Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was looking forward to this but it was highly disappointed after watching it.

Boring and sappy. Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors but I thought this role was over emoted.

5/10

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Since we have yet another...0....thread by our bogus EXPERT.

Scored the book....ARGO***.....today, yep, a movie was made from the book.

Realy into this Middle Eastern stuff, I find it very intersting how things could be so different over there than it is here. How backward thinking those people are.

The story of Mohammad and how he bull ted everyone into buying into his Islam, an amazing story.

Only bummer is I have a bunch of books ahead of it, also must reads.

*** and a CD by Sam Smith...The Thrill Of It All.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-07-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it was the darkest hour
    out on the desert tonight
    just me and some coyotes
    and this campfire light

I lite a joint
    took a long hit
    got up to take a leak
    had to spit

I went out to a cactus
    as the wind did blow
    this really screwed up my aim
    so I pissed on my toe

never seen a darker hour
    it was as black as could be
    one thing for sure
    I'll get behind the truck
    the next time I need to pee

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Since we have yet another...0....thread by our bogus EXPERT.

Scored the book....ARGO***.....today, yep, a movie was made from the book.

Realy into this Middle Eastern stuff, I find it very intersting how things could be so different over there than it is here. How backward thinking those people are.

The story of Mohammad and how he bull ted everyone into buying into his Islam, an amazing story.

Only bummer is I have a bunch of books ahead of it, also must reads.

*** and a CD by Sam Smith...The Thrill Of It All.
    I really doubt many have seen the movie. I sure wish I hadn't. If I can keep just one person from wasting 2 hours of their life, then this thread is a success.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really doubt many have seen the movie. I sure wish I hadn't. If I can keep just one person from wasting 2 hours of their life, then this thread is a success.
    Why are you so wrapped up in movies? I've probably seen more movies than anyone here but what is to talk about? I don't care what others watch or don't watch, what's that to me?

I;m going to give you my top 10 movies in no particulat order, do you or anyone else really care?

Roadhouse
    Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    King Kong 1933
    Casablanca
    On the Waterfront
    The Roadwarrior
    Warriors
    The Searchers
    Dracula
    Last edited by Avante; 03-07-2018 at 09:37 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, talking movies.

The worst famous movie of all time in my opinion.....Godzilla. Everything about it was ty. But.....a great story that could have been a great movie if done right.

The greatest scene in moviedom.......King Kong as he breaks into the natives village, we see him standing there as the gates slowly open.

The greatest dialogue ....Marlon Brando....I could have been a contender, I could have been somebody....in On The Watefront.

The greatest supporting actor role.....George Kennedy as Dragline in Cool Hand Luke.

My fav last scene.....Ethan (John Wayne) delivers the girl back to the relatives (The Searchers) with no "thank you" or anything, so he just turns and walks away as the door closes.

Most anticipated movie for me.....Conan. I'd already read the 12 books of the Robert E. Howard saga. Nobody sold heroic fantasy like REH, yep, the master.

The movie did start out with Conan running fom a pack of wolves just like it should have, but went downhill from there. Arnold had no idea who Conan was suppose to be.

The silent movies have a lot of classics. And a weirdness in some like The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari can can never be matched. Nosteratu ......amazing. The Theif of Baghdad, incredible. Then there is Lon Chaney, what can ya say about this cat?

Last edited by Avante; 03-07-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why are you so wrapped up in movies?
    I like watching a good movie. Most people do. So it's easy to have a discussion about. I've seen a bunch of good movies based on comments in Spurstalk. Movies I may have never stumbled upon myself.
    And it's interesting to get different takes from people that have seen the same thing.

It's why movies, television, restaurants, and music get so much discussion. Most have opinions on all of those.

Look...I could get on here and talk about track and field all day long. But it's pretty boring stuff that no one wants to hear.

I've probably seen more movies than anyone here but what is to talk about? I don't care what others watch or don't watch, what's that to me?

I;m going to give you my top 10 movies in no particulat order, do you or anyone else really care?

Roadhouse
    Cool Hand Luke
    The Godfather
    King Kong 1933
    Casablanca
    On the Waterfront
    The Roadwarrior
    Warriors
    The Searchers
    Dracula
    You have some good movies on there. I haven't seen any of the old ones though. King Kong, Casablanca (keep meaning to watch), etc.

The Godfather and Cool Hand Luke are great. and Road Warrior.

Roadhouse was entertaining to me back in the day but no way I could put it in a top 50 list. It was running a month ago and I couldn't watch it. Doesn't hold up.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I like watching a good movie. Most people do. So it's easy to have a discussion about. I've seen a bunch of good movies based on comments in Spurstalk. Movies I may have never stumbled upon myself.
    And it's interesting to get different takes from people that have seen the same thing.

It's why movies, television, restaurants, and music get so much discussion. Most have opinions on all of those.

Look...I could get on here and talk about track and field all day long. But it's pretty boring stuff that no one wants to hear.

You have some good movies on there. I haven't seen any of the old ones though. King Kong, Casablanca (keep meaning to watch), etc.

The Godfather and Cool Hand Luke are great. and Road Warrior.

Roadhouse was entertaining to me back in the day but no way I could put it in a top 50 list. It was running a month ago and I couldn't watch it. Doesn't hold up.
    You make your mistake by saying stuff like.....I could talk track and field all day long. Why make stuff up like that? Dude, who will make the finals of this weekends NCAA 60m? You haven't a clue and we both know this. I prove I can talk movies, I don't BS about it.

Dude, if you really knew track and field you couldn't talk kids and 20,00 200m. You'd know better. I know ya really don't understand just how ridiculous that really is. If ya knew track you would.

