Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Welp, the world isn't ideal! We just have to accept that because certain people have a gun fetish, kids being murdered in cold blood by their classmates is a reality!"
    cars out of gas but it must be the blinker.... why are you not so up in arms, no pun intended, over bigPharma and the role they play in all of this and more? as well, why aren't you outraged at the incompetence of our FBI and local forces prior to all these events? hmm... agenda driven indoctrination.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Welp, the world isn't ideal! We just have to accept that because certain people have a gun fetish, kids being murdered in cold blood by their classmates is a reality!"
    "Welp, accidents happen! We just have to accept that because certain people have a alcohol fetish, innocent people dying in preventable accidents is a reality!"

Only a selfish perspective will have you crying for gun control and being silent about alcohol even though thousands of lives are lost every year because of alcohol.

"Accident" and "on purpose" is irrelevant. In fact, that becomes more favorable for guns. Because if they want to kill people on purpose they will regardless. Meanwhile taking alcohol away will prevent the accident.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that they have drones and bombs, right?
    You realize guerilla tactics are still effective today with the existence of those technologies, right?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They are so powerful we have no chance. Let's become weaker!"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN has spotted a trend of vehicles being used as weapons, so now we just need to wait for the calls to ban vehicles: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ons/index.html

Yep... there's the call to ban vehicles from US cities: https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessesinger...YAj#.whpxL3Wp4

Might as well follow Europe's lead and ban cars since they are so great and don't allow guns: http://www.businessinsider.com/citie...ree-ban-2017-8

No see you don't get it either.
    Cars and trucks are not allowed everywhere. And the places they are allowed, and allowed to move very rapidly, we know people will die. We will not lower the speed limit to 30, even though we know this might lead to fewer vehicular deaths. This nation has made the aforementioned clear. We are willing to accept many deaths via transportation. We strive for fewer, but in the meantime,many people will die. The price of transportation. In fact, this happens so often that all of us have probably have had conversations with people who are no longer alive due to vehicles associated with transportation accidents. We send family home with a "drive safely". We accept this.

Now.
    Guess what this country appears to be contemplating not accepting...

Now you can argue about defense from tyranny, defend yourself, banning guns will have the opposite effect. You can even explain how the ar-15 is not primarily used to kill people, just like cars are not... The vast majority of ar-15s have not been used to kill people. Go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you predict boards like this will be nixed like in China? Before what?
    Private forums have absolutely nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. You'd think a teacher would know this.
    And...No it does not at all.

The progression of hunting deer hunting since bow hunting and rifle/scopes technology is so good. IMO south Texas:

1. Kid - rifle "my first one dad"
    2. Adult - rifle to bow "rifle too easy, bow hunting is sporty"
    3. Old - bow to camera " lm tired of field dressing. I'll show the kid and we will get meat"

forgot:

You got you own land or lease with others or both?
    And whatever the above, don't you/they want to try and kill at least a few pigs?
    Bunny/pancake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dare anyone here to approach a grieving parent of a dead kid and tell them their loss from an auto accident isn't as tragic as the kid who died by gunfire in a school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize guerilla tactics are still effective today with the existence of those technologies, right?
    To all the above scenarios, I'll add the possibility of some country setting off an EMP. Or hack the power grids. In those cases and similar, I'd want to be able to protect my family with a semi auto rifle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Private forums have absolutely nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. You'd think a teacher would know this.

Bunny/pancake
    Private forum... Sure
    Teacher... (Of you Badda Bing)
    Oh cmon ya graduated grandpa...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Private forum... Sure
    Teacher... (Of you Badda Bing)
    Oh cmon ya graduated grandpa...
    This is a privately owned forum. You can be censored here and it doesn't have anything to do with your rights.

You said you are a teacher.

Maybe cut back on the prose just a bit if you want someone to understand you. It doesn't impress me that you're vague as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To all the above scenarios, I'll add the possibility of some country setting off an EMP. Or hack the power grids. In those cases and similar, I'd want to be able to protect my family with a semi auto rifle.
    EMP would need to be nuke level and relatively close to impair solid state devices.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dare anyone here to approach a grieving parent of a dead kid and tell them their loss from an auto accident isn't as tragic as the kid who died by gunfire in a school.
    "Oh, your child died from the intentional choice of someone to drive while drunk? Well good thing they didn't die from the intentional choice of someone to shoot them. See the first is what I classify as an accident which is fine and therefore alcohol use perfectly acceptable. The second is a choice and therefore much much worse and something needs to be done about it. Consider yourself lucky that your child died by accident."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a privately owned forum. You can be censored here and it doesn't have anything to do with your rights.

