My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    So my Spotify wasn't working yesterday morning. I guess I was one of them that got the warning email a few days earlier but didn't see it. I forgot how lame the free version of Spotify is. Anyone have any other options for free music? $10 month seems high imo. I'm not a student. Is there likely going to be another option within Month or two?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FM Radio?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I have no idea what's going on.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Dogfood was a patched version of spotify. Basically it allowed free users a near premium experience. No ads, unlimited skips, play any song, etc...

Looking for an app that i can select songs. I have a sub. to xm radio through my pickup that allows streaming but the price points are way off. I'm paying $5/month for xm.

Spotify offers half cost subs for students and also you can get a Spotify/hulu sub for $7 but that's again only for students. I listen to music a lot when i'm working out or just working in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soundcloud, Pandora, YouTube.. YouTube makes you pay for Red to have the ability to turn off your screen while you listen to music.. Pandora let's you choose songs, but doesn't always play what you selected.

Tbh, just pay the damn fee for Spotify, you obviously use it regularly. I have it (mooching off a family plan atm) but if it cancelled I'd have no choice but to pay as I couldn't imagine not being able to play my playlists in the car anymore.

Only other thing I could recommend is the free trial of Apple Music (3months) but if you're in a hardship like this I'm assuming you also don't have an iPhone..
    Last edited by DJR210; 03-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napster is ing terrible tbh, that's why I didn't include it.. I get it free w/ T-Mobile and would pay for a service before I'd use it. It's missing so much music that are standard on all the top streaming apps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Napster is ing terrible tbh, that's why I didn't include it.. I get it free w/ T-Mobile and would pay for a service before I'd use it. It's missing so much music that are standard on all the top streaming apps.
    Was joking actually. Didn't even realize Napster was still a thing. I haven't used it since Metallica ed it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was joking actually. Didn't even realize Napster was still a thing. I haven't used it since Metallica ed it up.
    Yeah, Napster took over the Rhapsody brand, and it was all down hill from there

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Soundcloud, Pandora, YouTube.. YouTube makes you pay for Red to have the ability to turn off your screen while you listen to music.. Pandora let's you choose songs, but doesn't always play what you selected.

Tbh, just pay the damn fee for Spotify, you obviously use it regularly. I have it (mooching off a family plan atm) but if it cancelled I'd have no choice but to pay as I couldn't imagine not being able to play my playlists in the car anymore.

Only other thing I could recommend is the free trial of Apple Music (3months) but if you're in a hardship like this I'm assuming you also don't have an iPhone..
    Probably more the idea of paying that much for music is more the issue. I read a story that said even during the heydays of ordering CDs from bmg that $120/year was the max people would pay for music and apparently that number still holds true.

I could afford cable or dish but I don't do that either.

Trying out Amazon music but there pricing is ed. Sounds cheap but to get those prices you have to be a prime member and/or only use on your echo. Changing ones music service and their library now is akin to changing cell phone providers prior to before you were able to carry over your number.

How about I just pay your account your mooching off the $36 a year for one of the lines?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I use Apple Music, student plan (since my alumni email is still active). 4.99 a month. Spotify interface is still the gold standard, but the Apple Music library is as big or bigger. For $60/year I'll manage.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use iTunes match for $25/year, my entire mp3 library is on it.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I use iTunes match for $25/year, my entire mp3 library is on it.
    I think there's literally two songs I've ever bought as an MP3.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I use Apple Music, student plan (since my alumni email is still active). 4.99 a month. Spotify interface is still the gold standard, but the Apple Music library is as big or bigger. For $60/year I'll manage.
    How long do they keep those active?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's literally two songs I've ever bought as an MP3.
    I've bought three. It matches songs in your library, and uploads all the others. If I buy albums digitally, it's direct from the artist.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    How long do they keep those active?
    Life, tbh. The alumni account (GMail based) lets you forward from your original account for life. But you can use student plan for a period of 4 years (6 month re-verification).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use Spotify Premium, regular plan.

Google Play Music seems to have a better suggestion algorithm, but its UI is a cluster and is unintuitive.

As resistanze said, Spotify's UI is the best.
    And I can use Spotify Premium with my Google Home Mini.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Find someone who has a Netflix or the like and get Spotify family plan.

Thread Information