Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been saying for years once Duncan retires the franchise will face the same most franchises do but spur fans always felt immune from this natural balance in the NBA. They kept saying with kiwi and pop anything is possible but clearly that is not the case.

Will they even make the playoffs this season? I doubt Kiwi even returns next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does not come back they are done for this season. (real reach I know )
    Related to this, if Kawhi does not come back I see the chances of him bailing to be high. Anything short of LeBron shocking and saying he wants to join the Spurs for one year (Kawhis final year on contract 2018-19) and they are done as far as Championship contending, yes.

Then ya, they are done.

It was not Timmy Duncs retiring. At least it didn't have to be.
    It was Lord Poppy showing his true colors by....
    The signing of Patty and Gasol was the beginning of the end.

If Kawhi does sign a new contract with the Spurs, sure you could string him together with some talent given the limited cap space. But unless it's LeBron it's just gonna be more Marty Popenheimer type seasons. (50-60 wins then playoff ouster).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a squad lost their best player who also happens to be a top 5 player in the league and they might miss the playoffs...shocking.

Who could of saw that one coming. Nothing gets by Lakerfan.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So a squad lost their best player who also happens to be a top 5 player in the league and they might miss the playoffs...shocking.

Who could of saw that one coming. Nothing gets by Lakerfan.
    fair point ...however ...lakers been missing Ingram and or Lonzo for stretches especially since the break and Lakers have been playing better than the Spurs including a road win in SA.
    Spurs still the better team and still in better shape because they have the more proven coach, FO and most importantly a legit star and until we steal one or develop one it will stay that way ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    but a 10th place thread is genius ...even Cully came back from the poly forum to post ...fine work by the OP ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying for years once Duncan retires the franchise will face the same most franchises do but spur fans always felt immune from this natural balance in the NBA. They kept saying with kiwi and pop anything is possible but clearly that is not the case.

Will they even make the playoffs this season? I doubt Kiwi even returns next season
    you should just be concerned with whether or not the fakers make the PO's which we all know they aren't going to. mic drop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 minutes until game time and no game thread upstairs. Fans are tapping out already.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    30 minutes until game time and no game thread upstairs. Fans are tapping out already.
    welcome back old friend ...
    a sight to behold indeed ...
    Also saw upstairs a cat not renewing season tix cuz of Pops disrespect to your commander in chief ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welcome back old friend ...
    a sight to behold indeed ...
    Also saw upstairs a cat not renewing season tix cuz of Pops disrespect to your commander in chief ...
    Pop should have known not to get involved with the muck and mire of politics. You alienate half of your base no matter what you do. He had to virtue signal for his Liberal buddies (guessing wife as well). At least we can sit back and laugh at Mark Cuban although I doubt he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you should just be concerned with whether or not the fakers make the PO's which we all know they aren't going to. mic drop

Unfortunately everything clicked after the all star break so I don't Gino so. However, I don't think any team other than warriors or rockets want any part of this young team with nothing to lose.
    My concern is they resign all the guys and somehow in land Paul George. My hopes are not too high yet but I love what I saw in the second half of the season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop should have known not to get involved with the muck and mire of politics. You alienate half of your base no matter what you do. He had to virtue signal for his Liberal buddies (guessing wife as well). At least we can sit back and laugh at Mark Cuban although I doubt he gets more than a slap on the wrist.
    i don't think Pop is virtue signaling. He talks purely like an uninformed and idealistic liberal. He would fit perfectly I. This hole liberal state I live in. lol sanctuary state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fair point ...however ...lakers been missing Ingram and or Lonzo for stretches especially since the break and Lakers have been playing better than the Spurs including a road win in SA.
    Spurs still the better team and still in better shape because they have the more proven coach, FO and most importantly a legit star and until we steal one or develop one it will stay that way ...
    You guys have been picking in the lottery and rebuilding for what? 4 years now? I would hope you had the better young core.

I am still not sold on Lonzo. I actually was at the Spurs/Lakers game with brother in law(Laker fan) and sister, Lonzo just didn't impress me. It didn't feel like he had a lot of impact on the game until he hit those big shots down the stretch. The fact that he isn't impactful unless he is knocking down shots doesn't bode well considering he isnt a good shooter. He is never going to be able to consistently knock down shots like that because of that broken ass form.

