Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teaching moment for him. Only way to learn how to handle really tight defense in 4th Q is to be put in those situations...
    I think he'll learn more if the team actually makes the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters gonna hate

Lololololololololololololol wut? Lolololololo so dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he was the worst player last night then?
    No, but HE ruined lots of games at the most important moments, not the other guys.
    Thread is Dejounte Murray, and he sucks as much as Green, Patty, Gasol, one of the main reasons why Spurs wont reach the 50 win mark this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll learn more if the team actually makes the playoffs.
    at this point id rather a late lottery pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was one of the main reasons for Spurs' '02/'03 success, while Speedy rode the bench injured for half of the season, then barely played when he was healthy.

Tony was playing so well in the Finals in the early games, that some commentators said he was a candidate Finals MVP.

Speedy did come in 4th qtr in the Finals, game 6?, hit a couple jumpers, then essentially disappeared from the NBA.

It's a myth that Speedy closed lots of games while Tony sat.
    Dude hit a couple 15 footers and somehow the krew thinks he bailed out our 2nd option. Their championship DVD is probably scratched and repeating those 2 shots or something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude hit a couple 15 footers and somehow the krew thinks he bailed out our 2nd option. Their championship DVD is probably scratched and repeating those 2 shots or something.
    Yes, people also forget that the Nets gladly gave Speedy those 15 footers because he wasn’t a great shooter (part of the reason he didn’t last in the NBA). When Parker was on the floor, they couldn’t stop him until they made an adjustment in the last two games and put Kerry Kittles on him. That became the new way to guard Parker...putting 2s and 3s on him instead of 1s (Kidd couldn’t guard Parker because he wasn’t long enough or fast enough). By the next season, Parker learned how to beat swing defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, people also forget that the Nets gladly gave Speedy those 15 footers because he wasn’t a great shooter (part of the reason he didn’t last in the NBA). When Parker was on the floor, they couldn’t stop him until they made an adjustment in the last two games and put Kerry Kittles on him. That became the new way to guard Parker...putting 2s and 3s on him instead of 1s (Kidd couldn’t guard Parker because he wasn’t long enough or fast enough). By the next season, Parker learned how to beat swing defenders.
    Next season we got backswept by the Lakers because Parker couldn't score against them... What are u talking about? And in the nets series Parker was benched... It was a media talking point too... Speedy stepped up big time with his energy and shots

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters gonna hate

Although I think Murray has a lot of potential, and is currently as good a PG option as there is on this team (Mills & Forbes are really small SG's, Parker & Manu are old, White is untested - but should be getting more time), this is deceptive. It's being driven by the REB%. Drop that and many PG's will qualify.

There are 9 players this season alone:

https://www.basketball-reference.com....5&order_by=ws

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although I think Murray has a lot of potential, and is currently as good a PG option as there is on this team (Mills & Forbes are really small SG's, Parker & Manu are old, White is untested - but should be getting more time), this is deceptive. It's being driven by the REB%. Drop that and many PG's will qualify.

There are 9 players this season alone:

https://www.basketball-reference.com....5&order_by=ws
    These people just see a stat and throw it out there. St, and current bb analytics are so very very thinly connected to individual player performance. Yet, there are actual jobs created to try and do this. Its just so dumb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These people just see a stat and throw it out there. St, and current bb analytics are so very very thinly connected to individual player performance. Yet, there are actual jobs created to try and do this. Its just so dumb.
    I'm not as down as you are on statistical analytics. People have been making that argument in other sports for a while, and it appears to be a loser - see Billy Bean and Moneyball in baseball. The rockets have seen significant success with their analytics driven play style. Analytics is showing up a lot in soccer - and it has changed the game, compare today's soccer to 15 years ago... Of course, you can play a lot of games with stats, but you can also pull a lot of value. What was posted was an example of statistical cherry picking by adding a stat (Reb %) that is outside the PG's role on the team. While rebounding the PG slot is nice, it's not determinant with how good the team's PG play is working.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    zero assists in 25 minutes from this piece of tonight "point guard" smh. trade this scrub to some dumb GM who thinks he has value because he's young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zero assists in 25 minutes from this piece of tonight "point guard" smh. trade this scrub to some dumb GM who thinks he has value because he's young.
    Watch your mouth, some posters here could call you šidiotš for making such statement...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had 3 assists...and i can bring up many games from a 21 year old parker where he had less assists than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol@ posters bringing up assists to judge murray on a spurs team where their HOF PG averaged 5 assists for his career...spurs arent a team where one man gets a lot of points or assists...nevertheless a 21 year old...get over it

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was not terrible tonight. Just average but nothing special. A lot of dumb mistakes his head still not in it. Looks like Gonzo Testicle going raw on him still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't have zero assists tho

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    he had zero assists 25 minutes in not till garbage time did he find forbes for some garbage 3s. zero playmaking and bad shooting per par tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he sure played terrible defense

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had zero assists 25 minutes in not till garbage time did he find forbes for some garbage 3s. zero playmaking and bad shooting per par tbh
    Hes only slightly effective in a fast break situation, however he showed last night during a fast break he has no court vision or passing ability. His only game is coast to coast streetball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes only slightly effective in a fast break situation, however he showed last night during a fast break he has no court vision or passing ability. His only game is coast to coast streetball
    How many assists do u want him to average? The guy had three... Are we gonna go through every point guards career and see the games where they had meaningless assists? All assists count... Lol

Parker was horrible last season, had a few good games in the playoffs, but was so done his body broke down... Parker is barely good this year... He has had many trash games, but ppl don't call him out for it... Murray is regarded as a good young talent by everyone else except u guys... U know why? Because we actually watch other young point guards and realize Murray is on par with them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many assists do u want him to average? The guy had three... Are we gonna go through every point guards career and see the games where they had meaningless assists? All assists count... Lol

Parker was horrible last season, had a few good games in the playoffs, but was so done his body broke down... Parker is barely good this year... He has had many trash games, but ppl don't call him out for it... Murray is regarded as a good young talent by everyone else except u guys... U know why? Because we actually watch other young point guards and realize Murray is on par with them
    You know nothing about basketball. There is no set number of apg he needs to have. He cant run a fast break properly. Thats a problem. His only strength is to drive to the rim yet he cannot effectively draw defenders. His job every time down the floor is to initiate the offense and he consistently dribbles to and stops in a trap spot. He gets balls batted trying to pass to the wing from top of key. Its shameful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know nothing about basketball. There is no set number of apg he needs to have. He cant run a fast break properly. Thats a problem. His only strength is to drive to the rim yet he cannot effectively draw defenders. His job every time down the floor is to initiate the offense and he consistently dribbles to and stops in a trap spot. He gets balls batted trying to pass to the wing from top of key. Its shameful.
    Like i said

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the better point guard; Murray may be a better 2 guard more than pg if he could shoot.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 points in a half when Spurs are on the verge of missing the playoffs.

Thread Information