How could anyone into movies but has never seen the 1933 King Kong and Casablanca, I find that hard to believe.

Roadhouse a must watch in my opinion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You make your mistake by saying stuff like.....I could talk track and field all day long. Why make stuff up like that? Dude, who will make the finals of this weekends NCAA 60m? You haven't a clue and we both know this. I prove I can talk movies, I don't BS about it.

Dude, if you really knew track and field you couldn't talk kids and 20,00 200m. You'd know better. I know ya really don't understand just how ridiculous that really is. If ya knew track you would.

How could anyone into movies but has never seen the 1933 King Kong and Casablanca, I find that hard to believe.

Roadhouse a must watch in my opinion.
    I'll see Casablanca at some point. But with the advances in special effects, it would be very difficult for me to see 1933 King Kong and not dwell on how outdated it is.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll see Casablanca at some point. But with the advances in special effects, it would be very difficult for me to see 1933 King Kong and not dwell on how outdated it is.
    Dude, there is NOTHING today that comes remotely close to capturing the feel of them old blues from the 20's and 30's. It's suppose to sound old and antique, that is the appeal. Yep, like buying antiques, it's not suppose to look new.

King Kong isn't suppoe to be like what we see today, no more than a vintage 1923 Ford is. THAT....is the appeal.

I guess you and silent movies would never work, yep, ya really don't get it.

So bore me with who will be in that NCAA 60m final this weekend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, there is NOTHING today that comes remotely close to capturing the feel of them old blues from the 20's and 30's. It's suppose to sound old and antique, that is the appeal. Yep, like buying antiques, it's not suppose to look new.

King Kong isn't suppoe to be like what we see today, no more than a vintage 1923 Ford is. THAT....is the appeal.

I guess you and silent movies would never work, yep, ya really don't get it.

So bore me with who will be in that NCAA 60m final this weekend.
    I think you're off on analogizing (making a comparison of something with something else to assist understanding) old music and old movies.
    Maybe not...maybe you've got a decent point. I'll have to give it some thought.

And I'm not about to talk track and field in a movie thread.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think you're off on analogizing (making a comparison of something with something else to assist understanding) old music and old movies.
    Maybe not...maybe you've got a decent point. I'll have to give it some thought.

And I'm not about to talk track and field in a movie thread.
    Have you ever seen a silent movie from the 20's?

Dude, why do you continue to lie about knowing track? Do you really think you are fooling anyone, come on guy?

And.....so you never get off topic in any thread, BULL .

Dude, how about.....I don't have a clue about track, ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have you ever seen a silent movie from the 20's?
    Not that I can remember.

Dude, why do you continue to lie about knowing track? Do you really think you are fooling anyone, come on guy?
    I know track. What would possibly be the motive for lying about it? What benefit is there to be gained from lying about knowing track and field?

And.....so you never get off topic in any thread, BULL .
    I try not to. You can go back and check. I think I've gotten better about staying on topic. Do you try to get better?

Dude, how about.....I don't have a clue about track, ok?
    I believe you.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not that I can remember.

I know track. What would possibly be the motive for lying about it? What benefit is there to be gained from lying about knowing track and field?

I try not to. You can go back and check. I think I've gotten better about staying on topic. Do you try to get better?

I believe you.
    Dude, if ya really love movies how in the can you not get silent movies?

Watch this....

See that Avante thread by Trill? Go there and talk to me about this weekends NCAA 60m, ok?

Here's what is going to happen......0.....yep, ya know nothing about it at all. Prove me wrong, yep, ya can't.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, if ya really love movies how in the can you not get silent movies?

Watch this....

See that Avante thread by Trill? Go there and talk to me about this weekends NCAA 60m, ok?

Hers's what is going to happen......0.....yep, ya know nothing about it at all. Prove me werong, yep, ya can't.
    LOL at the thought of me going into another thread just to answer to you.

It's gay as that you even asked.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL at the thought of me going into another thread just to answer to you.

It's gay as that you even asked.
    Dude, you use every excuse there is to NEVER EVER answer anything about track, the reason being.......you are a liar, ya know nothing about it at all, NOTHING.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, you use every excuse there is to NEVER EVER answer anything about track, the reason being.......you are a liar, ya know nothing about it at all, NOTHING.
    See...now you're way off topic from the thread.

But I have posted several times about track. In fact, several of them were correcting you on mistakes you made.
    You got defensive about it all. It's pointless.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See...now you're way off topic from the thread.

But I have posted several times about track. In fact, several of them were correcting you on mistakes you made.
    You got defensive about it all. It's pointless.
    Dude, this thread was 100% dead, ok? And in case ya haven't noticed ...NOBODY...gives a damn about this thread, ok?

Dude, this has a point...

Male Hooker....blah blah
    Avante....blah blah

Well?

What it is is this, you lied about running a 20.00, and you lied about knowing track and we all see it. If ya really understood the sport you'd get just how damn stupid it is to be talking about kids and a 20.00 200m.

Dude, you aren't fooling anyone, ok?

We will never see you....

FSU's Andre Ewers, has ran the fastest NCAA 60 in 2018, but............

The reason being ya don't know about the sport.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was looking forward to this but it was highly disappointed after watching it.

Boring and sappy. Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors but I thought this role was over emoted.

5/10
    Thanks man. I was thinking of checking it out this weekend but will probably wait until it's on HBO or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks man. I was thinking of checking it out this weekend but will probably wait until it's on HBO or something.

Sure thing. It's why I do what I do.

Thread Information