Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..Later, Carson said he personally believed Charles Darwin's theory of evolution was encouraged by the devil.

"I personally believe that this theory that Darwin came up with was something that was encouraged by the adversary, and it has become what is scientifically, politically correct," said Carson.

"Amazingly, there are a significant number of scientists who do not believe it but they're afraid to say anything," Carson added, saying he would be writing a book, "The Organ of Species," that shows how the organs of the body refute evolution.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...lution-encoura

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carson gives (professional, educated) blacks a bad name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr huxtable has zero chance.

I am starting to doubt dear Mr Trump as well and the HP no HP CEO will be president

jebBusb it is unless Rubio can kick some ass. Rand Paul will be in the race for a while as well.

Most likely a Bush vs a Clinton for the white house this ing country

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^bush is like single digits in every poll off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^bush is like single digits in every poll off
    I will make sure and bump this in 4 weeks.

Hoping I'm wrong btw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, in not-crazy land:

"God is not a divine being or a magician, but the Creator who brought everything to life," the pope said. "Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this Pope.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    He's a terrible candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, in not-crazy land:

Nothing crazy here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nothing crazy here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nothing crazy here
    Will he be visiting with little Ahmed Mohammad during his trip here to the U.S.?

At least he speaks reasonably. The costume is a bit much though. I agree with that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So.

The good doctor has not a frrgn clue what he is talking about. This is a "smart" ignorant man. This guy reminds me of Avante. You know he had to memorize tons of crap to get through med school. You know he must be talented in his abilities to string processes together. But... He totally does not get one of man's greatest scientific triumphs.

Amazing. Those vids are absolute garbage. This is the perfect example of why deeming someone "smart" is such a capricious act. This guy is not dumb, he just has no clue what he is talking about. I don't understand why people set themselves up like this.

I DO NOT KNOW. Why is this phrase so difficult... Why get up in front of a crowd and start pontificating on subjects you know little to nothing about. At least Avante limits himself to Spurstalk.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-23-2015 at 06:49 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is black, well spoken, an achiever, and totally out of his league. I honestly don't think a white Republican with the same credentials in medicine would have made it this far. The good doctor is a big black token.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Carson: The World Was Created in Six Days. Literally.

Ben Carson, one of the top-tier contenders in the GOP presidential primary, has long been known as an ardent creationist. He has debated prominent scientists who defend evolution, and it's no secret that his advocacy of creationism springsfrom his deep faith in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, a Christian religion established in the mid-1800s. Creationism is a core belief for many Seventh-day Adventists, and one of the religion's founders, Ellen White, was one of the first purveyors of the notion that the Earth is merely 6,000 years old.

"I am not a hard-and-fast person who says the Earth is only 6,000 years old." Yet Carson quickly added, "I do believe in the six-day creation." And he meant literally six days, not metaphorical days — that is, not days that might have lasted millions of years.

He explained:

It says in the beginning God created the heaven and Earth. It doesn't say when he created them, except for in the beginning. So the Earth could have been here for a long time before he started creating things on it. But when he did start doing that, he made it very specifically clear to us the evening and the morning were the next day because he knew that people would come along and try to say that, "Oh, it was millions and millions of years." And then what else did he say in the very first chapter? That each thing brought forth after its own kind. Because he knew that people would come along and say, you know, this changed into that and this changed into that and this changed into that. So at the very beginning of the Bible, he puts that to rest.

So Carson may not be hard-and-fast on the when of creationism, but
    he is a biblical literalist on how long it took for the living Earth and all its inhabitants to come into being: six days.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...onism-six-days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's beyond unsettling that these freaks are this close to being potus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's beyond unsettling that these freaks are this close to being potus
    Donny T, Carson, and none of the others are at all close to being POTUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donny T, Carson, and none of the others are at all close to being POTUS.
    the odds are against them but they're closer to it than most. It's still unsettling that they're in the arena at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the odds are against them but they're closer to it than most. It's still unsettling that they're in the arena at all.
    they are closer to being POTUS than everybody else, duh, but they are not going to be Pres.

the Klown Kar is what you get from the VRWC's SCOTUS5 tools producing C-U whcih produces VRWC $100Ms that allows all these Klowns to declare.

Klowns is what you get by the VRWC tea baggers and Christian Taliban minority tails wagging the Repug dog.

VRWC/Repugs/Christian Taliban are much bigger threats to USA than the boogeymen, fabricated, hyped outrages they distract their base with as they loot Human-Americans' wealth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are closer to being POTUS than everybody else, duh.
    Exactly. Duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush already raising from the dead in the polls.

is also gaining.