You said you are a teacher.

Maybe cut back on the prose just a bit if you want someone to understand you. It doesn't impress me that you're vague as .
    You are okay. No one is gonna come get you and shut you up.

As a TA in grad school that was back a bit. You wanna look up my thesis. I guess I can still claim to be maybe because I volunteer some summers and tutor. Sometimes I wish I did more of that now.

I never wrote an article for Time Magazine that got far enough to be altered. It was too vague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts don't care about your feelings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We as a society have accepted that death by transportation is to be expected.

So .... Yeah.

Going up to a grieving parent... Okay...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We as a society have accepted that death by drunk driving is to be expected and accepted because we like drinking alcohol."

Selfish perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are okay. No one is gonna come get you and shut you up.

As a TA in grad school that was back a bit. You wanna look up my thesis. I guess I can still claim to be maybe because I volunteer some summers and tutor. Sometimes I wish I did more of that now.

I never wrote an article for Time Magazine that got far enough to be altered. It was too vague.
    Yeah you're Boutons level stupid. All that money for an education and still your take is as unintelligible as a 4 year old discussing QED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We as a society have accepted that death by transportation is to be expected.

So .... Yeah.

Going up to a grieving parent... Okay...
    Go tell them we've accepted the loss of their child to be acceptable. Don't be a pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go tell them we've accepted the loss of their child to be acceptable. Don't be a pussy.
    Drama queen snowflake thinking

The numbers in the US tell us so. Every year.
    No one needs tell them anything. They know the risk. They accepted the risk letting their kid into a car.

No matter what way a child dies there will be grieving. And then some parents will choose to ask why and is it was acceptable. Groups like MAD might arise to ask for some sort of control/punishment. Governments enact safety laws. My right to remain unbound inside my car will be trashed. And then I will fear for my freedom. And buy a gun.

Seriouslyyou wanna be silly, I'm here.

If you don't understand what I post or I am to vague ignore me, it's easy.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-18-2018 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drama queen snowflake thinking

The numbers in the US tell us so. Every year.
    No one needs tell them anything. They know the risk. They accepted the risk letting their kid into a car.

No matter what way a child dies there will be grieving. And then some parents will choose to ask why and is it was acceptable. Groups like MAD might arise to ask for some sort of control/punishment. Governments enact safety laws. My right to remain unbound inside my car will be trashed. And then I will fear for my freedom. And buy a gun.

Seriouslyyou wanna be silly, I'm here.

If you don't understand what I post or I am to vague ignore me, it's easy.
    THat's a lot of text to just say "no thanks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THat's a lot of text to just say "no thanks".
    False equivalence stupidity.
    Horrible quantum leap in an argument and you know this.

Short enough snowflake? (Emphasis on flake.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    False equivalence stupidity.
    Horrible quantum leap in an argument and you know this.

Short enough snowflake? (Emphasis on flake.)
    You're ok with kids dying in automobile accidents then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're ok with kids dying in automobile accidents then?
    Sure.
    Thats exactly what I said.

If you believe the CDC, then the 2nd largest number of accidental deaths occur via automobile. The per capita loss of life is way down from the past, 50s on up... The reason it is down because auto safety has been "driven" by government responding to people. Auto makers now see the advantage. Technology on highways and streets has also vastly improved yet we still go 70 legally. The movement to stop transportation via auto everywhere in the US is.... where? Crowded cities?

Yet automobile cause the 2nd most accidental deaths. It would probably out-weigh most deaths from disease if our demographics were shifted towards young. The reason we are required to have auto insurance comes from the economic costs associated mostly due to people dying or getting severely injured. This is very costly. But WE, as a society, still drive. Even though WE know when WE enter the highway, WE have a much better chance of getting killed than on an airplane. WEstill drive. WE know the risks.

I am now going to drive to transport myself so I can play some soccer. If I die, I will allow you to poke fun at my family and friends. You tell them I did not care about kids dying in auto accidents.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Everyone knows the best way to deal with gun violence is to discuss auto accidents.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess adding perspective to the discussion isn't worthwhile to some people. Blind narrative is all we can handle.

Thread Information