Per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...leans-pelicans

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Spurs' Kawhi Leonard will not return Thursday against Pelicans

Per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...leans-pelicans
    B-b-but I thought it was Kawhi's call? Doctors cleared him months ago. "He'll tell me when he's ready to play."

Damn fool of a head coach has zero creditability with me.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Rockets wasn’t a winnable game regardless...only thing certain is LMA has a bum knee.

This is injury management 101 which is something we should be familiar with..
    He has a bum knee because Pop says he has a bum knee. Personally, if Pop says it's raining outside, I have to look out the window to see it it's true. Pop's word means absolutely nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will pop bing toilet paper and examinate his technique???
    post of the year tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will if he demands a trade.

That is a different scenario entirely. Above post was spurs looking to get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was that not you saying this injury is not as bad and Leonard will come back and kick ass.

Right now it looks like an injury that might not never go away
    I said it wasn't a career-ending injury like some people here said.

I also said, he was working so hard to return this season when people said he doesn't want play for the Spurs anymore.

It was true. He wants to return and is working for it.

What I never said was he "will come back and kick ass". He'll be rusty af...His quad isn't well, he needs more aggressive treatments that only in offseason he can receive...

I'm not worried about his health, his quad will be fine after this next offseason. I'm worried about playing him just 14-15 games this season...I can't see the point of taking that risk.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 03-14-2018 at 09:37 AM.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said it wasn't a career-ending injury like some people here said. I also said, he was working so hard to return this season when people said he doesn't want play for the Spurs anymore.

It was true. He wants to return and is working for it.

What I never said was he "will come back and kick ass". He'll be rusty af...His quad isn't well, he needs more aggressive treatments that only in offseason he can receive...

I'm not worried about his health, his quad will be fine after this next offseason. I'm worried about playing him just 14-15 games this season...I can't see the point of taking that risk.
    So okay losing the whole season because of this injury is not a possibility to weigh on his career?
    You seem to be so sure he will come back when he is fighting one injury which does not seem like a big one an have mistery.

he comes back and sits, then he is unsure when he will be back. Going elsewhere to get 2nd opinion on his condition etc. To me we can't be sure he will be back in full force tbh. I am not saying it's career ending injury but it just not looking very well.

Anyway I agree that we do not know what is going on there tbh. And of course a guy like Leonard whats to compete but we can question his judgment at this point not having details what's wrong with his body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So okay losing the whole season because of this injury is not a possibility to weigh on his career?
    You seem to be so sure he will come back when he is fighting one injury which does not seem like a big one an have mistery.

he comes back and sits, then he is unsure when he will be back. Going elsewhere to get 2nd opinion on his condition etc. To me we can't be sure he will be back in full force tbh. I am not saying it's career ending injury but it just not looking very well.

Anyway I agree that we do not know what is going on there tbh. And of course a guy like Leonard whats to compete but we can question his judgment at this point not having details what's wrong with his body.
    Just talking about other quad's injuries...Like Reggie Jackson, Blake Griffin, etc.

They weren't career-ending but took long time to heal.

I always talked about the importance of offseason treatment because -for example-if doctors and the player opt for platelet-rich plasma therapy, it's only in summer when there is enough time to recover. This process -like many others- isn't that successful in the regular season.

Kawhi didn't get it last summer, I'm sure he'll receive a more aggresive treatment this next offseason.

If he's 70% now, I have no doubt he'll be 100% in Octuber.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about his long term health either... Dude is a warrior... If he wants to be 100% to come back strong, so be it... He deserves it... Pop hasn't been doing the best by him for some time... He is the most babies superstar, and on top of that, we surround him with trash... He is just so great that he can carry us... And pop out coaches everyone who has trash teams, so we end up with great records even though Kawhi plays the least minutes of the megastars...

Dude always shows up in the playoffs and has never let us down... So if he feels something isn't right, he deserves the benefit of the doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just talking about other quad's injuries...Like Reggie Jackson, Blake Griffin, etc.

They weren't career-ending but took long time to heal.

I always talked about the importance of offseason treatment because -for example-if doctors and the player opt for platelet-rich plasma therapy, it's only in summer when there is enough time to recover. This process -like many others- isn't that successful in the regular season.

Kawhi didn't get it last summer, I'm sure he'll receive a more aggresive treatment this next offseason.

If he's 70% now, I have no doubt he'll be 100% in Octuber.
    Let's see if this is the case with Kawhi tbh. He had all summer to prepare for a season after Zaza injury and he never came back.

At this point he might risk another injury playing unhealthy as he said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see if this is the case with Kawhi tbh. He had all summer to prepare for a season after Zaza injury and he never came back.
    True. But there were many factors that contributed to mishandle his injury in last summer. That's why he didn't get any specific, aggressive quad treatment.
    After missing a whole season, without a doubt, he'll finally receive the treatment that his quad needs in the offseaon.

At this point he might risk another injury playing unhealthy as he said
    Not only Kawhi. I guess every player playing unhealthy puts the health of his body at risk. They can aggravate the old injury or eventually develop a new injury after favoring one leg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fcourse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what Pop said about Kawhi Leonard's potential return: "Like anybody else, he's frustrated. He wants to be playing. He's compe ive. It's been a tough year for him in that regard. But the first step is he's got to be cleared by his medical staff that he's seeing. And until he gets cleared, we can't make a decision on when he's coming back. So once he gets cleared, then he and I can sit down and talk, and see what we think about an appropriate time to come back. But that clearance has to be obtained first." "Nothing overrides the medical staff. That's a negotiation between the player and the coach to figure out what's best. He knows very well our history is pretty do ented, if we're going to err, we're going to err on the conservative side because his career is going to be of paramount importance to us. It's not the game or the playoffs or this or that. It's the same like with Tim [Duncan]. He hurt a knee one year, and we didn't let him go in the playoffs. I don't know that that could be this situation. We don't know. But his career will be paramount in our thinking as we make a decision." "I've seen him working out. He needs a little bit more work."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the relationship between them seems fine to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bill! That about says it all! With his ‘career going to be of paramount importance to us’ being the operative phrase. I’m hoping he is ready to play soon, as there are still a lot of games to be played, but I get it with the big picture....what will be will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, Bill.

I think "needs a little bit more work" is the key phrase. Along with the Duncan allusion, I think this is a strong indication that Kawhi is very unlikely to play anything other than a few token minutes this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOTS

"We have what 14, games left?" Parker said after shootaround. "So it's getting closer and closer that at some point it makes no sense (to bring him back). He didn't play for like two or three months. He didn't play for eight months, technically."
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...h-12755955.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can they just in' end this circus show and declare him out once and for all? The whole saga has gotten too tiresome, tbh.

He couldn't heal in 6 months; he won't in another week or two..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't imagine how crazy things would have been if social media and ST were around when tim was going through his meniscus tear issue. would have been a total meltdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Parker and his teammates were told he is done for real this time..They are just playing with fans' hopes to sell the tickets..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CROFL..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

CROFL..
    WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be shocked if he retires before age 30. He is making AD look like an ironman ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-fast-approaching-point-of-no-return-with-12755955.php

Asked if Leonard has been upgraded from 3-on-3 work to 5-on-5 scrimmaging, Parker said, "I have no idea. He isn't practicing with us."
    Just great. I still wanted him to come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of disgust in that Parker response is rather palpable ..

Thread Information