I have been super impressed by Ingram though, think he can be a legit 2 on a contender. Randle looks pretty decent, can be a nice role player or maybe even a low end starter. Will be interesting who the Lakers decide to keep and who they decide to get rid of this summer. A lot of young pieces to make decisions on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach and team tapped out leading up to the allstar break, not sure why more should be expected of the fans tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately everything clicked after the all star break so I don't Gino so. However, I don't think any team other than warriors or rockets want any part of this young team with nothing to lose.
    My concern is they resign all the guys and somehow in land Paul George. My hopes are not too high yet but I love what I saw in the second half of the season
    What, you want them to bring Thomas back or some ? Randle isn't going to be too big a cap hit even if they give him an extension starting next season since he's on a rookie contract. I think his cap hit will be something like 150% to 200% of the salary he's making this year, so around $6 million to $8 million. Or you want Lopez or Caldwell-Pope back? I wouldn't bother with Thomas, Lopez, or Caldwell-Pope with all the young talent LA has that's going to have to be paid in the next 2-3 years. I'd take PG13 and another max free agent in a second over those three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think Pop is virtue signaling. He talks purely like an uninformed and idealistic liberal. He would fit perfectly I. This hole liberal state I live in. lol sanctuary state
    I agree, Pop is certainly uninformed. His is too proud to admit that though, and it has clouded his judgment. Funny he won't talk to the Media unless it's to bash Trump or Conservatives.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurs about to end up picking higher than the Mavs tbh, thanks Cuban!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach and team tapped out leading up to the allstar break, not sure why more should be expected of the fans tbh.
    Do you think Pop's "minutes" thingy is allowing for complacency and lack of motivation for the team? If you are a veteran like Pau Gasol, it's a perfect retirement home scenario. For younger players, it must seems like being on chains with no reward for good behavior. Pop's philosophy has become detrimental to the team imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Pop's "minutes" thingy is allowing for complacency and lack of motivation for the team? If you are a veteran like Pau Gasol, it's a perfect retirement home scenario. For younger players, it must seems like being on chains with no reward for good behavior. Pop's philosophy has become detrimental to the team imo.
    Related, and perhaps we can start a thread on it is....are Free Agents interested in coming to the Spurs in 2018?
    My guess is the old *polls* that showed CIA Pop as the most desired coach are freaking bull amongst players truly seeking a Championship. Fleecers like Pau as you mentioned must love taking the handout.

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stfu. You're such a whiny .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never understood why conservatives who love conservatism live in California. I'm not a conservative but I have lived in the south now for the majority of my life. I live in NC which is now a purple state but the only advantage I have ever seen living in a red state is that cost of living is cheap but outside of that everything else tends to suck ass. You have a bunch backwards religious nutcases just about everywhere along with a bunch of racists down here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the regular season matters I guess. So much for the playoffs switch.

One team wins every year. Everyone else drops off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How is that not the case when the only reason the Spurs are in this position is the lack of Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Everything is fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys have been picking in the lottery and rebuilding for what? 4 years now? I would hope you had the better young core.

I am still not sold on Lonzo. I actually was at the Spurs/Lakers game with brother in law(Laker fan) and sister, Lonzo just didn't impress me. It didn't feel like he had a lot of impact on the game until he hit those big shots down the stretch. The fact that he isn't impactful unless he is knocking down shots doesn't bode well considering he isnt a good shooter. He is never going to be able to consistently knock down shots like that because of that broken ass form.

I have been super impressed by Ingram though, think he can be a legit 2 on a contender. Randle looks pretty decent, can be a nice role player or maybe even a low end starter. Will be interesting who the Lakers decide to keep and who they decide to get rid of this summer. A lot of young pieces to make decisions on.
    Fair asessment but i think zo will be fine ...
    Ingram played even worse at times last year ..
    my biggest concern is Fts ...if you cant trust your PG to make Fts ...then you cant trust your PG ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray will be a fine player and has looked better than Longo over the last month. Murray and Kawhi will be a solid foundation moving forward. Biggest hole to fill is at the SG position.

Thread Information