Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...sing-readiness

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he'll speak to Kawhi Leonard on Tuesday when the team returns home following its 109-93 loss to the Houston Rockets. It's expected the club could gain some clarity about the star forward's potential return to the lineup.

"I'll see Kawhi [Tuesday]," Popovich said. "We'll see how he's feeling, and see how ready he is, and see how ready I think he is. And we'll go from there."

The team has targeted a home matchup on Thursday against the New Orleans Pelicans as the date for Leonard's potential return, according to multiple sources, as first reported by ESPN's Lisa Salters.

Editor's Picks

Spurs come up empty on road trip, leaving them in an unfamiliar position

The San Antonio Spurs have lost 11 of their past 14 games, and now they are faced with an uphill climb to make the postseason with the regular season winding down.

Sources: Kawhi could return for Spurs on Thu.

Kawhi Leonard could be available for the San Antonio Spurs as early as Thursday's game against the New Orleans Pelicans, sources tell ESPN's Lisa Salters. A leg injury has kept Leonard out of all but nine games so far this season.

The Spurs (37-30) have lost 11 of their past 14 games and fell to the 10th spot in the Western Conference standings with Monday's loss.

Popovich was asked on Saturday about the report of Leonard's return, and said, "Well good for them. I'm glad they're reporting that. I don't know what they reported. I don't hear. I don't worry about reports." CONTINUED SEE LINK

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    of course he not going to play. why suit up rusty by the time you get back in decent game shape spurms on the outside looking in for playoffs? too much pressure to look healthy otherwise he would endanger supermax offer. better to force PATFO to offer supermax first before playing again. same reason top qb doesn't throw at combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know if Kawhi wouldn't have a lot at stake this next summer, he wouldn't/shouldn't play with his quad condition until next season.

It's in his interest to play to get a massive deal done. But with remaining only 15 games? I can't see the point in playing him injured/rusty af at this point of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he even practiced with the team?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has he even practiced with the team?
    He's done 3 on 3 drills but not with his teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will pop bing toilet paper and examinate his technique???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omg..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my hater with shtick- -call of the decade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs

Verified account
    spurs
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Kawhi Leonard (return from injury management) is out for tonight’s Spurs-Magic game.

Last edited by peacemaker885; 03-13-2018 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it’s over right?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs

Verified account
    spurs
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Kawhi Leonard (return from injury management) is out for tonight’s Spurs-Magic game.

What a miraculous return for LMA. He certainly returned from a sore right knee pretty quickly.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Well it’s over right?
    Thursday was the target date according to Woj I thought? If he misses that then I don’t expect him back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thursday was the target date according to Woj I thought? If he misses that then I don’t expect him back.
    Ok roger that. I wasn’t sure.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give him that game or the two after to return before writing him off for the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give him that game or the two after to return before writing him off for the season.
    Will definitely be a home game or not at all.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know if Kawhi wouldn't have a lot at stake this next summer, he wouldn't/shouldn't play with his quad condition until next season.

It's in his interest to play to get a massive deal done. But with remaining only 15 games? I can't see the point in playing him injured/rusty af at this point of the season.
    Was that not you saying this injury is not as bad and Leonard will come back and kick ass.

Right now it looks like an injury that might not never go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course he not going to play. why suit up rusty by the time you get back in decent game shape spurms on the outside looking in for playoffs? too much pressure to look healthy otherwise he would endanger supermax offer. better to force PATFO to offer supermax first before playing again. same reason top qb doesn't throw at combine.
    Ok. So Kawhi hasn't played basketball really for almost a year except 9 games which he clearly did not look 100% because of a chronic non-impact injury that he will have to live with the rest of his career and doesn't play this year. Even if he does not want to play for the Spurs I just don't see him taking a risk and playing on a 1-year contract. Spurs should not sign him to the Supermax nor would any team want to trade him and offer a super max unless they see he is playing at near 100% imo. He HAS to come back. The longer he sits the more concerns and hoopla circus BS stays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s stupid for the Spurs to let him play he is not in game shape. If he gets hurt again no way can you trade him and get real value. If he does play and not get hurt he will what play in six games probably averaging 7-15 minutes nope just shut him down. I

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't looking to trade him. We will never get fair value back. Team trading away the superior talent always comes out short.

Let him play. He'll be on a min and game restriction most likely. I'm not sure what kind of impact he can make with 13? games left. If he had played the majority of the year and had been out for 2-3 weeks, I think he could have a bigger impact in these final games. But he really hasn't played all year. Don't expect him to come out like he was last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still can't wipe his ass so don't expect a return anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is going to hold him out an extra game just so Lisa Salters is wrong. Or the whole season just to flex his muscles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a miraculous return for LMA. He certainly returned from a sore right knee pretty quickly.
    Rockets wasn’t a winnable game regardless...only thing certain is LMA has a bum knee.

This is injury management 101 which is something we should be familiar with..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a dumb question, but why doesn't Kawhi travel with the team? You'd think for $20 million he could at least provide moral support and be a real part of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't looking to trade him. We will never get fair value back. Team trading away the superior talent always comes out short.

Let him play. He'll be on a min and game restriction most likely. I'm not sure what kind of impact he can make with 13? games left. If he had played the majority of the year and had been out for 2-3 weeks, I think he could have a bigger impact in these final games. But he really hasn't played all year. Don't expect him to come out like he was last year.
    We will if he demands a trade.

Thread Information