Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if we use ST as a litmus test, outside of big homie Teysha, yes, most of the conservatives here have white supremacist ideologies.
    you're delusional with a chip on your shoulder but whatever gets you through the day...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea dabom posted a Make America White Again meme. It was quite offensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the good liberals can see this.

They claim they support the country, but now that another White Country have clearly committed political treason and espionage against their country, they can not support it because these are there reason

" My daughter is getting raped by Muslims" translation, my daughter is a and Im butthurt about it.

"Black panter is so ty"

They dont want to support their country largely because Russisa is a White head country amd the beacon of racism.
    how many asians date/marry outside their race? lmao and white's are the racists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many asians date/marry outside their race? lmao and white's are the racists.
    Uncle chans and Auntie chans are a disgrace to a society. I understand the few asian actors are all married to white women and white men. We undsrstand this dirt.

White people like you are a disgrace to the white race. Racist cabin claiming POS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle chans and Auntie chans are a disgrace to a society. I understand the few asian actors are all married to white women and white men. We undsrstand this dirt.

White people like you are a disgrace to the white race. Racist cabin claiming POS.
    so racist... you're such a ing re apalisoc. a ing re !

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Liberals and conservatives both want the same thing: wealth and security, which means insulating ourselves from elements that deter these goals. It just so happens that at the current time it means you have to take a "white first" approach. Hopefully it could change in the future, but it is what it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberals and conservatives both want the same thing: wealth and security, which means insulating ourselves from elements that deter these goals. It just so happens that at the current time it means you have to take a "white first" approach. Hopefully it could change in the future, but it is what it is
    Oh, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should call them racist until they give us what we want voting wise. thats what I would do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberals and conservatives both want the same thing: wealth and security, which means insulating ourselves from elements that deter these goals. It just so happens that at the current time it means you have to take a "black first" approach. Hopefully it could change in the future, but it is what it is
    I changed DD's post slightly. Do you feel the same way about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed DD's post slightly. Do you feel the same way about it?
    I don't think liberals have or should have any kind of racial first approach so I don't get the point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we should call them racist until they give us what we want voting wise. thats what I would do
    (shrugs)

Sociologists who have studied the rural parts of the country that voted for Trump (starting long before Trump was elected) have found, essentially, racism, and an unwillingness to accept change that drives a lot of the GOP narratives.

Let's just be honest about what drives conservative policies. If calling it out makes you uncomfortable, not my problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW:

A Princeton sociologist spent 8 years asking rural Americans why they’re so pissed off
    Hint: it’s not about the economy.

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/13/170538...ial-resentment

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Enough Vox already. What a ty rag. The article features the interviewer, Sean Illing trying his hardest to get Wuthrow to say what he wants to hear. Wuthrow politely declines and ends with this:

"Point one is that rural America is quite diverse. People live in farm towns or coastal towns or mining communities, or they live in the North or the South or in Republican states or Democratic states. So we have to be careful about lumping people together under one category.

Point two is that rural America does have real problems — population decline, a brain drain, opioid addiction, etc. We can make of that what we want. But that’s not the whole picture. Not every small town is full of people who are suffering and bitter and angry at Washington.

Point three is that there are significant differences between small towns and large cities, but there are also commonalities. Since we’re living in a polarized time, it’s worth remembering that not all divisions run along the rural-urban divide. The conservative-liberal divide or the Republican-Democrat is just as pronounced in many cases. So we’ve got a lot of work to do in this country, and it goes beyond this one fault line."

Seriously, read better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough Vox already. What a ty rag. The article features the interviewer, Sean Illing trying his hardest to get Wuthrow to say what he wants to hear. Wuthrow politely declines and ends with this:

"Point one is that rural America is quite diverse. People live in farm towns or coastal towns or mining communities, or they live in the North or the South or in Republican states or Democratic states. So we have to be careful about lumping people together under one category.

Point two is that rural America does have real problems — population decline, a brain drain, opioid addiction, etc. We can make of that what we want. But that’s not the whole picture. Not every small town is full of people who are suffering and bitter and angry at Washington.

Point three is that there are significant differences between small towns and large cities, but there are also commonalities. Since we’re living in a polarized time, it’s worth remembering that not all divisions run along the rural-urban divide. The conservative-liberal divide or the Republican-Democrat is just as pronounced in many cases. So we’ve got a lot of work to do in this country, and it goes beyond this one fault line."

Seriously, read better.
    Thanks for putting that one up here. It was the best line in the piece, and I agree with your assessment of the article.

I put it there, merely to show the state of study on the subject.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The book looks really interesting. Someday when I can rent some spare time, I'll have to pick it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for putting that one up here. It was the best line in the piece, and I agree with your assessment of the article.

I put it there, merely to show the state of study on the subject.
    lol vox

lol backtracking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol vox

lol backtracking
    Not backtracking at all. The article wasn't all that good, IMO, hence the "FWIW".

The underlying research was pretty enlightening about the kinds of fear based emotional responses that people like you use in place of reasoning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not backtracking at all. The article wasn't all that good, IMO, hence the "FWIW".

The underlying research was pretty enlightening about the kinds of fear based emotional responses that people like you use in place of reasoning.
    You're so much better than that kind of mindset dude. I think if you let them know that and condescend to them about it you can finally reach them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost half of white Republicans are bothered by people speaking foreign languages

According to Pew Research Center,

47 percent of [white] Republicans say it would bother them “some” or “a lot” to “hear people speak a language other than English in a public place.”

Just 18 percent of white Democrats said they would be similarly bothered.

Aside from politics, age and education are the major predictors of linguistic discomfort.

Just 18 percent of whites younger than 30 said they would be bothered by a foreign language being spoken,

compared with 43 percent in the 50 to 64 age group, and

45 percent among those 65 and older.

Among all racial groups,

whites (34 percent) are most likely to be bothered hearing foreign languages,

followed by blacks (25 percent),

Asians (24 percent) and

Hispanics (13 percent).

Among Americans overall, 70 percent put their level of unease at “not much” or “not at all.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Make America White and Pure Again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost half of white Republicans are bothered by people speaking foreign languages

According to Pew Research Center,

47 percent of [white] Republicans say it would bother them “some” or “a lot” to “hear people speak a language other than English in a public place.”

Just 18 percent of white Democrats said they would be similarly bothered.

Aside from politics, age and education are the major predictors of linguistic discomfort.

Just 18 percent of whites younger than 30 said they would be bothered by a foreign language being spoken,

compared with 43 percent in the 50 to 64 age group, and

45 percent among those 65 and older.

Among all racial groups,

whites (34 percent) are most likely to be bothered hearing foreign languages,

followed by blacks (25 percent),

Asians (24 percent) and

Hispanics (13 percent).

Among Americans overall, 70 percent put their level of unease at “not much” or “not at all.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Make America White and Pure Again

If conservstive Candiand are no different than conservative Americans..this isnt accurate.

White people dont mind other languages so long as its a european language.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If conservstive Candiand are no different than conservative Americans..this isnt accurate.

White people dont mind other languages so long as its a european language.
    lol no

Spanish bugs the out them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no

Spanish bugs the out them.
    Same here. Althought theres only a few latinos but from personal experience the hicks here seem to associate spanish with browns...

Thread Information