Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point i just don't care; i want the highest pick we could get..
    There's an interesting thought.

Say PHX/MEM win the lotto and we call around and they offer up packages like #2+Booker or #2+Conley. Do we entertain a top pick in a good draft + an all star? As for some other prospects as well (Josh Jackson etc)? Is Kawhi in his current state even going to command such an offer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's an interesting thought.

Say PHX/MEM win the lotto and we call around and they offer up packages like #2+Booker or #2+Conley. Do we entertain a top pick in a good draft + an all star? As for some other prospects as well (Josh Jackson etc)? Is Kawhi in his current state even going to command such an offer?
    Memphis wouldn't offer Conley, seeing as he's part of the "Big Three" they would be trying to create. My guess is they'd add whatever they possibly could outside of Conley or Gasol to turn Parsons into Leonard. Issue is, they can't offer all that much besides their pick. Their team is filled with mediocre players who are finally not overachieving. Only guy on their roster I'd want is Brooks. They could do Brooks, MacLemore and Green (obviously along with their pick) for Leonard, but I don't see that being a particularly appealing deal to SA, and Memphis may reject it as well if they can't free up more ways to improve their roster around their new trio.

Honestly, Memphis makes much more sense as seller than buyer. I'd consider getting in on Conley if the price is low enough. The upside is obviously huge, and his contract is actually a plus, since it would almost require the team to move both Patty and Pau (who'd probably be welcomed back for a final year playing with his brother) to match salaries. If the team could somehow get that done while keeping their pick this year and one of Murray or White, it would be huge for the team's title chances.

Oh, and Phoenix would almost certainly balk at Booker. They'd only be trading for Kawhi to pair with their core, not to replace it. LMA for a lower price probably makes more sense, if the team is blowing it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe the Spurs want to pay Kawhi Leonard the supermax. They think teams that pay it either end up in luxury tax hell or have no room to add a supporting cast. They look at the Clippers (jeez), who are still looking like a playoff team after shedding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. They can hope that the drama of this season provides enough of a smokescreen to part ways with Leonard. They can manage expectations and whisper into ears that his uncle or whoever convinced him to leave and that’s why they had to deal him.

Peter Holt is gone, Tim Duncan is gone, Tony Parker and Manu Ginóbili are on the cusp of retirement, and Gregg Popovich is old and seemingly more interested in social issues than basketball. Culture is a result of leadership, and the leaders that drove Spurs culture either are gone, soon to be gone, or have their minds elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t believe the Spurs want to pay Kawhi Leonard the supermax. They think teams that pay it either end up in luxury tax hell or have no room to add a supporting cast. They look at the Clippers (jeez), who are still looking like a playoff team after shedding Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. They can hope that the drama of this season provides enough of a smokescreen to part ways with Leonard. They can manage expectations and whisper into ears that his uncle or whoever convinced him to leave and that’s why they had to deal him.

Peter Holt is gone, Tim Duncan is gone, Tony Parker and Manu Ginóbili are on the cusp of retirement, and Gregg Popovich is old and seemingly more interested in social issues than basketball. Culture is a result of leadership, and the leaders that drove Spurs culture either are gone, soon to be gone, or have their minds elsewhere.
    Agree with pretty much all of this. For those who haven't realized it yet -- Pop is using his new status as one of the all time great NBA coaches, to try and affect social change (whether you agree with his takes or not). He got 5 rings, that's pretty good. The rest, at this point, to him, is "just basketball."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By "his medical team" do they mean the Spurs' or Kawhi's? Who is the he in "his"? I assume they mean Kawhi's team, as the Spurs cleared him months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By "his medical team" do they mean the Spurs' or Kawhi's? Who is the he in "his"? I assume they mean Kawhi's team, as the Spurs cleared him months ago.
    "his" obviously refers to kawhi's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, Extra Stout sighting...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was reported multiple times he was aiming to come back mid-March, and Woj confirmed Salters' report. Pop wouldn't confirm the Spurs shutting down Kawhi, they need to sell tickets and keep fan interest up.
    The reports never said mid-March. Woj said end of March and everybody starting assuming earlier and earlier. No clue why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update*: WOJ just confirmed.

Just now on ABC. It's Lisa Salters, so take it with a huge grain of salt... but she sounded pretty adamant. THU. March 15th against the Pels. Guess we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Creative...

Thread Information