Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this compare to what we got for Kawhi???????????

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad our guys got Derozan tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that's what phi offered for kawhi??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it gives the Sixers enough to beat the Raptors in the playoffs.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that's what phi offered for kawhi??
    Looks like trash.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they tried to give us that package with a 1st instead for Kawhi, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler also isnt as good as kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this compare to what we got for Kawhi???????????
    if we had gotten this pile of for Kawhitter this place would have imploded
    M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would be on track to win about 25 games if they would have taken the Covington and Saric deal from the Sixers. (But I'm not even sure the Sixers ever offered the Spurs Saric -- there was talk he too was untouchable along with Fultz . Saric was now available because he's been terrible to begin the season, tbh.)

It's difficult to compare Kawhi and Butler's value. Kawhi is obviously the better player at his best but Butler doesn't have the injury downside risk and Butler seems much more willing to sign long-term.

But, yeah, DeRozan + Poeltl + First - Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Covington + Saric + Second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would be on track to win about 25 games if they would have taken the Covington and Saric deal from the Sixers. (But I'm not even sure the Sixers ever offered the Spurs Saric -- there was talk he too was untouchable along with Fultz . Saric was now available because he's been terrible to begin the season, tbh.)

It's difficult to compare Kawhi and Butler's value. Kawhi is obviously the better player at his best but Butler doesn't have the injury downside risk and Butler seems much more willing to sign long-term.

But, yeah, DeRozan + Poeltl + First - Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Covington + Saric + Second
    Wolves also gave up Patton in the deal. Dude's been hurt and doesn't have a ton of value, but he at least cancels out the second-rounder (even if the 2022 draft is supposed to be great [which sucks because SA gave up their second for that draft already])

It's hilarious that the RealGMers are lauding Minny's FO. If you asked them Cov >>> DeRozan, and Saric > Poeltl so Thibs actually got a better haul in their book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we had gotten this pile of for Kawhitter this place would have imploded
    M
    Yeah, we were talking about this, plus Fultz, plus 10th-overall. Philly obviously thought they were in a much better position than they were is they were trying to sell this sandwich the whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know why some idiots actually thought we'd have anything close to Covington + Saric to offer for Butler. Pau + Mills is nowhere near that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know why some idiots actually thought we'd have anything close to Covington + Saric to offer for Butler. Pau + Mills is nowhere near that

Bbbb but 100 million dollars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was zero reason to add Mills to that trade. He wasn't needed to make the numbers work and was negative value. Gasol's mostly expiring status meant he was essentially a reset button for the franchise. At that point, it was just about the Spurs offering raw incentive, and you can totally argue that they had that with Walker and picks. I don't think Philly beat that hypothetical offer with this trade. Thibs took this because of fit/direction, not because of value. Obviously, we don't have reason to believe PATFO offered anything, but the same principle applies to Houston's trade, though that was its own sandwich that SA could have beaten easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was zero reason to add Mills to that trade. He wasn't needed to make the numbers work and was negative value. Gasol's mostly expiring status meant he was essentially a reset button for the franchise. At that point, it was just about the Spurs offering raw incentive, and you can totally argue that they had that with Walker and picks. I don't think Philly beat that hypothetical offer with this trade. Thibs took this because of fit/direction, not because of value. Obviously, we don't have reason to believe PATFO offered anything, but the same principle applies to Houston's trade, though that was its own sandwich that SA could have beaten easily.
    Covington + Saric + Draft pick is still way better than Pau, Walker and picks

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wannabe all star going to a wannabe contender

Still wont be enough to beat the best defensive team which also has the best player in the world. Toronto in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington + Saric + Draft pick is still way better than Pau, Walker and picks
    First, I don't think it is. Second, it depends on your aims. If you're trying to tank, then you don't want win-now vets. You used "draft pick" to describe Philly's/Denver's 2022 second. That's nowhere near as valuable as two firsts this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saric is decent and could be good, otherwise this is pretty trashy for the Wolves. I would have taken those four picks from Houston in a heartbeat, had they been offered.

Butler is overrated, but could be a good fit for the Sixers. They've not been great.

Spurs definitely got a better deal. I wish they could have pulled some actual picks or young players, but DDR is far better than Saric/Covington. It's just that the rest of the team is pretty bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking about this a bit more, this isn't horrible for Minnesota. First, I hate a lot of their players. KAT is soft as Charmin, and Wiggins is such an overpaid fraud. But getting a couple role-players to put around these guys is a good idea. Still, they're depending on a decrepit Derrick Rose who will get hurt again at any second.

This is addition by subtraction, since the other Wolves players decided they didn't want Butler around. It's the right sort of basketball move to make, to get these players, I just don't believe in the players they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way better deal than wht Spurs got!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea why Minny didn't take the 4 first rounders offered by Houston, instead of this trash

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wouldn’t be surprised if he causes drama on the 6ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd say Butler is the bigger injury risk. He's older and had real knee surgery and logged tons of minutes when he plays. Kawhi had a fake injury, never had any surgical procedure on his legs, is younger, and has been preserved by not playing as many tough minutes.

Thread Information