us some insight on the value of this 'transcendent' film, or are you only progressive when it suits you?
    Tranny Reck get in here and tell us about your thoughts on this groundbreaking movie already. Nobody like a pussy progressive.
    somebody has a crush on reck.
    My own personal boy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    pgardn, just a click awy, right?

All Time KC Chiefs 100m

I'll give ya the school, you give me the name, remember, just a click away.

lane

1.LSU
    2.SJS
    3.Grambling
    4.Texas
    5.Oregon
    6.NWLa
    7.Oklahoma State
    8.Houston

Just a click away.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm bored with track.

Moving on to the rasslin'

Who can give me 10 rasslers who played football at West Texas State?

10 rasslers who were in the movies?

Give me the last name.

Tank.....

Smasher........

Crusher......

Sky Hi.....

Killer...........

Thunderbolt..............

Brickhouse.............

Wild..........

Skull................

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    My own personal boy.
    Keep me out of your gay fantasies.....

Too scared to opine on this movie? Not as progressive as you claim to be?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

The wind is accounted for.

The al ude and the surface itself are horribly important are not measured. But they can be discussed. Do so.
    Just names and times.
    No analysis.
    Congrats on your ability to put on a thin coat of paint.

Your lists have no readership. The conversations you dream up are gems.
    No poetry either. I can list all the states and their state bird. Boring.
    And you still don't know the very basics of running.

Its pretty clear high al udes create less wind resistance. But they have a drawback as well. What is it? What air pressure would you consider optimal for sprinting and why? Knowing this, which major track events have the possibility of producing the fastest times in sprinting.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The wind is accounted for.

The al ude and the surface itself are horribly important are not measured. But they can be discussed. Do so.
    Just names and times.
    No analysis.
    Congrats on your ability to put on a thin coat of paint.

Your lists have no readership. The conversations you dream up are gems.
    No poetry either. I can list all the states and their state bird. Boring.
    And you still don't know the very basics of running.

Its pretty clear high al udes create less wind resistance. But they have a drawback as well. What is it? What air pressure would you consider optimal for sprinting and why? Knowing this, which major track events have the possibility of producing the fastest times in sprinting.
    I don't know if you have some comprehension malfunction or what. but you totally ignoring what is said has to go.

Totally bored talking track with a guy who doesn't know a damn thing about the athletes, the action. So I;m moving on to the rasslin' now something else you know nothing about.

Did ya see me and William Hung sharing some opinions about the actual athletes involved? You can't do that so ya get all wrapped up in a bunch of boring nobody ever thinks or cares about.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought the Sufjan Stevens music was every bit as crucial to the mood of the film as the two lead performances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't know if you have some comprehension malfunction or what. but you totally ignoring what is said has to go.

Totally bored talking track with a guy who doesn't know a damn thing about the athletes, the action. So I;m moving on to the rasslin' now something else you know nothing about.

Did ya see me and William Hung sharing some opinions about the actual athletes involved? You can't do that so ya get all wrapped up in a bunch of boring nobody ever thinks or cares about.
    Which are conveniently, things you can't memorize or click quickly shallow man.
    Spurraider literally walks in to a post, answers the easy question that you never had a chance at, then poops on your head and leaves. That had to be humiliating.

Avante.
    Go back and read your claim.
    Then admit, you know a very small fraction of a sport you claim to know better than anyone on this board.
    Do you want me to post it again? What you wrote?

Alberto Juantorena's feat of winning at two of the toughest consecutive distances will not be replaced IMO. What do you think and why?

I can see the 100 and 200 easily again. The 200, 400 as well. But the 400 to the 800... Damn difficult. The 800 to the mile or 1500 , I can see it. The 1500 to the 5K as well. The 5k to the 10k, check. The 10K to the marathon, if they keep them separated by enough rest.

Discuss. Without a list.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What Juantorena did in 76 was amazing. The only thing negative that can be said is the USA/World was a bit down in the 400m. Nobody is having Fred Newhouse,Herman Frazier Maxie Parks, Benny Brown in with the great USA 400m cats. If he'd had to have faced Lee Evans, Larry James, Tommie Smith~~~ I do see things being different, but.....that wasn't the situation.

Would you believe a runner who held the American record in the 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and the mile?

~~~ if he'd ran the 400m, a WR holder who rarely ran the event.

Then there was the great Jamaican Arthur Wint, who had a stride superior to that of Juantorena.

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Prof...&EventCode=MA3

Can't talk 400/800 without......

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Prof...&EventCode=MA3
    Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What Juantorena did in 76 was amazing. The only thing negative that can be said is the USA/World was a bit down in the 400m. Nobody is having Fred Newhouse, Maxie Parks, Benny Brown in with the great USA 400m cats. If he'd had to have faced Lee Evans, Larry James, Tommie Smith~~~ I do see things being different, but.....that wasn't the situation.

Would you believe a runner who held the American record in the 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 and the mile?

~~~ if he'd ran the 400m, a WR holder who rarely ran the event.
    Its a different world now.

Look at the body of 400 and an 800 runner today to see why. Specialization. The physiology of doubling; the body must be able to do incredible things to deal out energy properly. And it is so difficult for this double 400/800. I would have to call a person that can accomplish this in today's world a true freak. 800 up you must have endurance, you have to carry that mass a whole other lap. 400, you still gotta be awfully fast. These are incredibly painful distances.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its a different world now.

Look at the body of 400 and an 800 runner today to see why. Specialization. The physiology of doubling; the body must be able to do incredible things to deal out energy properly. And it is so difficult for this double 400/800. I would have to call a person that can accomplish this in today's world a true freak. 800 up you must have endurance, you have to carry that mass a whole other lap. 400, you still gotta be awfully fast. These are incredibly painful distances.
    Right there is why I don't like talking to you, you pretty much just rattle on never really replying to what the other guy says. Ya don't want to talk ya want to preach.

