Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the few minutes he played last night, I saw flashes of quickness, great shooting, good foot movement on defense. He just looks more in control and more confident than our other young PGs. I personally think he looks better than Dejounte Murray out there.

This is IMHO from what I saw. What do yall think?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and DeJounte might be the best two guards on the entire roster with Manu & Danny regressing some.

At worst, White and Murray are the 2nd and 3rd best guards on the team -- behind Danny.

As of now, White is the best, most polished, all around guard on the entire roster. IMO.

Murray still has had a solid season and has a higher ceiling imo, but White is more polished as of today.

Both should be playing more minutes than Patty and Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and DeJounte might be the best two guards on the entire roster with Manu & Danny regressing some.

At worst, White and Murray are the 2nd and 3rd best guards on the team -- behind Danny.

As of now, White is the best, most polished, all around guard on the entire roster. IMO.

Murray still has had a solid season and has a higher ceiling imo, but White is more polished as of today.

Yep. Plus White seems more capable of running an actual offense. Gonna have a Lost Career behind Pop's new son, Murray.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In the future, they could be like a Deangelo Russell/Spencer Dinwiddie type combo. Same potential but hopefully better due to higher end player development. The Nets have a special tandem on their hands if they can work on it. Hopefully Spurs can do the same with a Dijon/White combo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope all this losing hasn't got me in typical "anyone who isn't playing is better" mood, but I think he might pretty well be the best guard in the entire team. I wonder what would have happened if he, instead of Murray, would have got the starting nod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample size but what we have seen is encouraging. He has also lit up the gleague and has them on a winning streak (something Dijon didn’t do in his gleague stint last season for comparison).

I’d have to think somebody like Brad Stevens would have said to heck with culture players and “it wouldn’t be fair to...” whomever get and play him.

I think any coach under pressure to win games would have called him up frequently from the gleague and if he’s better than some guys currently playing, make the adjustments required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope all this losing hasn't got me in typical "anyone who isn't playing is better" mood, but I think he might pretty well be the best guard in the entire team. I wonder what would have happened if he, instead of Murray, would have got the starting nod.
    He got rooked by Pop. He was never going to get a real opportunity this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Plus White seems more capable of running an actual offense. Gonna have a Lost Career behind Pop's new son, Murray.
    They should be playing together or both should be staggered -- one w/ starters and one with the bench.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He screwed "Euro League MVP" Splitter over in his first year with the Spurs at age 26. Which bit us in the ass in the playoffs vs Memphis. He doesn't care if White is the best pg tbh. Let's hope it's not anything more than a first season phase-in and not an infatuation with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He screwed "Euro League MVP" Splitter over in his first year with the Spurs at age 26. Which bit us in the ass in the playoffs vs Memphis. He doesn't care if White is the best pg tbh. Let's hope it's not anything more than a first season phase-in and not an infatuation with Murray.
    I am betting on the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made a 3 last night so he's better than mills murray and Parker there.
    He's also better than patty and Parker on D by a landslide. Maybe Murray is slightly better defensively idk.
    Him and Murray both drive recklessly to the Hoop and get packed alot so that's a wash.
    In a perfect world Murray and White would be getting all the significant minutes while patty and Parker play clean up duty,
    "white lacks corporate knowledge" though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHiTe should be playing more from here on out... enough of this rookie crap treatment from PooP... getting old as that crap Gasoff-OTH-16M guy not worth a d@mn!! Maybe Gasoff should be sent over to the G-League to help improve his forgotten skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker/Green
    White/Ginobili

