Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn if that tomato faced got McCombs didn't kill the Spurs chances to trade for Barkley in 1992. In hindsight I'd obviously rather have had Duncan, but god could you imagine a starting lineup of

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson.

Instead no Barkley, no Strickland, and that got completely wasted Robinson's prime. On top of that McCombs almost traded David for Ewing to get out of paying him too.
    Strickland was good

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn if that tomato faced got McCombs didn't kill the Spurs chances to trade for Barkley in 1992. In hindsight I'd obviously rather have had Duncan, but god could you imagine a starting lineup of

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson.

Instead no Barkley, no Strickland, and that got completely wasted Robinson's prime. On top of that McCombs almost traded David for Ewing to get out of paying him too.
    When was David almost traded for Ewing???!!! Never heard about this!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't ESPN know that if they really want to know what is going on with the spurs they need to interview an ST poster?
    Holy how hilarious would that be!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, nothing says structure like allowing your PG to a teammate's wife and not get reprimanded...
    Or that means all Pop's structure doesn't prevent PGs f*cking teammates' wives, PFs asking for their touches...

Pop won't change but the whole game has changed.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salute to Stephen A the GOAT, tbh, he's correct about the Spurs "culture"..this is their first taste of the real NBA, not the utopia that Duncan/Ginobili created..

Coaches like Pop, Carlisle and Thibodeau are going the Phil Jackson route, the game is passing them by, it happens to everybody..these old habits and coaching methods need to be altered for the the current generation of players..

I disagree I think that Jackson and to a lesser extent Parker both brought with and bought into the posse lifestyle and mentality but both of them were more easily tempered by Tim being around. I just think that this is a case of an "agent" in kawhi's uncle who doesn't know how to actually do the role and the media not getting solid answers from anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rod Strickland
    Dale Ellis
    Sean Elliott
    Charles Barkley
    David Robinson.

Strickland was good
    Word. Prime Strickland was one of the best passers of his time (except for that one pass) and could get to the rim almost as frequently as Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information