I am getting more confident it will be those 2 plus rand in the end.

Trump, fluorina and Dr huxtable just don't have an organization to navigate them. They are toast.

Will bump this later....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Soft Bigotry of Ben Carson

Then on Tuesday, at a news conference, Carson said, “It has nothing to do with being a Muslim.” He continued: “That was the question that was specifically asked. If the question had been asked about a Christian and they said, ‘Would you support a Christian who supports establishing a theocracy?’ I would have said no.”

Only his original comment was unambiguous: It had everything to do with being a Muslim. And it was bigoted.

But this isn’t Carson’s first time at this rodeo. This has become his modus operandi.

Carson has a way of speaking in a flat, sing-song-y tone while flashing his toothy, 100-watt smile, that can be utterly disarming, if not completely charming.

His undeniable pedigree as an acclaimed pediatric neurosurgeon adds an air of gravitas to his nonsensical utterances and provides some cover for what can be poisonously harmful, over-the-line invectives.

Carson says in low register what others shout in anger, and he gets a bit of a pass because of the discordant message and method of delivery.

Just because a person is soft-spoken doesn’t mean that he is well-spoken.

It’s not that others have not criticized the president before or since, but it was the particularity of the racial imagery of Carson’s critique — one smart, accomplished black man undressing another in public — that gave it particular power. It insulated the attack from racial characterization. He said things from the lips of a black conservative that roiled the minds of white ones. And it represented a prominent breaking of ranks, a slicing off of black solidarity from not only Democratic loyalty but also from fidelity with this president.

Since then, Carson’s rhetoric has seemed to get only more reckless.

He has called Obama a psychopath and a liar. He has compared Obama’s supporters to Nazi sympathizers. He has said that Obamacare is the “worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery,” even worse than the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

He has asserted that being gay is “absolutely” a choice as evidenced by people who “go into prison straight — and when they come out, they’re gay.” He later apologized in a statement that read in part:

“I do not pretend to know how every individual came to their sexual orientation. I regret that my words to express that concept were hurtful and divisive. For that I apologize unreservedly to all that were offended.”

And even when his rhetoric isn’t reckless, it can be wrongheaded.

He has used the shallowness of race as a biological construct to disavow and diminish the depth of racism as a very real cultural construct.

And he makes the mistake many people do, of using his personal story of success as a societal prescription for all problems. I have always held that working hard and following the rules are their own reward, but I am not naïve enough to believe that personal behavior can completely countervail structural oppression.

Carson knows that his outrageous antics in his role as the anti-Obama are a most profitable enterprise. He mixes political critique with Christian theological messaging to rake in quite a bit of money on the lecture circuit.

As Politico reportedin July, Carson “brought in nearly $2 million delivering inspirational speeches to faith-based groups like Christian high schools and pregnancy centers in 2014,” with speaking fees ranging “from $12,320 to $48,500.”

This is a sad turn — spurred, I believe, by profit motive — for such a great legacy.

I, like many other African-Americans, had come to see Carson as a hero before his foray into politics because of the resonance of his personal story — a poor inner-city child being raised by a driven single mother who valued education and instilled in him a sense of character that would allow him to become a staggering success.

Carson was the embodiment of possibility. His 1990 book, “Gifted Hands,” was required reading for many young people.

But as a political figure, his stature is diminished as he reveals himself to be intolerant, bordering on soft bigotry, and also reckless and needlessly inflammatory.

No one can discount what Carson accomplished professionally, but those accomplishments must now stand shoulder to shoulder with this new persona: whisper-soft purveyor of hyperbolic hucksterism.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/24...en-carson.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quotes from all candiates are laughable at times
    yes all even all the ones in the office

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WATCH: CNN Grills Carson On Muslim Comments Until Manager Ends Interview

Tapper and Carson spent several minutes of back and forth.

"You're assuming that Muslim Americans put their religion ahead of the country," Tapper said to Carson.

"I'm assuming that if you accept all the tenets of Islam that you would have a very difficult time abiding under the Cons ution of the United States," Carson replied.

The conversation ended when a voice off-camera, which CNN identified as Carson's campaign manager, Armstrong Williams said, "This interview is over."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    carson's campaign manager should be telling HIM to stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that Ben Carson isn't legitimately saying some dumb things, but the reporter was clearly trying to set him up to say something stupid.

Thread Information