That should be the rotation from here on out, with Joff, Murray, Mills, Forbes and Bertans fighting for that last spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made a 3 last night so he's better than mills murray and Parker there.
    He's also better than patty and Parker on D by a landslide. Maybe Murray is slightly better defensively idk.
    Him and Murray both drive recklessly to the Hoop and get packed alot so that's a wash.
    In a perfect world Murray and White would be getting all the significant minutes while patty and Parker play clean up duty,
    "white lacks corporate knowledge" though
    He made 4 threes and he looked very polished for a rookie. He didnt look nearly as rattled as I saw DM last night. DM shoots floaters constantly. He rarely shoots a jump shot. , he passes up the open jumper for floater into the lane. I like White better from what Ive seen.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can't have it both ways, he cant rest players and always expect them to win, compete..yes. And if the spurs are goin to give minutes to the youth. Then give it. Derrick White showed he can compete given the opportunity. He has performed well in Austin, and might be wasting away in the Gleague. It would be good to give him a start and develop quality minutes at the two guard in a loss season. Why is Patty starting at the two guard? He is limited with no upside. It would be good compe ion for forbes for the future. Forbes is a shooting guard trying to be more of a point guard; but White is a PG converting to a shooting guard. I will take a playmaker over a shooting guard. In today's motion based game as opposed to isolation.
    Also, White has little bit more size and that is a always a plus.
    Forbes 6'3 190lbs and a 6'5 Wingspan
    White 6'4 190 lbs and a 6'7.5 wingspan

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker/Green
    White/Ginobili

That should be the rotation from here on out, with Joff, Murray, Mills, Forbes and Bertans fighting for that last spot.
    Completely agree. I'd personally go with Murray over Manu though since he's better defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. I'd personally go with Murray over Manu though since he's better defensively.
    I'd love for Murray to be good enough to make that a choice, and personally, I'd rather he win the 10th-man compe ion and play between White and Manu along with Gay and Gasol. I think Manu would be just fine as a back-up three, and the minutes he'd get behind Kawhi seem to be right about what he should be getting for the team to get the most out of him. I wouldn't even mind Derrick and Tony switching places, but I do think Parker has more to offer a team with a healthy Kawhi and LMA in terms of scoring and experience. The reasons to start White instead are defensive versatility and shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course this takes us back to square 1... the complete waste of a signing in patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to see him getting more tick. I think Murray has the higher upside, but he is the more polished ready guard at this point. If nothing else he should at least be getting regular minutes off the bench. Maybe a starting backcourt of him and Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to see him getting more tick. I think Murray has the higher upside, but he is the more polished ready guard at this point. If nothing else he should at least be getting regular minutes off the bench. Maybe a starting backcourt of him and Murray?
    I think Murray is much more raw, and his strength is his length and athleticism. But White shoots better, is the better ball handler, and is more polished and doesn't make as many mistakes or turnovers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how some people posting on White right now were doging him a month ago. Not going to call you out glad you finally seen the light to bad Hater not in here then it would have been complete. Lol

White is good and will be a good NBA player for us years to come.

Oh by the way Tankathon has us drafting at 13 and picking Robert Williams- he’ll yeah. !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If White can really shoot the way he has been looking in recent games, that combo would make more sense than Mills/Murray. But I'm not sure that DeJounte really has more upside. People are selling White short in the athletics department. I'm pretty sure his vertical was better than Murray's, and he seems way more coordinated. Murray may well be somewhat more athletic and is certainly longer, but White has above-average size and at least average athleticism for a starting PG in the league. I think his skill-level is already higher than anything Murray can reasonably expect to get, especially on his rookie contract.

There's little doubt in my mind that had LAL drafted White instead of SA, he'd be having a Kumza/Clarkson type of rookie season. For his future, I think White could totally be a starting PG for a team with a star wing like George, Giannis, Simmons or some other big-hands dude whose name I can't remember right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how some people posting on White right now were doging him a month ago. Not going to call you out glad you finally seen the light to bad Hater not in here then it would have been complete. Lol

White is good and will be a good NBA player for us years to come.

Oh by the way Tankathon has us drafting at 13 and picking Robert Williams- he’ll yeah. !!
    I like Williams, though that's mostly TAMU bias on my part. He did seem like what the Spurs should want next to Aldridge or anchoring a pace-and-space second unit. Getting him, whether in the lotto or as a low-seed, could definitely make this season sting a lot less.

I hated the White pick for about an hour after it was made, because I really wanted Bell or Bolden. But as soon as RC said they thought he had a lot of athletic upside, I reevaluated. If his game was a floor rather than a ceiling, then he has a really bright future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has a beautiful stroke. I expect him to be an outstanding outside shooter. Looks like he has very good court vision. Lyle be awhile before he can assert himself. Young Spurs always defer to vets even when they shouldn’t.

Thread Information