Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Saw both of these recommended on some website and was pleasantly surprised how good both of these are.

Good Time -
    I skipped over this several times because I didn't think I could buy Robert Pattinson with bleached hair playing a bad guy. Basically a botched crime goes bad and things get progressively more ed up.
    Good acting and cool score. Director does a great job getting the gritty feeling just right.
    8/10

Super Dark Times -
    Set in the 90's, a story of some teen friends who get involved in a ed up event. And like the above, things just get worse. Some great young actors and the director nails the time period.
    IIRC, it's the director's (Kevin Phillips) first full length movie. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from him.
    8/10
    I love this basic theme (the bolded), can't get enough of it...
    Except it does not have to be a crime. Just events taking place and random things happen and the situation becomes exponentially more complex or mixed up (2nd law of thermodynamics, sorta)

thanks...

*Your recommendation on Al o was spot on for me. I have watched it twice now looking at the reactions of different people to the software's decisions. It's clear some really good GO players saw this as new insight into their own thoughts while even the programmers were baffled at the magnitude of what the software meant strictly for the game of GO. The reactions (and how they changed) of everyone involved was illuminating for me.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-21-2018 at 06:49 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Saw both of these recommended on some website and was pleasantly surprised how good both of these are.

Good Time -
    I skipped over this several times because I didn't think I could buy Robert Pattinson with bleached hair playing a bad guy. Basically a botched crime goes bad and things get progressively more ed up.
    Good acting and cool score. Director does a great job getting the gritty feeling just right.
    8/10

Super Dark Times -
    Set in the 90's, a story of some teen friends who get involved in a ed up event. And like the above, things just get worse. Some great young actors and the director nails the time period.
    IIRC, it's the director's (Kevin Phillips) first full length movie. Looking forward to seeing more stuff from him.
    8/10
    Watched super dark times

The acting was fantastic. Some big gaps in the slasher kid's persona. Otherwise, really good setting and feel.
    Good find! Those were some harsh decisions for kids to make.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Watched Good Time last night. Good movie but the ending wasn't very satisfying I guess imho tbh

Thread Information