Dude, you don't find it weird that anyone could hold all those American records, well? Answer the question, ok?

What about the 400m being weak in 1976? Well?

Dude, don't just ramble on with no reponding to what was said, that sucks.

Now try it again and ...talk....cool the preaching bull , ok?

Dude, things are different today? well no . So why bring up 1976, and then.....things are different today, ha~~~~

Actually....

When Arthur Wint beat fellow Jamaican Herb McKenley in thst Olympic 400m he beat the WR holder, and when he came in second to Mal Whitfield in the 800m he lost to the American record holder, that's more impressive in my book that what Juantorena did.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Bear Hug Defense
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    I'm bored with track.

Moving on to the rasslin'

Who can give me 10 rasslers who played football at West Texas State?
    Dusty Rhodes
    o "El Matador" Santana
    Tully Blanchard
    Stan Hansen
    "Bruiser" Brody
    Terry and Dory Funk Jr.
    Ted "Million Dollar Man" Dibiase
    Murdock
    Barry Windham

10 rasslers who were in the movies?
    EASY!

Hulk Hogan
    Batista
    Kane
    The Miz
    Ted Dibiase Jr
    John Cena
    The Rock
    Jesse "The Body" Ventura
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    Goldberg

Give me the last name.

Tank.....Abbot

Smasher........Sloan not Barry Darsow aka Smash

Crusher......Kruschev aka Barry Darsow!

Sky Hi.....Lee

Killer...........Kowalski

Thunderbolt..............Patterson terrible worker but could talk them in the building

Brickhouse.............Brown

Wild..........Red Berry also a manager for Gorilla Monsoon

Skull................Murphy lot of Canadian wrestlers in this list

I can talk the rasslin'

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dusty Rhodes
    o "El Matador" Santana
    Tully Blanchard
    Stan Hansen
    "Bruiser" Brody
    Terry and Dory Funk Jr.
    Ted "Million Dollar Man" Dibiase
    Murdock
    Barry Windham

EASY!

Hulk Hogan
    Batista
    Kane
    The Miz
    Ted Dibiase Jr
    John Cena
    The Rock
    Jesse "The Body" Ventura
    "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    Goldberg

Give me the last name.

Tank.....Abbot

Smasher........Sloan not Barry Darsow aka Smash

Crusher......Kruschev aka Barry Darsow!

Sky Hi.....Lee

Killer...........Kowalski

Thunderbolt..............Patterson terrible worker but could talk them in the building

Brickhouse.............Brown

Wild..........Red Berry also a manager for Gorilla Monsoon

Skull................Murphy lot of Canadian wrestlers in this list

I can talk the rasslin'

BRAVO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking Tank Morgan.

Crusher Lisowski, Crusher Blackwell, Crusher Verdu. If ya recall it was Krusher Kruschev (Darsow also The Repo Man)

Now that's what I'm talking about, very cool.

Now give me 10 more rasslers who were in the movies.

When I was a kid we'd visit my aunt who lived in Sacramento, they got wrestling from Calgary, names like Czaya Nandor, Bulldog Brower, Sandor Kovacs, Killer Kowalski.

Give me his tag team partners name.

Art Neilson and....?

Al Costello and.....?

Jackie Fargo and...?

Red Bastien and....?

Alberto Torres and...?

Ricky Morton and...?

Marty Janetty and...?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Love the rasslin'. yep, fake as but so are movies, so what? Ya simply play along.

Trivia

1.Give me 4 Nature Boys.

2.Give me 10 rasslers who played pro football.

3.Give me 10 Indian rasslers (real or imagined).

4.The largest rasslin' family, no less than....six of them.

5.The first masked rassler to be allowed to rassle in New York?

6.Give me the last name of these black rasslers...

Bobo........
    Dory........
    Bearcat..........
    Shaska.....
    Sailor Art......
    Sweetdaddy......
    Ernie.....
    Woody....
    Savannah.....
    Tiger....
    Earl.....
    Rocky......
    Tony.......
    Iceman.....
    Ahmad.....
    Last edited by Avante; 03-09-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's always funny once it realy hits people, this guy ain't Googling a damn thing he really does know all that stuff. And how they refuse to ever actually admit that.

I was 6-7 years old watching the rasslin' with my grandma, I'd sit on the floor next to her rocking chair and spit can, she chewed snuff. Yep, do not knock over that spit can. Been into the rasslin' ever since, yep, granny thought it was real and so did I at that age.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Right there is why I don't like talking to you, you pretty much just rattle on never really replying to what the other guy says. Ya don't want to talk ya want to preach.
    This is just beautiful. I knew you would come around.
    This is why the board needs you.
    The perfect in your face contradictions totally a mystery to you.

Son in law: Come on in good to see ya.
    Avante: Thanks What's happening
    Son in Law: Not much, doing some research, have a beer?
    Avante: sure, thanks. * son in law sits at computer*
    Son in Law: Say, you don't happen to know anything about track?
    Avante: well, as a matter o fact...

And this is how a typical conversation plays out in Avanteworld!

This, is perfectly hilarious. Your son in law unknowningly is researching something you think you know about and have beaten people over the head with. But son in law has no clue? Beautiful!

This type of fantasy conversation is a gem.
    Keep this blissfully hypocritical, mind numbingly obvious, Avante can't see himself in a mirror series going for ever.
    You sir, are a treasure trove of contradictions.

you pretty much just rattle on never really replying to what the other guy says

o McFly, o.
    This is why you are endlessly amusing.
    To me at least.

So do you think the 400/800 consecutive double is the toughest?
    Why or why not?

Thread Information