Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take it away and give it to Kawhi, who deserved his 3rd straight. Damn donkey shamelessly whining when losing to the superior player and then lobbying for awards (and all star appearances like the one this year that he didn't deserve).

Just got done watching Towns own Donkey in the last minute and a half for the win. Donkey jumping like a noob and Towns just going past him for the runner. And then Towns missing a bunny but getting the rebound and put-back on Donkey like he wasn't even there. Didn't see the whole game, but I know Kawhi wouldn't get targeted and owned like that with the game on the line. Donkey was pedestrian as on defense!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take it away and give it to Kawhi, who deserved his 3rd straight. Damn donkey shamelessly whining when losing to the superior player and then lobbying for awards (and all star appearances like the one this year that he didn't deserve).

Just got done watching Towns own Donkey in the last minute and a half for the win. Donkey jumping like a noob and Towns just going past him for the runner. And then Towns missing a bunny but getting the rebound and put-back on Donkey like he wasn't even there. Didn't see the whole game, but I know Kawhi wouldn't get targeted and owned like that with the game on the line. Donkey was pedestrian as on defense!
    He's always been a ty defender. The refs allow him to foul on every possession. I was impressed by Towns he had the right at ude of forcing the issue against Draymond in the final 5 minutes of the game unlike LMA few days ago. KAT forcefully backed him down and scored on him at will despite Draymond fouling him. That's how you need to play Draymond. He's going to get away with fouls but if you use your weight and height advantage against him he will eventually melt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's always been a ty defender. The refs allow him to foul on every possession. I was impressed by Towns he had the right at ude of forcing the issue against Draymond in the final 5 minutes of the game unlike LMA few days ago. KAT forcefully backed him down and scored on him at will despite Draymond fouling him. That's how you need to play Draymond. He's going to get away with fouls but if you use your weight and height advantage against him he will eventually melt.
    Not to mention that teams should just go to the rim all day when McGee ain't in there. Donkey is not only a below the rim player, he's a below the shot player. He cannot alter shots whatsoever on help defense. Giving a big like that a DPOY just cos he cherry picks a few shots (and fouls) is a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today’s game, any other player would’ve been called for a foul on that last minute post defense. Dude leans in like an offensive lineman. Why he alone is allowed to play that physical is embarrassing.

I actually don’t mind physical post D. But it’s bull when only one player in the league gets to do it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In today’s game, any other player would’ve been called for a foul on that last minute post defense. Dude leans in like an offensive lineman. Why he alone is allowed to play that physical is embarrassing.

I actually don’t mind physical post D. But it’s bull when only one player in the league gets to do it.
    He does that on the regular. He's always moving through the offensive player.

I didn't watch the game but just looking at the boxscore and seeing 1pf made my eyes twitch tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does that on the regular. He's always moving through the offensive player.

I didn't watch the game but just looking at the boxscore and seeing 1pf made my eyes twitch tbh.
    Meanwhile Bertans picks up 5 fouls in 10 minutes on petty . Unreal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This x 10000

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He plays for the league's flagship team the Warriors that's why he's allowed to get away with it. Take him off the Warriors and he would be a useless scrub that would foul out of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays for the league's flagship team the Warriors that's why he's allowed to get away with it. Take him off the Warriors and he would be a useless scrub that would foul out of games.
    Yeah of course. Most times they’ll get away with something, but what this guy gets away with is unreal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an above average on ball defender, good positional defender, and a really good switch defender due to versatility. But DPOY. Nope, not at all. In fact, Durant has done better this team than his previous 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the sentiment in this thread reminds me of when I watched some of the Cavs - Lakers game yesterday. ESPN/ABC kept showing this one play as a highlight where LeBron drove right baseline and clearly extended his elbow/forearm into Lonzo Ball's chest to push him back and get the layup. Like it couldn't have been a clearer offensive foul. But ofc LeBron is allowed to do it on every play.

Also the fact that Draymond routinely owns soft bigs like Aldridge probably made the coaches think wow this guy can guard 1-5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an above average on ball defender, good positional defender, and a really good switch defender due to versatility. But DPOY. Nope, not at all. In fact, Durant has done better this team than his previous 3.
    Agreed, Durant has more credibility winning that award. Look at the metrics of before/after he came to the Dubs. I think he leads them in rebounds and blocks too, as a SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take away green's 2016-17 DPOY award because of his play the following season? lul

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take away green's 2016-17 DPOY award because of his play the following season? lul
    It was an anecdote. We all know he wasn't the real 2016-17 DPOY.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    But I read on these very boards by Spurs fans that Kawhi’s defense regressed last season. If you take the award from Green, Rudy Gobert probably gets it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I read on these very boards by Spurs fans that Kawhi’s defense regressed last season. If you take the award from Green, Rudy Gobert probably gets it.
    It was his least best of the three seasons. It's not that he regressed in his skills. He operated at about ninety percent to conserve on the offensive end. That was still dominant compared to Donkey. Yea, Gobert probably was the most deserving candidate IIRC. The hype about Green being a close second the two previous seasons was just hype to make him seem like he deserved a make-up award. That's what the media does.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, Durant has more credibility winning that award. Look at the metrics of before/after he came to the Dubs. I think he leads them in rebounds and blocks too, as a SF
    help side blocks. KD is still a horrible man to man defender. He normally guards the worst shooter and camps out near the paint. That isn't working against Houston because everyone not named "Capela" on the floor can shoot. So this allows Green to camp out near the paint because Capela can't shoot. A team in which all 5 starters can shoot 3's(Pelicans with Boogie starting and rondo on the bench), Green and KD's defense get exploited. But it's always at least one person that can't shoot 3's in NBA lineups nowadays. The Warriors are probably the only team in which every player on the floor can consistently hit an open 3 when they go small with Green at the 5 and Iguadala at the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine what Hakeem, Jabaar, Ewing, Mourning, etc, etc, would do against this ass-clown?

Green as a DPOY is what you get when the league has turned into 3 point shooting contest.

LOL, today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba is a joke now, guys.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine what Hakeem, Jabaar, Ewing, Mourning, etc, etc, would do against this ass-clown?

Green as a DPOY is what you get when the league has turned into 3 point shooting contest.

LOL, today's NBA
    Kawhi was maybe the best DPOY I've seen though. He cut his defense back some to accommodate a growing offensive role; but he probably still should've won his third straight DPOY, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Draymond Green fumbling the ball away off of that donkey leg, which may have cost them the game and the series. The donkey leg getting in the way again to maybe another Championship?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Draymond Green fumbling the ball away off of that donkey leg, which may have cost them the game and the series. The donkey leg getting in the way again to maybe another Championship?
    Raymond w/ b2b errors down the stretch Decided to pass instead of calling t/o after the FT miss and then the leg fumble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is everyone disrespecting this deserving all star? Lots of great players fumble the ball with no one guarding them on the last play of a hugely important game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone disagree with anything I said 2 days ago?

Thread Information