Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since February 3, Derrick White has shot 30-of-65 (46 percent) from three in 298 minutes with San Antonio and Austin combined. And majority of them have came from pulling up off the dribble, some variations of Curry-esque step backs and hesitations.
    he is a "smart" player on the court, remembers james harden the way it changes its speed with ease

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is a "smart" player on the court, remembers james harden the way it changes its speed with ease
    There's no one on the active roster that is a bigger threat than he is in the PnR off the dribble. And Pop has him in Austin... it's ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is 2 years and change younger than White. He’s inevitably going to be more raw. Murray needs these reps to start seeing the floor so they can figure out what to do with him as he’s off his rookie deal sooner. Next year you’ll get plenty of White.

If Kawhi were playing, I wonder how much different the rotations would be ... a lot less science experimenting.

And not to be a Mills apologist, as he’s been dreadful. But he’s a much better fit with Kawhi in the lineup than when he’s expected to be a playmaker.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    apparently everyone thinks he should get PT. except pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup... It sounds like a caricature and trolling but it’s not... it’s exactly Pop’s method. I suppose he would say he’s humbling White. Showing him how to get over himself... etc. He’s so cliche.

If this has had been a 60 win season with a Kiwi MVP and healthy, then ok. But it’s not, team has needed scoring, shooting, talent in general yet he arbitrarily keeps White as the 15 man bc
    this season isn’t for him.
    Pop Psychology 101.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is 2 years and change younger than White. He’s inevitably going to be more raw. Murray needs these reps to start seeing the floor so they can figure out what to do with him as he’s off his rookie deal sooner. Next year you’ll get plenty of White.

If Kawhi were playing, I wonder how much different the rotations would be ... a lot less science experimenting.

And not to be a Mills apologist, as he’s been dreadful. But he’s a much better fit with Kawhi in the lineup than when he’s expected to be a playmaker.
    I don't think anyone expects Mills to be a playmaker without Kawhi. Offense aside, he's just a bad overall player. White would be much better with or without Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample size but what we have seen is encouraging. He has also lit up the gleague and has them on a winning streak (something Dijon didn’t do in his gleague stint last season for comparison).

I’d have to think somebody like Brad Stevens would have said to heck with culture players and “it wouldn’t be fair to...” whomever get and play him.

I think any coach under pressure to win games would have called him up frequently from the gleague and if he’s better than some guys currently playing, make the adjustments required.
    Last year Murray was 20...im sure white wouldn't have been lighting up the d league at 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope that they’ll trade mills in the off season to open much more playing time for a White and Murray combo

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White could've easily had the impact of the rookie of the year last year for the Spurs this year. White is an even better prospect than Brogdon. Whites ability to shoot off the dribble not just from 3pt range but from multiple feet beyond the 3pt line is an incredible asset. Beyond that he just very balanced across the board. He can pass, handle, and has the physical attributes to defend, and rebound. I'm very excited about him going forward.

For as much love as Murray gets for talking the talk White has a proven track record of his grit. He started off in division II, went d1, and now is in the NBA. All along the way he continues to grow as a player. It's really impressive and should make all Spurs fans excited about his future.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First it was bryn now it White.

ST never learns.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article on where he stands, and why he's not playing much yet.

https://airalamo.com/2018/02/22/san-...e-future-role/

Perhaps we neither crown him a god, nor denigrate his skills yet--He's definitely *not* trash. Kid is still 23 and quite raw, but has a high ceiling if developed properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be fair for him to ever play.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's trash. And some ing "article" ain't gonna change that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's trash. And some ing "article" ain't gonna change that.
    Yet the worst passer and lowest iq player on the team is the starting pg.... w t f

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can already hit 3's at a good percentage. At worst he'll be a solid player which is still a steal for the Spur considering you rarely get anybody decent at the draft spot they were picking at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they can somehow dump Fatty without having to throw in their first round pick.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol anyone who has hard on for Fatty saying other players are trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its between tanking and getting a ggod pick and ridding this team of patty trash and making the playoffs, im rooting for the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone expects Mills to be a playmaker without Kawhi. Offense aside, he's just a bad overall player. White would be much better with or without Kawhi.
    Yeah, what I was saying is the loss of Kawhi hurts Mills even more. Signed with the expectation he’d be able to come off action and hit shots instead of having to create for himself. Without Kawhi it’s just ugly. And Kawhi’s defense (and having Patty not play with Green either) means his defense is even more of a liability.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is only a pg due to injury. Hes better than murray. Im better than both

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is only a pg due to injury. Hes better than murray. Im better than both
    As a spurs fan, then shouldn't you be getting your ass down to SA and trying out with the team - you could solve our PG problems, save the team, and even get paid for it...

Or you could be a full of internet troll...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a spurs fan, then shouldn't you be getting your ass down to SA and trying out with the team - you could solve our PG problems, save the team, and even get paid for it...

Don’t even bother.. I have that dude figured out.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So you dont think ppl off the street including internet trolls are better than these two bums? Sad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t even bother.. I have that dude figured out.

Thread Information