My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because its about as dangerous as calling manu an atheist
    Nice ad hominem - but that does not make any sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the police / people start to make assumptions without facts it can be detrimental to getting the case solved and preventing more lives being lost.

Even the FBI does not know the motive. There has been no contact that we know of as to the reason behind the attacks. People are on edge and jumping to conclusions is dangerous for a case.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need anyone to blame me for being irresponsible for me to any responsible. Hate crimes and the such are a horrible form of over protective legislation. Promoting a worse reaction based on on motivation of a crime just promotes random acts of violence like school shootings. People would literally get more worked up over a shooter yelling Allah Achbor and killing four than a school shooter mowing down ten random kids.

You did miss my entire scope of my reply though. I'm asking why does it matter more if your spouse or child is dead based on intent?
    I didn't see anyone suggest it matters more. I saw them speculate on whether it was racially motivated and you flew in to rescue us from race discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the police / people start to make assumptions without facts it can be detrimental to getting the case solved and preventing more lives being lost.

Even the FBI does not know the motive. There has been no contact that we know of as to the reason behind the attacks. People are on edge and jumping to conclusions is dangerous for a case.
    I have to disagree with you big brother. In cases like this you have to be open to all possibilities. Looking at our history when it comes to bombs and African American victims, it makes sense to suspect white supremacists were behind these crimes early on.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jumping to false conclusions to shape your narrative is dangerous. Raising tension on a populace will certainly have a negative net effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jumping to false conclusions to shape your narrative is dangerous. Raising tension on a populace will certainly have a negative net effect.
    law enforcement is going to pursue that angle if the facts support it. creating a profile of a suspect to narrow the populace is pretty standard.

when the narrative is no longer supported by the facts (recent bombing targeting white people)... then it could be time to drop the narrative, if you believe its the same person.

as long as you are willing to update your narrative when new facts come into play, i dont see it as "dangerous"

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between being "open to all possibilities" and zeroing in on one possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to disagree with you big brother. In cases like this you have to be open to all possibilities. Looking at our history when it comes to bombs and African American victims, it makes sense to suspect white supremacists were behind these crimes early on.
    Fine to have some focus on that but still have to keep all possibilities open.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, raising the tension on the white supremacist populace would be terrible.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys really think that all the law enforcement personnel involved were focused on just one possibility?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine to have some focus on that but still have to keep all possibilities open.
    I agree. Some people here just seem upset and offended I pointed out the possibility the suspect is a white supremacist.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, raising the tension on the white supremacist populace would be terrible.
    Strawman.

The tension isn't isolated between just black people and white supremacists in this type of situation. People start operating on edge if they believe they are the target.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comment wasn't from the police stance tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Strawman.

The tension is isolated between just black people and white supremacists in this type of situation. People start operating on edge if they believe they are the target.
    have you ever been to Austin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Some people here just seem upset and offended I pointed out the possibility the suspect is a white supremacist.
    Plus you saw Black Panther 3 times. You've got an agenda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you saw Black Panther 3 times. You've got an agenda.
    My white buddy begged me to go with him the 3rd time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    law enforcement is going to pursue that angle if the facts support it. creating a profile of a suspect to narrow the populace is pretty standard.

when the narrative is no longer supported by the facts (recent bombing targeting white people)... then it could be time to drop the narrative, if you believe its the same person.

as long as you are willing to update your narrative when new facts come into play, i dont see it as "dangerous"
    That is literally what I said and for some reason you took some stance on one microsection of the bigger statement. I’m fine with going with the race angle and literally verbatim said what you did about the initial bombings supporting that angle (and no, I don’t think law enforcement “only” went with that angle).

I however do think it’s dangerous for both law enforcement (unlikely) and people (likely) to run away with things early and with limited information.

I live in Austin, I’m around it (like you do I believe) and people are definitely on edge. When you read online, you see a lot of the race stuff driving a lot of that and whether you believe that is dangerous or not I think it can be counterproductive because people that may be able to provide a tip or do something to help crack the case open may be blinded some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree - I’ve defended your stance early on and even I thought it was racially motivated after the first 2 bombs especially. But now that the variables have changed, and given the sensitive nature of our country and this situation, I don’t know if people are truly open to all possibilities even as the narrative appears to have shifted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree - I’ve defended your stance early on and even I thought it was racially motivated after the first 2 bombs especially. But now that the variables have changed, and given the sensitive nature of our country and this situation, I don’t know if people are truly open to all possibilities even as the narrative appears to have shifted.
    Respect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin, especailly in and around downtown are crazy reliant on delivery. From FedEx all the way to Uber Eats and Amazon Prime, there is an entire economy of that in Austin.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Apparently two bombs were sent FedEx from Austin to Austin. One went off in the Schertz facility and one is unexploded in the McKinney Falls facility. This could be a huge break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently two bombs were sent FedEx from Austin to Austin. One went off in the Schertz facility and one is unexploded in the McKinney Falls facility. This could be a huge break.
    Where did you see the news on the McKinney Falls one? I have not seen that

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where did you see the news on the McKinney Falls one? I have not seen that
    Just been listening to KLBJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just been listening to KLBJ.
    Just looked it up on Twitter. Crazy.

Thread Information